Aftermarket Tailights

Are hatch and estate lights the same on the Mk2?

They look promising, especially if they are e-marked, and so long as the fog and reversing light set up is compatible with the UK market

Manufacturer of these tailights is a company called "Sonar" - based in Taiwan apparently?

Shame Dectane haven't thrown their hat into the ring yet - they're tried and tested and working fine on my Octavia

• Like 1

Hmm... not sure. As you say, the main "C" bit looks great - just not sure about the led stuff.

Reminds me of the "lexus" lights every man and his Vauxhall Corsa was rocking for about 10 years.

• Like 1

I really like these light but would be a bit wary buying using anything other than pound sterling from a British company. Are there any UK based sellers?

I don't mind the LED look at the back. Gives of a crisper light and light up 'fractionally' quicker. The C looks great and that would be the only thing lit the majority of the time. If it was full time LED I would like them a little less.

Are these the only rear light available for the mk11? I've got the standard smoked front lights on my monte and think smoked at the rear would be an ace upgrade.

I made up my mind - I don't like them either. During the day they look utter crap.

Yep, the last round of photos just nailed the lid on the coffin - much better effect with LED bulb replacements and foilt tinting/spray tinting of the existing units.

Not to mention it's more of a "project" for the tinkerers within us :).

Anyhow, great to have seen it with your excellent as always photograps!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but it looks cheap and tacky. 

Never really like after market light replacements they all look wrong.

Edited by Kevsta

Just reviveing the thread for a short comment : 

I mailed them to see if you can dismantle them and throw some film on the eel, according to them it's not possible.

Definatly the last nail in the coffin!

• Like 1