Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:19, Adam-C-L said:

You are right! I forgot they went to LED, I’d been looking at second hand ones with the xenons, only the fact I got a ridiculous deal on this I went new. 

And very bright LED Front FOGS too!B)

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Because I am very old only paid £280 for the year!:blink:

I've been driving for 9 years, 9 years no claims, and my insurance is £550 for the year :o

Last car was a 3 series GT, 2.0 diesel automatic, and that was £800!

16 minutes ago, Jamie82 said:

I've been driving for 9 years, 9 years no claims, and my insurance is £550 for the year :o

Last car was a 3 series GT, 2.0 diesel automatic, and that was £800!

I believe 17 year olds pay at least £2,000 even with a black box device!:angry:

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

I believe 17 year olds pay at least £2,000 even with a black box device!:angry:

It's insane. I work in the road safety industry and insurers are a nightmare to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Jamie82 said:

It's insane. I work in the road safety industry and insurers are a nightmare to deal with.

Yeah money for old rope been 13 years since I made a claim. RE-MODELLED my front bumper Seat Toledo on the back of a BMW 330i Coupe who decided to stop for a TRAFFIC LIGHT ON GREEN. Must have been colour blind!:cool:

1 hour ago, Adam-C-L said:

I can’t believe how bright the headlights are! Going from standard bulbs to LED is a massive difference! 

Yeah wife went from halogens (2015 Rapid) to FULL LED'S (2018 Karoq). Literally NIGHT and DAY difference!B)

White Octy 3  (apparently white goes faster) vRS TSI DSG Tow Bar. Mud flaps, bonnet Stay and Black grille surround form Superskoda yet to be fitted.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:24, Jamie82 said:

Cheers, not too far away. How much was your insurance affected by your remap?

Shark have gone into liquidation.  Racingline in Milton Keynes have bought the IP etc

Just picked up my “new” Octavia estate SE L 2.0 TDI today.

A year and a half ago I defected from VW to Škoda and got a Rapid Spaceback. It was ok, but I knew I wanted something bigger and more powerful.

first impressions:

- Folding and unfolding the mirrors is strangely enjoyable.

- The LED headlights are insanely bright.

- CarPlay is good, and will get even better when Waze is available on iOS 12.

- The boot is huge.

75230986-A0F0-4776-84C2-7C797F7B4E82.jpeg

• Like 1

said:

1) Stokey, 1.4 TSI Elegance HB, race blue, ivory full leather interior

2) Erniem, 1.6TDI Elegance HB, Denim Blue, Columbus Sat Nav, Bi Xenon

3) Stuart, 1.6TDI SE HB, Brilliant Silver

4) Carrock, 2.0TDI Elegance HB, Race Blue, sports suspension,

5) Stokie_nav, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, Steel Grey

6) Spearmg, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, Denim Blue

7) Matt Pez, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, Race Blue, Man, Black Int, Winter Pk, Park Ass't, Golus, Spare, Cornering Fogs, Chrome, Sill Guards

8) John Y, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, Cap. Beige Metallic, Black Leather, Winter pack, Golus 17" wheels, Spare Wheel, Zenon Headlights, LED Rearlights, Chrome Sill Guards. Front Mudflaps

9) DJD66, 1.6TDI Elegance HB, Race Blue, Beige alcantra/leather interior, Chrome window surrounds, Spare wheel, Sill guards, Front mudflaps

10) DavidF3911, 2.0CR Elegance HB, Candy white, Beige interior. No options.

11) Viking68, 1.8 TSI Elegance 4x4 DSG, Race blue, Alcantara +++ (dlv. Oct)

12) Pumatron, 1.4 tsi Elegance HB, candy white, 18" Golus, sports suspension,canton sound system, crew protection, LED rear lights, heated front seats, chrome window trim, apple connector, boot net program, cornering front fogs, spare wheel, mudflaps, sill protectors.

