Fabia vRS Alloy Sump Protector Group Buy!

Josh_PoloGTi

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jifster and all others looking for one of these' date=' please see Devonutopia's thread, as his won't fit his car due to his FMIC.

Anyone else fitted theirs today?

It was so relieving to have mine reinstalled today! I could concentrate on driving instead of being transfixed on the road, watching out for debris!![/quote']

Ok thanks Josh, shame about that. :(

Mine arrived damaged and with the box burst open, a few battle scars on the guard, maybe thats why it took so long, I commented on the delivery sheet about the state of the goods.

As it was damaged anyway had to hammer the OS mounting point flat, it was all bent. I saw how soft the support material was, I just put a twist in it to route round the FMIC pipe then a twist back at the top to fit to the mounting point.

Thus both FMIC and Sump guard are on.

Also one hole didn't line up with pre fab so had to drill a new one.

No good with pictures and PC stuff. PM me for more info.

Fitted mine last night by myself (well with the helping hand of my dear old mother :rolleyes: )!! yes that's right I fitted something without the help of a garage!! :eek: What is the world coming to?

Anyway as BM said it was bent slightly out of shape as it would not fit the first time. Gave it a good tug using the wall and then retried fitted and it went on all ok.

Slightly catching the SMIC pipe work, but I left it as it is as the FMIC will go on next weekend with any luck.

Thanks for the work Josh :thumbup:

OK, so now everyone has received their guards, I thought it would be nice to have a bit of a followup on how people are going on with them, and to discuss the problems that were encountered.

First of all, thanks to everyone involved, that's you the punters and to KLM for making them.

I think it's fair to say that this GB took a lot longer than expected to complete, due to a number of factors. I think the first one was getting the money in and then getting the money out of Paypal and Nochex and then into my account, the other delays were down to the manufacturer's 3 week lead time from me placing the confirmed order (which I couldn't do until I had all the money safely in my bank account) and then there being a delay after that 3 week period in getting me the first of the production brackets, and this being wrong, so having to send it back, along with mine, for them to correct their design. Phew.

I also realise that a lot of you must be miffed that it doesn't fit around the FMIC pipework, but without having you down to the manufacturers at the same time as me to get things mesured up, I'm not sure how else we could have done it (plus I don't know if any of you actually had a FMIC at the time I had the bracket designed???). BlackMagic has proved that all is not lost and that the bracket can be made to fit around the Forge FMIC pipework, so I suggest you badger him for photos of how he's done it if you want to use your guard.

Black Magic... I have advised KLM that you received damaged goods and they are going to take this up with the couriers. I'm not sure you'll get anything back from them, but it's nice to know that someone might get an earfull for it.

I also realise that the bracket might require a bit of a tug to get it to fit... My production bracket that's on my car now certainly did. (My pre-production one didn't by the way, so I think they must have got something slightly out when copying the pre-production bracket. It's nothing a good tug won't fix, so bear that in mind when fitting it.

So, there have been problems with the GB, but I don't think it's been a total catastrophy...

... What are your thoughts? (please try not to make them too personal! I am only human!)

Who's fitted theirs so far apart from Me, Shifty, Black Magic and FlatFourBurble?

Who's selling / sold theirs apart from Devonutopia?

Who's fitted theirs so far apart from Me' date=' Shifty, Black Magic and FlatFourBurble?[/quote']

Me ;):thumbup:

Nice bit of kit - Did take a little tug on the bracket as you say.

Gave mine a pretty good test today as well on a fecking speed mountain.

Me ;):thumbup:

Nice bit of kit - Did take a little tug on the bracket as you say.

Gave mine a pretty good test today as well on a fecking speed mountain.

You drove your car through a pile of amphetamines? To test your sump protector? :confused:

;)

Not fitted mine yet' date=' but it looks like it's in a good shape, and it was well-packaged :)

I am hoping to get a call from the insrance soonish, then get into the fitting bit :)[/quote']

ditto :thumbup:

You drove your car through a pile of amphetamines? To test your sump protector? :confused:

;)

They've just put these bloody mountains in on the acces road to where I live. The council guy was out on the road yesterday when I came home so he got some, he told me they were the regulated 3 inches, and then today I really clunked one underneath.

The problem is they are the square in the middle of the road type so when you drive over them the car doesn't go up at all you just get the bottom ripped off it. Fecking idiots, it's not like Britain's roads aren't bad enough already without putting more bumps in the road.

Received mine well packed and in good condition.

When we started to fit the bracket it was found that the securing nuts were on the wrongside. A quick phone call to the compmany and another one was dispatched.

I had to pack the bracket to protect the FMIC pipe but I will modify this next week.

3 of the holes on the plate did not line up but again I will re drill / file out the holes when I do the bracket.

Apart from the above I am still very pleased, it is a a nice piece of equitment.

Thanks for all your help Josh, you done a great job.

Tried to fit mine tonight with a mate who has a pit in his garage, didnt even get past taking the plastic guard off. Coz the three screws that screw the guard to the bracket with the allen key heads, have got a sort off nipple thing in the allen key hole and the allen key wont fit deep enough to tighten it. Gonna have to get some new ones or bolts. Anybody else had this problem or is it me bein thick.

Looks like they have sent you security Allen Bolts!

Send me an email with your address on it' date=' and I'll make sure they send you the correct bolts. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/quote']

:) Thanks for your offer Josh, but i"ve managed to borrow a security allen key that fit them, so we will be fitting it tommorow. :thumbup:

Photos will be taken soon, just back from a holiday. Will try and take them without getting the sump guard off. I was also sent security fastners but just replaced them with 6mm SS 20mm long bolts and anti vib washers.

It will fit with the Forge FMIC but as someone said pad the OS bracket.

My only issues were hole allignment (2) and packaging, I felt the bracket could have been better packaged.

Josh the timescale was perfect for the FMIC group buy it would have been a pain otherwise. I would recommend this to anyone lowering their car.

Fitted my sump guard this morning took us about an hour, but we had the use of a pit which made the job a lot easier. Went on pretty strait forward just a little bit of rawming with the bracket, looks good and will do a good job. I could see the scars on me plastic guard, so wasnt a moment to soon to fit it. Thanks, Josh for organising this for us.