Side decals

MarieK

Had a good look at them taped onto the car but I don't know if I'll like the end product so I think I'll leave it.

Might just get some clear film and put that on instead  :wonder:

Ok, an artists impression of how this could look on my car, I've made the design lighter in shade so that its more subtle.

I think the solid black ones that I have are too overwhelming so doubt I'll be using them. 

I also think that it may be a good idea to have a clear border above and below so that it 'invisibly' protects the entire area if that makes sense.

9321717096_b4d5bb3fdf_b.jpg

• Like 2

Glad you got back OK, that looks good to me.

+1 Less severe than solid black. Subtle. Tasteful.

• Like 2

I'm trying to source a designer now in the UK. I've posted in the styling section asking for info.

I think with a small extension of clear vinyl above and below the graphic they could protect the entire area below the strip.

I'd go for a set as I've noticed a lot of "gravel rash" on all areas below the black plastic door trim, both on the paint and the plastic black trim.

New front mud flaps seem to be next on the agenda.

• Like 1

I think the more subtle shade could work on any of the yeti colours.

It can be changed to have a hint of blue, brown etc as appropriate.

I'll get accurate measurements from my car then see if I can take this a step closer to production.

With transparent border for extended paintwork protection (grey border would be transparent)

9334565840_934693f76c_b.jpg

• Like 1

Just out interest Marie, I have sourced the Official "Skoda Yeti decorated foils for Side Doors". They are 5L0071733C for the dark ones and 5L0071733A for the light ones.I wonder if you can order these through a Skoda main Dealer, as the codes are on the Skoda EU accessory site, and one wonders what sort of price you will pay for them

Tony

I think the more subtle shade could work on any of the yeti colours.

It can be changed to have a hint of blue, brown etc as appropriate.

I'll get accurate measurements from my car then see if I can take this a step closer to production.

With transparent border for extended paintwork protection (grey border would be transparent)

9334565840_934693f76c_b.jpg

If I may suggest, something bothers me on how the decal ends towards the rear wheel arch (right side of this one). I would like to see it extending just up to an imaginary offset arch following the wheel arch and the end of the plastic trim. I think a straight line will do: (here's a rough 'sketch")

Furthermore, I would suggest using the original font of the "Yeti" badge on the rear hatch (didn't bother "sketching' that). I trust your PS skills !

C38EBF9791BB4B558EE651E124882CF7.jpg

Just out interest Marie, I have sourced the Official "Skoda Yeti decorated foils for Side Doors". They are 5L0071733C for the dark ones and 5L0071733A for the light ones.I wonder if you can order these through a Skoda main Dealer, as the codes are on the Skoda EU accessory site, and one wonders what sort of price you will pay for them

Tony

I already tried buying them from skoda eu but they wont let me. Price is around £87.

If I may suggest, something bothers me on how the decal ends towards the rear wheel arch (right side of this one). I would like to see it extending just up to an imaginary offset arch following the wheel arch and the end of the plastic trim. I think a straight line will do: (here's a rough 'sketch")

Furthermore, I would suggest using the original font of the "Yeti" badge on the rear hatch (didn't bother "sketching' that). I trust your PS skills !

C38EBF9791BB4B558EE651E124882CF7.jpg

I did the very same thing yesterday, straighter cut and looked at it photoshop. I haven't ruled it out as a possibility for final design. I don't have the exact yeti font I'm afraid.

When I get the rear door protection foils applied to mine, I'll let you know how far forward they come......

Liking the idea of the clear zones, as that would also make fitting a tad easier - perhaps. As you could line up the decal with the lower edge of the door(s) and work along, keeping the lower edge aligned as you went

Just take a snapshot of the badge. You know what to do with it in PS...

Yes but to get it made up by a designer it would be better to have a specific font type.

When I get the rear door protection foils applied to mine, I'll let you know how far forward they come......

Liking the idea of the clear zones, as that would also make fitting a tad easier - perhaps. As you could line up the decal with the lower edge of the door(s) and work along, keeping the lower edge aligned as you went

I have the rear door foils on mine. I'm trying to finalise where the design should start etc and how much transparent edge would be needed, I suppose this bit could be trimmed to suit.

Tony

I already tried buying them from skoda eu but they wont let me. Price is around £87.

Further to the above, I've done another search and Skodadop.com (russian?) will allow me to purchase them (£93 delivered)

I think the codes are the other way around though for light and dark Tony.

I'm tempted just to go for this  :wonder:

Here you go MarieK !

Just couldn't resist switching from a boring project to this little challenge.

Drawn with CAD software, so if you can import to PS a DWG file (or have access to a CAD software) and want further fine tune it, I can email you the file.

Note the decal is not horizontal as the Yeti leans forward - "Yeti" label is horizontal. Drawn using the dimension's picture side view of the car from Skoda site, as background.

4D368E84AC164245A45BB960DCA527FF.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent Marie i look dorward to hearing how you get on with them. To be honeat inthink the skoda ones will probably be the best solution for what you are after.

I too have been in touch which skodadop and they have been most helpful and very fast on their email replies. Very impressive.

I will be ordering a few things once my yeti arrives.

• Like 1