We buy any car quote.

Just put my reg in to get a quote, just for curiosity, I have a 1.2 105 Monte Carlo just 2 years old done less than 10,000 miles, £7,550 don't sound good to me.

Edited by DIZZY3

None of the quick car buy places are going to give you a very good quote, their entire business model is to take advantage of people who need to sell their car fast for whatever reason.

I did the same out of curosity.. for my Fabia vRS MK2 with 4K on the clock with all the optional extras on it like "rear electrics, arm rest, sat nav, blue tooth, rear parking sensors and climate control" and suprise suprise they came back with just over 7K.. Are they having a laugh!!... I keep on getting an automated e-mail from them saying the value of my car has gone up... oh yeah by about £10 a time... its quiet funny really...

• Like 1

None of the quick car buy places are going to give you a very good quote, their entire business model is to take advantage of people who need to sell their car fast for whatever reason.

Yes,it's for mugs only...and I understand it gets worse.

Once you get involved and someone comes to appraise your car they always find reasons to knock down the offer even more.

I did the same out of curosity.. for my Fabia vRS MK2 with 4K on the clock with all the optional extras on it like "rear electrics, arm rest, sat nav, blue tooth, rear parking sensors and climate control" and suprise suprise they came back with just over 7K.. Are they having a laugh!!... I keep on getting an automated e-mail from them saying the value of my car has gone up... oh yeah by about £10 a time... its quiet funny really...

£7,800 +1

Well i went in to a citroen dealer last weekend and asked for the price in between for a new c3 e-hdi.

My Fabia 1.2 tsi elegance is 6months old and has done 8000km. Lots of equipment and had a list price of about 15k gbp, i was offered 9k for it. So it basicly dropped 6k gbp in 6months.. nice!

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

Unless you buy the car with 0% VAT it is going to loose at least 20% of what you paid as soon as you leave the garage. As for "Extras" these are very rarely taken into consideration at all let alone added at anything like the price you paid (and the VAT rule also applies).

The dealer who has to sell your car must make the price excluding VAT something they can make money on.

A car you pay £12,000 for is on the books as sold for £10,000 for a garage to buy that car back and still make money they would have to pay only £9,500. To a customer that looks like an immediate £2,500 loss in value but the garage would be lucky to make £250 in profit from the deal (after you factor in overheads and inspections etc)

paying 0% vat or not makes no difference, they still knock the price down accordingly as you can still buy at zero vat, all it means is you lose even more if you paid full price.

your car isnt valued according to the vat paid, only against what its worth or what it would cost to buy new, which is 14k ish just now

personally id rather run it into the ground than sell to those cowboys

Edited by the mad monk

Glass's Guide says between £8-9000.00 so we buy any car are going for an easy mug. They know that due to the age it will have very little to complain about and figure it will sell easily for an additional £500 to £1000.00. I sold my sisters 1999 VW Passat. They gave a price of £75.00!!! I sold it privately for £800.00. Never use anybody like that to sell your car unless you are desperate. Thank goodness it was just a check out of curiosity.

• Like 1

They offer minimum book and probably try to knock it lower when you take it in.

If you want to get shot quick, with cash in your poocket, all well and good.

BUT

My 2012 Monte Carlo 1.6 CR TDI (registered May 12) with 12k on the clock was quoted £9215 two weeks ago.

I had a broker (where I got it) shopping around for deals and they had a top offer of £8500 on Saturday - so £700 less than We Buy Any Car (if that's what they'd have actualy paid).

I've spoken to the local Skoda dealer and they "would need to look at it" but offered IRO £10k in feb when it was 9 months old and had under 10k on the clock. I reckon now, I'd be offered about £9k, depending on what I was going to trade it in against - they can flex the numbers, depending on what you have to play with for deposits, finance or not, what you want to buy etc etc.

I've found on my last 3 car changes that the strongest offers have been like for like manufacturers as well - a Ford dealer (for example) will offer less for a Skoda than a Skoda dealer, as allegedly, the Skoda bloke knows the car and can sell it on his forecourt easier.

1.4 tsi's are being offered at 25% off list at Prestons, Forest Gate. that will have a massive knock on (Or off) Of the resale price too!

WeBuyAnyCar generates it's prices from a rolling average of auction prices, so if the last 10 Monte Carlo's went through auction houses for £7500, that's what you'll get offered, minus 2.5% profit margin, minus anything they knock off for you being less than 100% in your description of the car.

They're a business, not a charity. You can get a brand new Monte Carlo Tech Pack for £11793.63 on the road LIST today. You don't have to be a genius to figure out that you'll get a few hundred pounds off that for discount, so you can hardly expect that sort of money for a used one, despite what people were paying 2 years ago.

Sorry!

I wouldn't say webuyanycar are that much worse than dealers. The last 2 cars we have sold webuanycar offered around £500 more than the dealers were offing on trade in (in the end we sold privately for a bit more). Dealers also seem to want to make money off a trade in, never understood the logic that they would rather loose a sale on a new car rather than give a trade in price where they are literally just passing it on and not making a profit. They almost want to make money on both sides of the deal

When I bought my new Fabia SE 1.6 TDI CR 105 bhp Estate with reversing sensors and tow bar in March this year and part exchanged my 08 Fabia 2, 1.9 TDI estate with 107,700 miles for £2700. The Skoda Dealer traded it and the trader sold it for £3899 but the trader had to do an MOT, re-spray stone-chipped bonnet and tax it (I think the new owner paid). I suppose the Skoda dealer sold it for 2900 to the trader but as stated above the trader has to pay VAT on the difference between what he bought and sold the car. Next time I could try webuyanycar?

I asked the Skoda dealer if I sold my old car myself, would he reduce the new car price. I said he would not!

Parkers Guide stated that £2700 was a low figure but I drove the old car onto the forecourt and drove off the new car.

Edited by Diesel Estate

My mate got offered more for his XC90 from WBAC than he could get in p/x