Aftermarket Tailights

Helllo guys, we have changed the OEM lights for smoked/red LED lights from dealership Skoda Muller (Germany). It looks way better then the original!

The only problem on those lights, they are not CanBuss free ( Error on dashboard ). But its worth it. 

Here are the pictures:

dsc5968.jpg dsc5969.jpg dsc5973.jpg dsc5974.jpg dsc5977.jpg dsc5980.jpg dsc5981.jpg dsc5984.jpg dsc5987.jpg dsc5988.jpg dsc5992.jpg dsc5995.jpg dsc6000.jpg dsc6002.jpg

dsc6002.jpg

Nice job   :thumbup:

They look way better than people thought they'd look   :happy:

Do foglights operate on both sides, and do they have built in reflectors?

• Like 1

Foglight is only on left side, and the reflector is build in. I will upload a video about the lights. 

Shame, I wonder if two would work with some VCDS tweaking  :(

Edit: i found them, answered my own questionhttp://www.skoda-tuning.com/tuningshop/product_info.php?info=p1770_led-lightbar-rueckleuchten.html

Would they become error free if you installed a resistor on the LED wiring?

Anyone know if these are legal in the UK?

Edited by GLENT54321

The LED lights themselves do look good but the dark tinted ones would look better on black or grey cars.

At least the standard rear lights blend in on a red car but the dark ones in the pictures above stand out too much in my opinion.

I'd prefer the standard lights with LED bulbs or the lights above in a red finish, they look too much like the lights teenage boy racers of old used to fit to their Astras and Corsas.

The LED lights themselves do look good but the dark tinted ones would look better on black or grey cars.

At least the standard rear lights blend in on a red car but the dark ones in the pictures above stand out too much in my opinion.

I'd prefer the standard lights with LED bulbs or the lights above in a red finish, they look too much like the lights teenage boy racers of old used to fit to their Astras and Corsas.

Don't agree at all.

These look miles better than the standard ones IMO. Maybe they should have just fitted these to the VRS or any sporty variant as the standard lights look just the same as any pensioners basic Fabia. Just why Skoda aren't using LED technology (like the rest of the VW family) we know is because of the branding.

FFS the Seat Ibiza looks way better from the front or back than the standard Fabia.

Skoda, start thinking about some style as well as substance .....  :think:

• Like 1

I'm not saying don't have LED lights on the back, I'm just not a fan of aftermarket tail lights.

My last car, a Pug 207 had standard LED taillights and they did look good, especially when lit and I agree that Skoda and many other manufacturers can do better with their lighting design, it just starts to look a bit too, Halfords when you start fitting aftermarket stuff.

Audi know how to design LED rear lights, and so do Seat on their FRs which is what I originally was going to get so maybe you're right, it is down to branding.

Anyway, as always, each to their own, some will like them and some like myself won't so spend your money how you like.

How I wish they had followed design cues from the latest models like the Octavia III - I would have been throwing money at the screen.

Looks are subjective but the fact that with £250 you get can-bus errors on the dash is just not good enough.

a974258s-960.jpg

• Like 1

About an error, probably the resistor would solve the problem, maybe i will try it. About the black tint on the taillights, in reality they look better and they are not so dark as on the pictures. If i will finished a video editing today i will post it on youtube. 

About VCDS tweaking, i think also the error would be gone, but i have one problem on Fabia. When we connected on the computer, the functions for detecting bulbs were off and some other stuff to. I havent got possibility for turning on the corner function (my friend has it on his MC the same month of manufacturing and almost the same equipment). And i think its something wrong with this, but never mind, i will survive with an error.  :rofl: 

There's also the problem of the reversing light and fog light are on the wrong side, maybe they do a UK version?

They don't.

I contacted a Polish supplier and he stated that they were only made for the European community  :D

They don't.

I contacted a Polish supplier and he stated that they were only made for the European community  :D

Thats the UK fecked then  :( , shame too as I really like them.

Thats the UK fecked then  :( , shame too as I really like them.

Scotch-loc additional wiring to both the reverse and the foggy, run it through the inner trim panelling, add new bulb holders and unplug the old connectors, connect up the new. You will have a fog and a reverse, as required and still have the original holders if you need to revert back to standard. A good job wont even get noticed as you could tuck away spare connector. It MAY even go through MOT with them back to front but its really quick to swap odd lights for standard!

P.S.   THIS IS AN IDEA ONLY... ANY BOTCH-UPS, CAR FIRES, ARREST AND INCARCERATION/VIOLENT SEXUAL ABUSE FROM THE CONSTABULARY, IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

Edited by mrgf
  • Like 2

Just watched he video in the previous link and the lights look better than I originally thought when lit in daylight but still not sure about the snake curled up inside them when it's dark.

It reminds me when you were a kid and you shone a torch through your hand or in your month and you got that neon red light shining through.

I'll stick to the standard lights and upgrade the bulbs to LEDs I think, it's certainly cheaper than buying new light units.

I think in the video the lights look like some **** cheap lights. But in real life they are much much better in my opinion, they are more similar to the pictures not the video. 

Your solution is cheaper, and maybe some black tint over them. I upgrade it only because i wanted them in Black/LED style, and on the pictures they wasnt so good, but when i saw it in Germany on some Fabia, I was very impressed. 

Thanks for you opinion!

Regards. 

It's maybe just the video but the brake lights don't look bright enough to me.

I'm not sure I like the difference in colour between the brake lights and the third high level light.......could be the video though.

The look of the smoked lens is good though really suits the car.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I think they arent bright enough, because of the strange sun light when i was recording video heh. 

" C " shape is really good looking, but i dont know why they out another bulb in the corner, but you can put it out and it is better. 

Thanks for replies!