13) Timoctav, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, denim blue, black alcantara /leather, bi-xenons, rear light LED's, winter pack, park assistant, spare wheel, Mitsumi Apple device connection, sill protectors

14) GWM97E - 1.6tdi Elegance, Black, beigealcatara/leiather. Ordered a set of roof bars as well, but they haven't arrived as 'they haven't been tested for the UK market yet' !!!

15 ) Laurpat - 1.6 TDI Elegance, Candy white, 18" Golus, Sports suspension, Tinted windows (70% rear, 30% front), Heated windscreen, Heated front seats, Hill hold control, Tire pressure warning light, LED rear lights, Interior light in footwell front and rear, ISOFIX" on passenger seat, No engine label, spare wheel, mudfla

16) Hawkster - 1.4TSI SE, Petrol Blue met, spare wheel, front mud flaps

17) Albors - 1.4 TSI Elegance, Beige capuccino, bixenon, chrome, driving mode selection, Black interior, alarm, Teron 17" wheels, interior light in footwell.

18) Richie - 1.4 TSI Elegance HB, Pacific Blue, Black Alcantara/Leather, Bi Xenon, LED rear lights, Golus 18" Alloys, Heated front seats, Mitsumi Apple Connection, Spare wheel,Lane Assist (for the wife) - On order

19) Vikram - 1.8TSI Ambiente plus DSG,Bi Xenon, All led lights, Superchips Remap, Magnaflow muffler, Forge Diverter.

20) Rob- 2.0TDI elegance, race blue. Black Alcantara/leather. Chrome pack (apparently) park assist. Driving modes A few other extras I can't remember.

22 minutes ago, Nescafe1 said:

After a 3 month wait I’m finally the owner of this beauty. 1.5tsi SEL DSG. 

Race blue

Interia light pack

Rear Leds

Simply clever pack

Winter pack

CD1593AB-5CDF-426A-82D4-0ADDFBC1FC0D.jpeg

Well worth the wait you will enjoy playing with ambient lighting menu under settings, gone from Racy Red, to VRS Green now on subdued Purple, my favourite colour so far, wish I had specified it on the wife's Karoq SEL 1.5Tsi manual. Great engine BTW.:biggrin:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well worth the wait you will enjoy playing with ambient lighting menu under settings, gone from Racy Red, to VRS Green now on subdued Purple, my favourite colour so far, wish I had specified it on the wife's Karoq SEL 1.5Tsi manual. Great engine BTW.:biggrin:

Loving it so far, lights on blue at the moment to match the paintwork. 1.5 was very smooth and quiet with the 7 speed DSG and went in to 2 cylinder mode quite a bit on the drive home (only noticeable by the display on the dash) 50.1mpg on my 21 mile run home so well happy with that. 

1 hour ago, Nescafe1 said:

Loving it so far, lights on blue at the moment to match the paintwork. 1.5 was very smooth and quiet with the 7 speed DSG and went in to 2 cylinder mode quite a bit on the drive home (only noticeable by the display on the dash) 50.1mpg on my 21 mile run home so well happy with that. 

Driving the wife's Karoq today and managed 56.8mpg on the 26 mile commute.:biggrin:

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Driving the wife's Karoq today and managed 56.8mpg on the 26 mile commute.:biggrin:

Manual or Auto? I’m hoping it goes up a bit as it gets more run in. Better than the 39mpg that my Kuga was averaging lol!

23 minutes ago, Nescafe1 said:

Manual or Auto? I’m hoping it goes up a bit as it gets more run in. Better than the 39mpg that my Kuga was averaging lol!

It's the manual, personally I think it's more economical than the 7 speed auto, but not used that combo so only guessing really.:tongueout:

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Alan H said:

Have just picked up a 66 plate vRS in white with a manual box. Loving it so far

Welcome Alan so glad I went for a manual box it may be slower than the DSG but more satisfying changing gear when I want to rather than rely on a computer.:clap:

• Haha 1