Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

15 hours ago, BigBute said:

The 245 is only available as a petrol engined vRS. It is the same engine in the 2019/20 Porsche Macan, which also uses the MQB chassis of the Octavia, albeit with a few Porsche tweaks.

15 hours ago, BigBute said:

The 245 is only available as a petrol engined vRS. It is the same engine in the 2019/20 Porsche Macan, which also uses the MQB chassis of the Octavia, albeit with a few Porsche tweaks.

Thanks  for info, good to know. I take it that the diesel  vRS is still known as a 230 , or is it ?

11 minutes ago, melbury said:

Thanks  for info, good to know. I take it that the diesel  vRS is still known as a 230 , or is it ?

No the 230 was the previous standard petrol Vrs model, but has been replaced by the 245 version which is now the only petrol model available. A better equipped Special Edition 245 Challenge is available for a few months before the MK4 Octavia is launched in the Autumn probably at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The diesel Vrs has a 2.0litre engine producing 181bhp (184 PS metric equivalent to bhp) and has been onsale for a number of years without any change to it's power output. The older manual Vrs diesels would qualify for £30 road tax but DSG (auto) versions are £120 to tax. New ones cost more to tax due to changes made in April 2017 to all new vehicles tax bands.:cool:

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

No the 230 was the previous standard petrol Vrs model, but has been replaced by the 245 version which is now the only petrol model available. A better equipped Special Edition 245 Challenge is available for a few months before the MK4 Octavia is launched in the Autumn probably at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The diesel Vrs has a 2.0litre engine producing 181bhp (184 PS metric equivalent to bhp) and has been onsale for a number of years without any change to it's power output. The older manual Vrs diesels would qualify for £30 road tax but DSG (auto) versions are £120 to tax. New ones cost more to tax due to changes made in April 2017 to all new vehicles tax bands.:cool:

Oh! Thanks ,misunderstood that ,on the learning curve. I got it now

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Andyoak21 said:

Well just ordered a Octavia scout in each blue with towbar soared wheel and virtual cockpit take delivery in a few weeks can't wait. 

Well done Andyoak,  looking forward to see a pic of it in due course. Not sure if a scout looks different or what .

On 08/03/2019 at 22:01, Andyoak21 said:

Well just ordered a Octavia scout in each blue with towbar soared wheel and virtual cockpit take delivery in a few weeks can't wait. 

You were lucky, I thought they had stopped making the Scout!!! Mine is coming up to three years old now and was half thinking of another new one, but taken away from order list.

Hi!

Mine was delivered in December and have only just stumbled across this very helpful forum!

Octavia SE Technology 1.5TSI in Energy Blue.

Let my wife choose the wheels - 17" Trius, I got the privacy glass!

Love the car, still in its running in period - only done 1300 miles so far.

Only problem I have is that I can't pull away in the bloody thing!! Thankfully I've read it's not me it's the car - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

IMG-20181213-WA0005.jpeg

13 minutes ago, RichieL said:

Hi!

Mine was delivered in December and have only just stumbled across this very helpful forum!

Only problem I have is that I can't pull away in the bloody thing!! Thankfully I've read it's not me it's the car - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

IMG-20181213-WA0005.jpeg

Guess it's the manual like our Karoq. Top tip when you fill up avoid the kangaroo fuel.Ours has reached 13,500 miles after nearly 14 months and the jerkiness in 1st gear is not as bad as it used to be. Last drove it yesterday and despite outside temp being 1.5C no problems. Might not bother with the software update alledgedly coming in Q2.:wall:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Andyoak21 said:

Well it was a built care in stock at factory. So yes I wasn't lucky only bit I wanted were towbar and spare wheel. As tow a caravan wanted something good for that. 

Great car....enjoy.

8 hours ago, RichieL said:

Hi!

IMG-20181213-WA0005.jpeg

Aw Richiel , yes a lot of people experience that. Some say you need to adopt a different  driving technique but I think its too long to have put up with it since December. The dealer should be able to sort that.

IMG_20181105_141542.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of consideration I put my order in this afternoon for a vRS Challenge hatch with lot of options...

• Rear side airbags
  • Heated windscreen
  • Temporary space saver spare wheel
  • Heated 3 spoke leather multifunction steering wheel with DSG paddles
  • Adaptive cruise control with speed limiter
  • Lane assist and Blind spot detection
  • Crew Protection Assistant
  • Rear-view parking camera
  • Virtual cockpit
  • Canton Sound System

I got a good deal through CarWow which my local dealer matched, decided to go ahead after the guaranteed that the price is fixed even if there are tarrif increases linked to brexit.  Right up until the point of collection I can cancel and get my deposit back.

Given a 12-16 week delivery time, then I will be selling my 2009 Octy vRS 170 CR TDI which I've owned from new.  Fully spec'd and only 34,500 miles.

• Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:27, shrikep15 said:

After a lot of consideration I put my order in this afternoon for a vRS Challenge hatch with lot of options...

