Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Welcome Alan so glad I went for a manual box it may be slower than the DSG but more satisfying changing gear when I want to rather than rely on a computer.:clap:

Thank you. No pictures of mine yet. It's got to have a decent clean tomorrow. Once I've done it I'll get some shots and post up. 

It's white with the black pack. I've already fitted LED interior lights, side lights and indicators. Still waiting for the led fogs to turn up... 

1 minute ago, Alan H said:

Thank you. No pictures of mine yet. It's got to have a decent clean tomorrow. Once I've done it I'll get some shots and post up. 

It's white with the black pack. I've already fitted LED interior lights, side lights and indicators. Still waiting for the led fogs to turn up... 

You've been busy, gave mine a quick clean off to the I.O.W in the morning for 3 days to celebrate wedding anniversary (15 long years). So any scumbag thieves reading this house alarm will be on!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

You've been busy, gave mine a quick clean off to the I.O.W in the morning for 3 days to celebrate wedding anniversary (15 long years). So any scumbag thieves reading this house alarm will be on!:D

I also fitted gas struts on the bonnet, I was quite surprised that it doesn't come with them as standard!

And another surprise is there aren't any footwell lights....

• 1 month later...

See Audi just been fined £700 million (800 million Euro's) for "deviations from regulatory requirements relating to their V6 and V8 diesel engines (not found in Skoda's). This follows VW Group similar £880 million fine earlier in the year. Prosecutors based in Munich (BMW Headquarters), bet that raised a small chuckle across town.:D

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I've been browsing the forums for a bit, but only just signed up, so thought I should introduce myself.

I have a 2016 Octavia VRS230 Wagon, which is probably the unluckiest car in the world. In the 2.5 years I've owned it, it's only been with me for 6 months through a combination of non-fault accidents and me being out of the country. At the moment I have it back though, and hoping I can finally spend some time with it now.

It's going in for a little bit of warranty work this month and then I will start making some small changes.

Tony

8 minutes ago, TMac88 said:

Hi All,

I've been browsing the forums for a bit, but only just signed up, so thought I should introduce myself.

I have a 2016 Octavia VRS230 Wagon, which is probably the unluckiest car in the world. In the 2.5 years I've owned it, it's only been with me for 6 months through a combination of non-fault accidents and me being out of the country. At the moment I have it back though, and hoping I can finally spend some time with it now.

It's going in for a little bit of warranty work this month and then I will start making some small changes.

Tony

Hi Tony welcome (at last) to the forum. With all that misfortune and working abroad your car must be low mileage if you haven't driven it much.:clap:

On 04/01/2019 at 12:18, shyVRS245 said:

Hi Tony welcome (at last) to the forum. With all that misfortune and working abroad your car must be low mileage if you haven't driven it much.:clap:

Hi,

It's a lot lower than it would have been if i'd been driving it all that time, but I had a family member looking after it while I was away, so it's still had some use, roughly 25k miles to date.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's official 2018 most popular (common) colour choice for new cars was GREY. Almost 495.000 were sold to punters in the UK beating 2017 most popular colour Black into 2nd position. White was 3rd and Blue 4th. Amazingly 75% of all new cars last year were specified in these 4 very conservative (or dull if you prefer) shades. Might be the fault of that film 50 shades, who knows but Mr.Goldfinger has a lot to answer for.:envy:

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

It's official 2018 most popular (common) colour choice for new cars was GREY. Almost 495.000 were sold to punters in the UK beating 2017 most popular colour Black into 2nd position. White was 3rd and Blue 4th. Amazingly 75% of all new cars last year were specified in these 4 very conservative (or dull if you prefer) shades. Might be the fault of that film 50 shades, who knows but Mr.Goldfinger has a lot to answer for.:envy:

Grey is defiantly the " BE57 "

IMG_1761.thumb.jpeg.699ac6577252beb08e4b03f1808e0587.jpeg

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just taken delivery of a new (68 plate) VRS 230 Combi in Quartz Grey Metallic. As far as I can tell the options include, Lane Assist, Chrome grille surround, Skoda Connect to mention a few. Still discovering all of the details. Done about 95 miles in it so far and am very impressed with the car....especially performance :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Back in Vrs ownership picked this up on Saturday love it, had a mk2 Vrs petrol in black before down sizing to a Fabia Monte Carlo Estate pcp came to an end couldn't resist returning to the Vrs club 

20190215_154614.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, melbury said:

Looks stunning ! great choice. Would that be known as a 245 ? and could you tell me does 245 only refer to VRS ?

The 245 is only available as a petrol engined vRS. It is the same engine in the 2019/20 Porsche Macan, which also uses the MQB chassis of the Octavia, albeit with a few Porsche tweaks.