What do you use the tray thingy for?

Will take delivery of our Otavia II estate this week. There is a tray in the parcel-shelf position under a flap in the tonneau cover. I have seen mention of people using it for umbrellas which seems like a good idea. Was wondering though what else people have fount it useful for? Wondered if perhaps there is some really neat application that those with experience have sorted over the years.

By-the-way; only posted my first post yesterday and as we do not even have the car yet I am still dealing with naive stupid stuff hence profuse apologies for that.

Welcome to Briskoda and I'm sure you will be pleased with your new acquisition, but can't help with your query as I have a hatch.

Mac

I just picked up a brand spanking new Scout on Friday and have just found the tray thanks to your post!! Keep finding new things on the car!!

Any pictures of said shelf?

Asking because my 2012 Elegance Estate has a flap, but no shelf underneath. 

Courtesy of e-bay-

mzDbWy4Mr1T5zglybUWvlgw.jpg

While I was looking, you can buy the tray by itself off e-bay-

1_m.jpg

mines out and wasting space at the back of my garage.

Why would you take it out, I don't think removing it creates any extra space?

Unless you've taken out the whole retracting boot cover?

Mine is empty although I have tried to put a golf umbrella in there which would seem handy but the ones I have are too long so I assumed it was meant to be for something else.

John

Why would you take it out, I don't think removing it creates any extra space?

Unless you've taken out the whole retracting boot cover?

Because i cannot use it as the dog guard i have fitted prevents the flap from opening, it also is just something extra to remove on the occasions i remove the load cover all together.

Umbrella in ours, but tricky opening/closing with the dog guard in place - had to trim a bit with a stanley knife for it to work at all.

Mike - I think ed209 is referring to the lid/cover on the tray, and not the roller.

Once carried a role of gift wrap paper in mine. That's its only use in over three years.

Removing it creates a bit more height in the boot. Travelled without it recently as not having it in place was the difference between getting some stuff in or having a major packing re-think!

Sarge.