Sun Shades

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I've just ordered some shades for my fabia vrs from UV Car shades, aka Van style, aka Palm automotive, aka Privacy shades (its no wonder they've lost the plot with so much going on from different sources)

Anyway, the shades arrived today and guess what? they have sent me the wrong clips!!! in my case the shades do actually fit but I cant fit them due to a couple of clips being the wrong ones....

I phoned them up right away, and after waiting in a queue, I got through to a chap called Chris. I explained the problem that a couple of the clips are the wrong ones so i cant install all the blinds, and basically his response was that its now discontinued for my car and fobbed me off saying he'd send me a picture showing how to fit the clips i have received.

He sent me the picture which was no help at all, as clearly they are the wrong orientation for my application. So, i phoned them back up and spoke to somebody different (after waiting 7 min in queue) and explained the problem again, and the response i got this time was "i'll look into it, and get the clips in the post to you"

I've got a feeling (after reading the experiences on this thread) that I won't see the clips at all, or it'll take a month for them to arrive. My suspicion is they won't arrive at all and i'll have to chase them up again and again.

Its not looking good at the moment.

I'm still astounded. I've got these blinds in my current car, numerous people from work, and friends have got the blinds for various cars on my recommendation, and all been completely happy.

I don't understand how all of a sudden they've become such a bunch of cowboys :(

I really want some of these for my forthcoming car, but all these horror stories have put me off :(

I'm still astounded. I've got these blinds in my current car, numerous people from work, and friends have got the blinds for various cars on my recommendation, and all been completely happy.

I don't understand how all of a sudden they've become such a bunch of cowboys :(

I really want some of these for my forthcoming car, but all these horror stories have put me off :(

I suppose there wouldn't be a problem if they sorted out their after sales support in a timely fashion. If i get the clips sent through then I'll be a happy customer, as their product is good quality and costs less than windesa sonniboy blinds.

Hi

I've just ordered some shades for my fabia vrs from UV Car shades, aka Van style, aka Palm automotive, aka Privacy shades (its no wonder they've lost the plot with so much going on from different sources)

Anyway, the shades arrived today and guess what? they have sent me the wrong clips!!! in my case the shades do actually fit but I cant fit them due to a couple of clips being the wrong ones....

I phoned them up right away, and after waiting in a queue, I got through to a chap called Chris. I explained the problem that a couple of the clips are the wrong ones so i cant install all the blinds, and basically his response was that its now discontinued for my car and fobbed me off saying he'd send me a picture showing how to fit the clips i have received.

He sent me the picture which was no help at all, as clearly they are the wrong orientation for my application. So, i phoned them back up and spoke to somebody different (after waiting 7 min in queue) and explained the problem again, and the response i got this time was "i'll look into it, and get the clips in the post to you"

I've got a feeling (after reading the experiences on this thread) that I won't see the clips at all, or it'll take a month for them to arrive. My suspicion is they won't arrive at all and i'll have to chase them up again and again.

Its not looking good at the moment.

Update:

They have sent me the right clips through the post, so my issue is now resolved and I'm a happy customer. I must say that they dispatched the blinds quickly, and was pleasant to speak to on the phone. Also quick turnaround on replacing the clips, so i was worrying for nothing. Maybe you just need to pester them to speed things up.

Peace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys, summer is coming, and I want to lift this thread again. :) Personally we're having our 6 month old baby girl onboard, and I defineatly need to figure out some sun coverage for the little one in the rear facing baby chair.

From what has been posted throughout this thread, I am wondering what people recommend and consider now after som use and purchase. Mainly getting these for the little lady in the back seat, to what extent would you recommend having shades? Some have 5 piece kits, others only for the doors... From what I discover, it seems side window sun is the critical one.

It seems there are five main providers in this thread: Superskoda, Van style (aka Palm), x-shades, sonniboy and privacy shades. NB: latter doesn't list the Octy 3 estate in their product list.

a. How "secure" are the clips or magnets used to fix the relevant shades, can they come loose (choking hazard) ?

b. What price are the different kits typically running (not all are easy to find pricing online) ?

c. Given a full 5 piece kit, is it the one from Superskoda a rebrand/unmentioned brand of one of the other manufacturers?

