Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

13 minutes ago, 181ce said:

Nope,footwell lighting and ambient lighting are both options on the style spec,but I think that may be an oddity for the Irish market

Same in Greece

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:18, YMe said:

Nice car. Quartz Grey ain't bad if you can't have Race Blue (The proper colour :biggrin:)

Do you have the ambient lighting along with the foot-well lighting? I keep my ambient on Blue to match the Race Blue exterior.

I have my ambient lighting on red on the doors to match the red brake calipers and red on the seats. Red and black looks pretty cool.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:40, Edz_VRS said:

Hi all, collected my vRS Estate yesterday very pleased with all the nice touches.  Even got Android Auto working today so that was great.  Spec has heated seats, screen and washers beyond standard kit. Hoping to take some proper photos once it stops raining!

1UBrE4e.jpg

I like the lake district particularly Keswick but that looks like typical Cumbrian weather.

On 23/02/2018 at 14:59, KevC_Derby said:

Can I join this yet, got my Reg No - ending in OCW, desperately trying to get OCT but to no avail.

Roll on Thursday 8am.

Car moved from compound to workshop today after 3 weeks, last one to be prepped for Mar 1st collection, last one into the showroom on Wednesday night and first one out on Thursday!

Am I too early to register?  I've just signed up to change my Yeti 1.2 SE L for an Octavia SE 1.0 DSG Estate.  It's  a factory order so a wait of 8 to 12 weeks.

John

3 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

Officially a member!

Congrats Kev C enjoy when the weather improves, probably best left in eco at the moment. Just took me 1hour and 29minutes to do my 26mile commute because we had one inch of snow in North Leicestershire. Decided to take the wife's Karoq instead 1.5Tsi front wheel drive 6speed manual gearbox and it coped great and somehow still managed 40mpg despite first 3miles taking me 40minutes. About 2inches of snow in South Leicestershire, hope I can get home in the morning!

On 23/2/2018 at 14:39, StaNta said:

Very beautiful car.

Exterior is like mine, Style quartz grey.

May ask you something?  As I can see it doesn't have full led headlights, right?

Do you have also the ambient lighting along with the foot-well lighting? Because I don't. I've been told that they stopped adding this feature to 2018 cars.

Footwell and Ambient lighting standard on the Sportline spec (Irish spec option). Also full LED headlights. I’ve since upgraded the foot wells to LED (and also the other interior lights and high output boot lights. Some photos of the upgrade - will post more later. 

56B527E2-7229-4B05-A76B-F53DBC25953F.jpeg

AB752FBC-CB2C-4788-82BE-07D3EA086398.jpeg

78866E6E-2ACF-408E-8F19-EF3A5C21E1C7.jpeg

B4F33073-B0BC-4BC2-9F2E-D18995A1DB00.jpeg

C88C2ED8-9F18-4B1F-9701-CF09837C3650.jpeg

Edited by SeanG
Extra photos
  • Like 1

Upgraded my Rapid to something that actually fits the description. Not the best weather for its first journey!

IMG-20180302-WA0001.jpg

The dealer thinks it might have been the last petrol Vrs230 that was available in the country.

Edited by sicone
  • Like 1

Finally I can post on here - we picked up our estate SE 1.0TSi this morning & it's a lovely drive, really noticed the difference in quality over our 10 year old Roomster. Now I've just got to work out what all the switches & controls do, and then show Mrs Statto

2018-03-03 14.53.23 v2.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

Looks like a reg local to me, I’ll look out for you if so!

Good homework that man, it came down from Nottingham however I'm in Berkshire

20 hours ago, creamvRS said:

You got pics? Get it from Chez?

Nope, Bristol Street Derby.

I wasn't overly keen on the Chrome before I got it and was going to go Black with Black badges too but I think it’s great with the Race Blue.

DD67F3E8-07F5-4F48-B174-6FDDA0E31961.jpeg

2B2C0797-64D0-47EE-8726-34D74000BD24.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

Nope, Bristol Street Derby.

I wasn't overly keen on the Chrome before I got it and was going to go Black with Black badges too but I think it’s great with the Race Blue.

I'd agree, looks good to me in Race Blue as well, personally I prefer your blue to the black as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my SE-L 1.5 manual yesterday and very impressed so far.  I managed to take these pictures this morning before the sleet and snow started...  One or two things have surprised me, though

- The umbrella isn't under the passenger seat, it's in the boot

- The bonnet has sound deadening fitted

- It has electrically folding mirrors (I thought these were an option on the SE-L)

- It has auto wipers

Only negative so far is the shiny piano black surround to the gear lever that is a magnet for finger prints and scratches, but that is serious nit-picking...

The kids approve too...

Octavia 1.jpg

Octavia 2.jpg