• Rear side airbags
  • Heated windscreen
  • Temporary space saver spare wheel
  • Heated 3 spoke leather multifunction steering wheel with DSG paddles
  • Adaptive cruise control with speed limiter
  • Lane assist and Blind spot detection
  • Crew Protection Assistant
  • Rear-view parking camera
  • Virtual cockpit
  • Canton Sound System

I got a good deal through CarWow which my local dealer matched, decided to go ahead after the guaranteed that the price is fixed even if there are tarrif increases linked to brexit.  Right up until the point of collection I can cancel and get my deposit back.

Given a 12-16 week delivery time, then I will be selling my 2009 Octy vRS 170 CR TDI which I've owned from new.  Fully spec'd and only 34,500 miles.

Thats barely broken in!!  Someone will be getting a great deal.

Agreed.  I bought the diesel at the time when it was the thing to do, but with a change of circumstances at work my mileage dropped a huge amount.  Nearly 10 years of totally reliable motoring (1 sensor failure being the only fault) and it's time for a change.  Potentially a very cheap car overall since I'm part of the class action case over dieselgate, and so with any luck may get a decent amount of compensation.

Hey All!

Picked up a 2015 Octavia vRS manual TDI back in November 2018 with 36k on her and loving her so far!

The weather today has been stunning so managed to get out and get some decent pictures although still fairly standard....for the moment at least!

Octavia-v-RS-Corrected-Photo-1.jpg

• Like 2

Just bought a used late-2016 Octavia 1.6 TDI (110 bhp), 90.000 km on the clock (55.000 miles) in really great condition (looks brand-new) and sold our old 2001 Octavia with the 2.0 gas engine :-)

I do have a question for anyone who drives the 1.6 TDI - do you really shift as early as the car's software suggests? It feels a bit weird shifting around 1.500 - 1.600 RPM and driving at 1.200-1.300 RPM. But then this is my first turbo-diesel and I still have to get used to it. If anybody has a link to the power and torque curves feel free to share :-)

4 hours ago, kuza said:

Just bought a used late-2016 Octavia 1.6 TDI (110 bhp), 90.000 km on the clock (55.000 miles) in really great condition (looks brand-new) and sold our old 2001 Octavia with the 2.0 gas engine :-)

I do have a question for anyone who drives the 1.6 TDI - do you really shift as early as the car's software suggests? It feels a bit weird shifting around 1.500 - 1.600 RPM and driving at 1.200-1.300 RPM. But then this is my first turbo-diesel and I still have to get used to it. If anybody has a link to the power and torque curves feel free to share :-)

I've had a seat leon and a golf with that engine. Both were driven like they were stolen and still returned amazing mpg. We had a fleet of 5 each time and those that drove like miss daisy were always in the garage! 

On 03/04/2019 at 15:38, JamiePvrs said:

I've had a seat leon and a golf with that engine. Both were driven like they were stolen and still returned amazing mpg. We had a fleet of 5 each time and those that drove like miss daisy were always in the garage! 

Yeah, I've been reading up on the TDI engines and from what I've come across, because these engines have a DPF (Diesel Particle Filter) and EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) they need to be driven a bit harder every now and then in order to keep things clean and in good running order.

So to answer my own question - it's better to get a feeling of which RPMs the engine prefers to be kept at, usually higher than the car itself suggests. Yes, the milage will be slightly worse, but the engine will be healthier in the end :-)

Edited by kuza

You cannot damage the engine by revving it, but you might shorten the life of the DPF if you never push it beyond 2000 rpm! I use an app on my phone to monitor the regens (quite a few brisky members use it) so you can easily see the effect of soot and ash deposit accumulation and therefore its predicted life. FWIW, my DPF is around 25% full, after 53k miles, meaning a replacement or clean out wouldn't be necessary until at least 150k miles or more. When you drive up a long moderate gradient on a DC or M Way, the temp of the DPF climbs into the region where a so called passive regen takes place, but you'll need to be driving at 60+ mph and around 50% throttle open as a minimum to get the temps sufficiently high. The irritating thing is that they do an active regen aevery 200-300 miles which is pita if you're worried about fuel eco. This is the last VAG diesel I'll own, I'm reverting back to petrol next time.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2019 at 16:26, stever750 said:

I use an app on my phone to monitor the regens (quite a few brisky members use it) so you can easily see the effect of soot and ash deposit accumulation and therefore its predicted life. FWIW, my DPF is around 25% full, after 53k miles, meaning a replacement or clean out wouldn't be necessary until at least 150k miles or more. When you drive up a long moderate gradient on a DC or M Way, the temp of the DPF climbs into the region where a so called passive regen takes place, but you'll need to be driving at 60+ mph and around 50% throttle open as a minimum to get the temps sufficiently high. The irritating thing is that they do an active regen aevery 200-300 miles which is pita if you're worried about fuel eco.

Interesting. I'm guessing you use an app that connects to an OBD2 device or with something like the VCDS? And it shows the percentage of how clogged up the DPF is? I have an OBD2 but I haven't tried it out on the new Octi yet.

• 2 weeks later...