Big turbo Mk2 TDi vRS rep (07.01.17 update)

Brimma

Bryan, where are you getting the braids refurbed? as the guy in Heckington I use is very good

If you let me know his details I'll get in touch

• 3 weeks later...

Brimma, hi from chile. I have your sane car, but the hatchback. I was thinking in doing a lot of the things u have done and i have a question: do you fabia have 6airbags, estabily control(esp) and traccion control(asr)

Pd: excuse me if i made a writting mistake

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Edited by NcioxDSG

• 1 month later...

Do you have many details about the turbo fitting, what els was invovled etc?

Can pm if you want :)

Turbo purchased on ebay, oil feed pipes required from Darkside, and I decided to go for a Wagner intercooler upgrade, then put in the capable hands of Shark Performance to fit and update the mapping (they had done the original map)

Decided not to go all out for figures, and didn't want to delete the DPF, so it's running at 175 - I'm sure Ben could have got a fair bit more without the DPF

Edited by Brimma
  • Like 2

I'd be happy with around 180bhp now I think.

It's already stage 2, the company that did the work claim around 130bhp currently.

I will be interested to see what figures I can get with a 2.0 16v cr170 turbo (possibly hybrid) with the other work I've got. A FMIC and pipe work is no worry either.

What is worrying me is my clutch, are you running a standard clutch with your 175bhp? If so what sort of miles are on that standard clutch?

I'd be happy with around 180bhp now I think.

It's already stage 2, the company that did the work claim around 130bhp currently.

I will be interested to see what figures I can get with a 2.0 16v cr170 turbo (possibly hybrid) with the other work I've got. A FMIC and pipe work is no worry either.

What is worrying me is my clutch, are you running a standard clutch with your 175bhp? If so what sort of miles are on that standard clutch?

My 1.6tdi is now back to standard so have the turbo you need for sale :)

• 4 weeks later...

Finally managed to get the car in for the disc rear axle to be fitted, so thought I might as well get the 312 front upgrade done at the same time

Painted the rear calipers green, then bought red fronts, just to be a bit different, and to mirror the vRS badging 

Very happy :)

post-37884-0-17235400-1473480759_thumb.jpg

post-37884-0-37990700-1473480773_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brimma
  • Like 3

How are you finding the brake upgrade all round? its on my to do list also, more so with the remap coming.

I dont see the appeal of the different colour calipers mind... but each to their own!

my 312mm upgrade was a vast improvement over the standard, best mechanical mod to date.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

read the whole thread .

a whole lot of work and dedication .

best looking mk2 estate i have ever seen and big increase on the bhp + torque .

well done to you Brimma ...

Thanks, comments like that make it all worthwhile  :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Finally got the Borbet Fs on the car last weekend, shod with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 rubber, which I think provide excellent value for money

DSCN4865_zpskrgfw7ul.jpg

DSCN4867_zpsautmloaw.jpg

DSCN4866_zpscrujsvgx.jpg

DSCN4868_zpsvob3n8pa.jpg

DSCN4869_zps8pfgwwi2.jpg

DSCN4871_zpsyznhv6k7.jpg

DSCN4870_zpspi3em24r.jpg

DSCN4872_zpsghsdqelf.jpg

• Like 2

When you did the front brake swap, was it just the carriers that you changed and kept the same calipers? if so, what car did you get the carriers from? 

Despite keeping my eyes peeled, I still haven't spotted you in or around Lincoln, if you do see somebody in either a  grey T4 Transporter or an orange Fab II waving at you like an idiot, it will be me......

• Like 2

You will need the carriers, caliper and discs for the 312 swap, kinda got used to my 312's, 330's next. all my parts came from a MK1 Octavia.

Edited by tempra007

Finally got the Borbet Fs on the car last weekend, shod with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 rubber, which I think provide excellent value for money

DSCN4865_zpskrgfw7ul.jpg

What have you done - noooooooooooooooo!!!!

Pretty sure my 2012 Monte Carlo already has the 312 calipers fitted (same as the 312 Audi TT ones) just with smaller carriers to suit the 288 setup.

That's why some people say you only need the carriers and obviously bigger discs and pads, it just depends what brake system was fitted to the car when it was new.