Yeti collection road trip

MarieK

Warmish, Mr Brijo !

You must be above the snow line, up that hill. :)

Down here in the chiltern valleys it's been somewhat hotter at 34'c

A few glasses of wine soon sorted it out though.

I went shopping in Derby today, and then decided to drive back via Rainworth so I'll know where I'm going tomorrow.

I had a wee sneaky look around the dealership but couldn't see my monster, he must be indoors resting and hiding from the sun.

Tomorrow is D-day  :dance:

• Like 2

Did you check in the compound round the back. Mine was parked on the RHS of the showroom. I'm only 5 miles away but I suspect you will arrive via the A617 not the A60 or A614 that are nearer to me.

I have been pleased with their service.

I've just been putting the postcodes into the satnav in my juke and following that, gone are the days of memorising routes and/or printing maps and directions.

I do have a quick look on google maps before I leave incase I don't agree with the satnav route  :giggle:

I've opted for the columbus so will have satnav again. Not that I'll use it terribly much on Skye but its handy when travelling.

Hope you have a smooth handover tomorrow (or today depending on when you read this ), and enjoy your new snow white monster.

Don't wear it out in the first day :giggle:  

• Like 1

Sun indeed. Enjoy it.

Small tip: when you park the beastie in this heat, leave the sunroof on tilt (the ring that you turn to open it has a little lip facing you when the roof is shut, just lift that ring up). This way all the heat will escape out the top and the car will be a lot cooler when you come back.

Enjoy day one!

• Like 1

It's D Day!!

I hope Delivery goes according to plan Marie.

Have a great time getting to know your new friend :)

• Like 1

25?  my thermometer is reading 29 in the shade here,   and just finished cutting and splitting a trailer load of logs :whew: ,  time for a few ice cold rum and cokes now.

Just been told we are out for a curry tonight :whew:  :whew:  :rofl:  

Glad i'm not the only lunatic over the w/e. :rock:

I split a load of logs and then decided to trim the hedge.

I had to head to the coast and throw myself in the ocean....

• Like 1

This is soooo exciting! Almost at Apollo 13 levels of intensity as the world waits and watches. The approaching royal birth won't come close for excitement and the sound of fingernails being gnawed across the UK and beyond. Have you cut an exclusive deal with Hello magazine yet (or its equivalent on Skye) MarieK? And please report on the performance of the12-speaker soundsystem once you have tried it out...

Enjoy the day, it's going to be a good one.

• Like 4

Sun indeed. Enjoy it.

Small tip: when you park the beastie in this heat, leave the sunroof on tilt (the ring that you turn to open it has a little lip facing you when the roof is shut, just lift that ring up). This way all the heat will escape out the top and the car will be a lot cooler when you come back.

Enjoy day one!

All the heat?

Some yes........

Cooler than mine yes,

Exaggeration is the name of the game....

:lol:

• Like 1

All the heat?

Some yes........

Cooler than mine yes,

Exaggeration is the name of the game....

:lol:

Since you don't have a sunroof Mike, you can't really comment can you?!   :giggle:  But yes of course I should have written "MOST of the heat..." and not "all".   :rofl:

Believe me the difference is like night and day when you have it on tilt or not, when it is sunny and over 30 degrees outside.  

Some studies (albeit American and with leaving windows slightly open):

http://www.redrover.org/mydogiscool/how-hot-do-cars-get

http://www.injuryprevention.org/states/la/hotcars/hotcars.htm

I would NOT advise people to leave windows open since the glass is much, much easier to break then, as there is flex.  When a car door glass is supported on all four sides they are surprisingly strong - but leave them slightly ajar and they break like nothing.  Sunroof is the only thing I'd leave open and on tilt.  Windows are also not at the highest point in the car where the heat is gathering so they don't let as much hot air out as a sunroof.