Official Mk3 VRS Pics and spec

I didn't think the new Vrs was going to be available in race blue,what's the new signature colour so?

There's a couple of VRS only colours I believe. Yellow which we've seen before and a new grey - quite possibly like the one that Rapid concept used.

• Like 1

Nice. Defo the white estate with the wild alloys as shown in the pictures for me. Trying to get a glimpse of the interior, from what i can make out, do the seats look as though the headrests are integrated with the backrests a la Audi RS4 buckets? Nice sporty touch if so.

Statto

• Like 1

It's probably worth waiting for the "VAT free" offers to come, makes a lot of sense at £18,750...

That's assuming it's £22500 which isn't guaranteed, and if it's selling well you'll be waiting a long time for that to start.

Not every Skoda has had the VAT free offer so you may not get it at all.

A lot of people will be happy with the 12% discounts that are available now.

I did know that Skoda would be releasing pics today but thought they may have just been snap shots of parts of the car not the whole thing.

I want the white combi with those wheels, that will do me nicely :happy:

Me too, a TSi DSG but in a restrained colour, steel grey or black magic 'cos I don't want to stand out in the crowd....

Perhaps it's goodbye to Mondy, unless I can find a kind dealer to give me a pile of cash for a low-mileage Superb!

DC

• Like 1

got to say I really like that, if they get a bit of discount sorted out and the deal stacks I could jump ship! any interior pics yet

also, those look like different (bigger) brakes!

Sadly not I feel. I fear the trusty 312mm (pink after 3 months) calipers will be dragged out. Spec the 19" wheels and they'll look like an Austin 7 setup.

Come on Skoda give us a big brake option the 345mm shared by all other VW brands will do

• Like 1

Lots of info flying around today, can anyone confirm if Sat Nav is standard, perhaps Amundsen? I get the impression it's not.

I'd be amazed if it didn't have the Amundsen same as the SE and Elegance.

The wording is a little vague on the press release though.

Sadly not I feel. I fear the trusty 312mm (pink after 3 months) calipers will be dragged out. Spec the 19" wheels and they'll look like an Austin 7 setup.

Come on Skoda give us a big brake option the 345mm shared by all other VW brands will do

However........................judging by this zoomed in shot of the white combi from the press pics it does look like there are different brakes or at lease they are different to the standard setup on my FL vRS. The 312mm brake caliper doesn't have a red strip on the inside of the brake like shown on this pic. They also look bigger than the current brakes given that those wheels on show are the 19'' option wheel. We will have to wait and see......

Skoda-1_zps9f53953e.png

My 13 month old 15000mile red callipers are still as red as when i got it.

Cannot wait to go see what the best price they can do is

My 13 month old 15000mile red callipers are still as red as when i got it.

Cannot wait to go see what the best price they can do is

mine are still red too at 45,000 (when i clean it :( )
  • Like 1

It's probably worth waiting for the "VAT free" offers to come, makes a lot of sense at £18,750...

Lol, you've all been spoilt by the bargain basement prices for the Octy 2.

The cheapest Golf GTI, 3 door TSI, is £25,845.

I know that Meteor Grey has been released on the Fabias (VRS and Monte) so maybe this will be available on the Octy as well it looks like quite a light battleship grey as per the Worthsee Rapid.

Don't know whether it'll suit such a big body though - will wait and see.

Matte white or matte black anyone?

Lol, you've all been spoilt by the bargain basement prices for the Octy 2.

The cheapest Golf GTI, 3 door TSI, is £25,845.

Yes and the last Golf GTI wasn't much less than that...

As it is, the new vRS is cheap compared with the GTI, but expenisve compared with the Mk2.

That's assuming it's £22500 which isn't guaranteed, and if it's selling well you'll be waiting a long time for that to start.

Not every Skoda has had the VAT free offer so you may not get it at all.

A lot of people will be happy with the 12% discounts that are available now.

The last vRS had it, and I've got time to wait :)