Personally I like more stealthy installations, and atleast the privacy shade photos gives me such an impression with their clips. Then again, product purchasing availability seems a bit poor from the Swedish dealer, routing back to main page of manufacturer. :thumbdown:  What about the others? The X-shades runs rather small magnets from what I can see, and sonniboy seems a obvious - mind, I live in Norway and would run most of the year without the shades in place.

I'm so happy with my X-Shades. Too bad that they aren't produced anymore. And the magnets mounting fits the shades perfectly. Until now they are perfect.

Do they fit only by "loose" magnets sat randomly around at door metal?

• 4 weeks later...

Me too,my friend had no problem when he ordered and received his.However.....I'm veering towards tints right now having travelled in the back of his car long distance the other day and finding my eyes got very tired,in the same hypnotic way that some drivers experience, who have heated front windscreens.I don't get travel sickness ever,but I did that day.The u.v screens also made the car feel a bit claustrophobic,very like prison bars.

Edited by faradaycage

I had sunshades fitted to my fl mk2 vrs. Dealer fitted them and I had no problems. Handy for kids in the back when window was down shade stayed up and helped with that blustery sound you get when rear windows are down. My father also got them fitted recently. Dealer down a great deal.

I've just recently purchased the 'Octavia III Combi - 5pcs set of sun/privacy/bug shades' from superskoda.com but realized that in my haste I've ordered the wrong ones, I just got a hatchback not an estate!

The company will take them back but I just wondered if anyone wanted to buy them and save me the cost of shipping them back to CZECH REPUBLIC.

I paid approx £71.21 + £7.12 shipping, if you're interested you can have them for £70 with FREE shipping.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-Combi-5pcs-set-of-sun-privacy-bug-shades

Regards

Simon

I've just recently purchased the 'Octavia III Combi - 5pcs set of sun/privacy/bug shades' from superskoda.com but realized that in my haste I've ordered the wrong ones, I just got a hatchback not an estate!

The company will take them back but I just wondered if anyone wanted to buy them and save me the cost of shipping them back to CZECH REPUBLIC.

I paid approx £71.21 + £7.12 shipping, if you're interested you can have them for £70 with FREE shipping.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-Combi-5pcs-set-of-sun-privacy-bug-shades

Regards

Simon

You have PM...

or not (as you're a new user).

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add my last experience to it all...

Found out good old Milotec was selling the Sonniboy kits for the "Combi", or stationwagon in plain english (I regard combi as the "limo" in German).

Asked them and was confirmed withdrawal of Mwst (VAT) for sending to Norway, and all good - but it seemed like a non-Paypal or credit card automated webshop.

So, I ditched that and bought my Sonniboy kit of ebay at a seller named "Windesa_gmbh", as price was slightly higher (+€16), but freight was quoted lower (-€10).

Paypal in order and all that jazz. Now REALLY looking forward to having my daughter observing the world in the back seat without much hazzle. :)

Has anyone got the sun shades from Superskoda? I'm keen but need to know the fit before I get them shipped to Australia...

I've got them the fit is really good clips under the rubbers in doors and sticky pads for side and top edge of rear (which I still need to fit ) there only there to stop sag as once its in past the trim it ain't going anywhere. I'll try to sort some pics over the eeekend

• 2 weeks later...

I've got them the fit is really good clips under the rubbers in doors and sticky pads for side and top edge of rear (which I still need to fit ) there only there to stop sag as once its in past the trim it ain't going anywhere. I'll try to sort some pics over the eeekend

Have you by any chance got any oics of how to fit the clips ?

My superskoda ones arrived today and I cant for the life of me figure out how the clips work amd why goes where

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If you mean the metal clips they go under the window rubbers for the door blinds just pull them towards the glass hook the are nd the frame and let the rubber go back. Then put the blind eye n place and move the clip over it to clamp it to the rubber the stick ones just push on I've used 3 on each side window 2 on the front and then be on the rear slope. The rear window does push into place eventually its a tight fit ive still not had chance to stick it down to the top and of the screen yet. If you still need pics I'll try to take some tomorrow afternoon