So she's going but whats she worth?

Marso

Mrs M is due to have another child so we are needing a 7 seater for our brood - going for an ML Mercedes so I just need some help pricing our Yeti please?

Here are the specs:

Reg: **62 *** - 9 months old

Model: Yeti Elegance 2.0 tdi 140 PS DSG Auto 4x4

Trim: Black soft leather

Colour: Brilliant silver

Miles: 9960

Extra spec:

Panoramic sunroof £1065

Sound package £390

Spare Wheel (can be removed for a bigger boot) £85

Tyre pressure monitor £100

Tow bar prep £180

Electric drivers seat with memory £535

Park distance with park assist £505

Heated front screen £215

Auto dimming door mirror £50

4 year / first two service plan £???

Columbus Sat Nav £1630 (Fitted after build)

Factory textile floor mats £65 and skoda rubber mats all round incl boot

Mudflaps

The car has had no paint, dents or dings, might have 3 small stone chips in total on the front bumper

let me know what you think please?

Edited by Marso

Putting the prices you paid for the "extras" is pointless, as you will not get back what you paid for them.

Stick the reg in "We Buy Any Car" and see what they'll offer you.

And good luck with the Merc. I think I'd go down the Toyota route!

OK then, I'll give you £50 for her (somebody's got to start the ball rolling).

• Like 2

Putting the prices you paid for the "extras" is pointless, as you will not get back what you paid for them.

Stick the reg in "We Buy Any Car" and see what they'll offer you.

And good luck with the Merc. I think I'd go down the Toyota route!

"we con any buyer" more like.

My December 10 140 Elegance with 18k was traded in on May 15th against my new L&K. The 1.8 L&K was sold to me at 24k. I gave "We blag any deal" a try a couple of weeks before the deal and they offered me 14.5k-I decided that Prospect Letchworth's offer of 16,250 was preferable.

I didn't reply and since doing the deal have had two e-mails from "we prey on any one" Telling me "your yeti has increased in value"

I have just asked them for today's offer .......

£15005 !

Congratulations on the family situation, but you may be falling foul of the non-Freedom member selling regulations of the forum by putting out a 'what's it worth thread'

Surely it's not what it's worth, it's what you can get?

I have used the 'what car' valuer in the past and used it as a starting point, looking at what they state you should get new cars for and factoring that in.

There are some pretty honest dealers on here, who will offer reasonable prices, but it all depends on demand, why pay top whack when you have 7 other used Yeti on the forecourt?

Look at what similar models are selling at and add a bit for your 'extras' in the hope you have something someone wants and go from there.

My mum's Touran is a nice car, I can recommend them, with lots of VAG group similarities to the Yeti and lots of practical storage room.

That was a very balanced post for me, I should probably add a complaint about there being enough children in the world already.... But I've just had a calming run, so I won't :x

... I should probably add a complaint about there being enough children in the world already.... But I've just had a calming run, so I won't :x

I'm very relieved that you didn't :peek:

What you know your car is worth and what the dealer will offer you are always worlds apart I am sorry to say.But shop around,my local dealer offered £12000-00 for my car in p/ex for a Yeti, another dealership 25 miles away offered £14000-00,Guess who got my business?.

OK then, I'll give you £50 for her (somebody's got to start the ball rolling).

I'll give £55...

£55 plus a box of Jaffa cakes. Yum.

Not sure what you'll get for it but there's a lot of nice toys on there. Might not have as big an effect on trade in value as it would on desirability in a private sale. Hell, I'll swap my Urban for it ;)

Thanks for all of the advice and opinions.

I'll be buying the ML as we have had three of them before and like them.

I'll try around £22500 I think as that seems to be the price these are advertised for with the odd nav or roof but not both or all of the other bits.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I'll try around £22500 I think as that seems to be the price these are advertised for with the odd nav or roof but not both or all of the other bits.

Despite what you think it's worth, you'll get no where near that.

My thoughts are an upper limit of £16k

• Like 1

The parkers online guide does give over £21000, but a way back I looked at what I would get for mine and despite being good condition, anyone willing to buy gave a few thousand under that figure

Don't know if this link works?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/used/skoda/yeti/hatchback-2009/48129/?yearplate=100

Some would want to give a lot more than that to be rid of their wife!!!

Mine comes with a free weeks supply of bake beans (Heinz if it will finalize the deal :rofl: )

• Like 1

"Despite what you think it's worth, you'll get no where near that.

My thoughts are an upper limit of £16k "

I see that DtD are, again, not listing Skoda, so no guidance from there re. what, practically, it currently sells for new. Broker4cars is listing the car at a little over £22,400 new, on the road.

So, on that basis you wouldn't expect to get £22,500 for a used one with 9k miles on it. However, the options, irrespective of what LG says, make it more desirable, more saleable....and a tad more valuable in cash terms. But not enough to warrant £22,500 it has to be said. I also think that the £16k figure is too low. And, it's certainly the case that it's only worth what someone is prepared to give you. So I would definitely punt it round the dealers a bit. Experience tells me that a few phone calls can literally save you thousands.

Ask Mike at Colbourne's in Guildford, or, of course, Lee at Preston's.

Also, if you want the ML on the basis that you've had them and like them then what more reason do you need to just simply get one ? At least you know what you want....good for you and good luck.

Looked on auto trader one with a few less on the clock extras unknown going for £19,998 . Will also depend on if you are part x or private sale