Delivery times

Fortunately when mine turns up in a fortnight (better be the right car this time) i've had the day booked out of my diary so no client meetings, lots of time to play :)

I took it out for a good 100 mile blast last night. Having not driven a vRS before (I had an Elegance on test), I'm very impressed. And, for a diesel, it's bloody quick!

• Like 1

I ordered mid-Jan-14 a vRS Tdi Combi + ACC in Metal-Grey & have just got confirmation I am now confirmed for next week (KW11) from an original date of KW13.

So would be 12-weeks from order.

It really does seem like a lottery at the moment...

From another forum about the Metal Grey colour it seems 3 other people who ordered the same have been given the same week so it seems like KW11 is a job lot of dark grey...

• Like 1

Gabbo - could I check when you placed your order? I placed mine in early Jan and I'm wondering if there is any chance of getting in on the Metal Grey run in BW11.

Les.

I've just checked the paperwork & I agreed the order on Friday 17th-Jan-2014 & returned the signed contract on the 20th-Jan-14.

1 week later the dealer showed me the ordering system with my "unconfirmed" date of BW13.

The "confirmed" status for BW11 occured today apparently.

This is the thread I was talking about.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/300095-metal-grey/page-5

I think Mr Grump & Janneschafer were also told BW11 for their Metal Grey (Dark Grey Metallic order).

Fingers crossed for you.. :)

Edited by Gabbo

• 6 months later...

These are the dates for my vRS TDI DSG combi:

2rd of May (w18): Placed the order

8th of September (w37): Build week (Unconfirmed build date

16th of September (w38): Built, ready for transport

1st of October (w40): At dealer

7th of October (w41): Ready for pick up

Australia by the delivery time.

Yup. It seems to take about three months for a car to get here from Europe. It's not just Skoda, back when I was looking at a Clio RS200 (before my wife decided it's too small), Renault quoted me about a month to build, three to ship.

On the plus side, by the time it gets here I'll have paid off a third of it...

I'm in Prague, 40 miles from factory. I got some news today. My dealer called to say my order had progressed to the next stage, and that the car is being built "in the next 6 weeks", with 2 weeks for delivery. This was ordered on the 8th Sept, so potentially an 11 week order delivery, to arrive end of November/ beginning of December. Am I right to control my excitement at this stage, because this can still change/ move back right?

I had readied myself for a mid February arrival, I have no idea what to feel right now  :peek:  

• Like 2

Yup. It seems to take about three months for a car to get here from Europe. It's not just Skoda, back when I was looking at a Clio RS200 (before my wife decided it's too small), Renault quoted me about a month to build, three to ship.

On the plus side, by the time it gets here I'll have paid off a third of it...

Depends where you are, and which way the ship goes. I've heard of people in WA having the ship take 6 weeks. My ship journey is about 7 weeks (to brisbane, via USA and panama canal). 3 months would be worst case. After it docks, around 2 weeks to delivery. So all up mine will be (roughly) 9 weeks from rolling off the build line to rolling into my driveway. Melbourne/sydney seems to have the longest delays - I would suspect Adelaide would get its cars from melb on a transporter, so you would have to wait longer than melb.

Melbourne/sydney seems to have the longest delays - I would suspect Adelaide would get its cars from melb on a transporter, so you would have to wait longer than melb.

That's what the dealer said. If they have a lot of stuff for Adelaide they may stop here, but most likely Melb, then a transporter. He also said their ships frequently come around Africa.

I ordered 7th July 2014 and was finally given a build date last week, which was stated as 8th December with a delivery mid-January 2015 at best (UK!). The dealer rang the other day and said the build date had been brought forward now to November so I should have the car by Christmas. Woot! That's still a long time from order > delivery for a bog standard car imho (Octavia estate 1.4 TSI SE manual in moon white), but it'll be worth it in the end.

As I stated in another thread previously, my dealer advises that Skoda are having issues with Octavia estates and Rapids meaning backlogs and delays. :(

Ha! I ordered the same spec (practically) in may (7th) and will get it roughly the same time. The UK gets treated extremely well in regards to skoda compared to other markets :(

Aussies would dream of a world where we got ordered cars in under 6 months....

I'm still BW42, and next week is BW41 so it should get locked in next week!

The wait is almost over :)

Ours is tentative BW42, so hoping to get locked into that week as well. We ordered the RS Hatch TSI. Looks like they're building RHD cars in that week! 

Edited by techdave
  • Like 1