Sold my Octavia vrs, feeling very happy.

Sold my vrs today, can't tell you how happy I am it's now gone, hated it from day 1, wish I never bought it. Gave it 5 months but couldn't take anymore. In the 20 plus cars I've had it's by far the worst, nothing wrong with it mechanically just hated it.

Here's what has made me sad for the last 5 months.

Can't wait to get back into an Audi again.

DSCF3407_zpsff06ad51.jpg

Can't put my finger on it, strange I know. Every time I got into it and drove it I just felt depressed lol.

I don't mean to cause offence to anyone on the forum who loves there vrs btw.

TBH there are cars that make you feel like depression has hit and cars that don't. I had the Vauxhall Vectra C SRI for 4 years.....in the first 1 months i thought i had a nice car....but after a year i hated the dam thing...so much so that i started hating driving....being someone who has traveled alot over 7 years of driving with my average mileage yearly being 20,000 to 35,000....even when my mileage dropped i hated being in it and hated just the thought of driving it.....but i actually could never put my finger on it at all.....wanted to get rid of it but divorce and bla bla bla made finances terrible.....so stuck with it....eventually got rid of it and got the passion for driving back with the skoda....though it will still never beat my mondeo lx....basic but such a good car.....In the end you will buy the car you like and enjoy the road again...

• Like 1

Its pretty much an Audi anyway but without the rings, just lift the bonnet and look at the parts up closely and you'll find the rings or VW badge that make up the car. I'd say it's more brand snobbery than an issue with the car but hey ho each to their own. Why come on here slagging off a brand and model we all love when you have no real reason or justification for doing so, what was your point?

Audis are in a different league even though the skoda is basically German. It's not badge snobbery as I've now owned both. The build quality is second to none in an Audi. Like I said I don't want to offend anyone it's just my thoughts towards the skoda I owned.

I've now got my stop gap car, a 53 laguna diesel for £800 and I already feel happy to smoke that around for a while.

Everyone has been great on the forum in my short stay. There's always help and great advise which I appreciated.

• Like 3

I've owned my 2008 vrs diesel since new, I like my car but I certainly don't love it. My reason for buying my car was i Needed a big boot and space for kids that's it really. Don't worry about offending people, as you said there was nothing you could put your finger on.

I've owned my 2008 vrs diesel since new, I like my car but I certainly don't love it. My reason for buying my car was i Needed a big boot and space for kids that's it really. Don't worry about offending people, as you said there was nothing you could put your finger on.

Cant agree more with this comment.....in the end you like some cars and you hate others....As with being offended....im not even closed to being offended and i love Audi's also....

About five years ago we had an Audi A3 courtesy car for just over a week, and I could not wait to hand it back, because it was IMO an awful car. It was the 6 speed 1.6FSi model, very dark and gloomy inside, was jittery/noisy over bad road surfaces and required constant gear changing even on motorways.

Our current Octavia (which is actually older than the courtesy car), is IMO a much nicer car. The cabin is light and comfortable, and the car just goes about its business without any fuss.

But there you go - each to their own.

Yeah I see your point, I've never loved mine and I crave my six cylinder BMW back but the Octavia suits my needs to a tee.

I've managed over 3 years ownership the longest ever for me other than my 205 GTi. In that 3 years though if I hadn't become a dad etc. the VRS would of gone.

They do so much so well but don't have a specific thing that can make you love the car you're driving.

Engine, powerful but soulless. Chassis, safe but that's about it. Comfort, ok but noisy. Space, great but 95% of the time I carry nothing in the boot. Style, looks good for a hatch/saloon but nothing special. Gadgets, brilliant (mine has most) but I just end up using the radio!

I can still see me keeping it another 2 years though!

• Like 1

About five years ago we had an Audi A3 courtesy car for just over a week, and I could not wait to hand it back, because it was IMO an awful car. It was the 6 speed 1.6FSi model, very dark and gloomy inside, was jittery/noisy over bad road surfaces and required constant gear changing even on motorways.

Our current Octavia (which is actually older than the courtesy car), is IMO a much nicer car. The cabin is light and comfortable, and the car just goes about its business without any fuss.

But there you go - each to their own.

The 1.6 FSi engine wasnt v good, had a Golf MK5 with this engine briefly having shortly beforehand a MK5 Golf GTi and they were so different it wasnt even funny.

Only redeeming feature was its 6 speed box so it wasnt too buzzy on the motorway, had to change gear in it loads though just to keep it moving.

TBH there are cars that make you feel like depression has hit and cars that don't. I had the Vauxhall Vectra C SRI for 4 years.....in the first 1 months i thought i had a nice car....but after a year i hated the dam thing...so much so that i started hating driving....being someone who has traveled alot over 7 years of driving with my average mileage yearly being 20,000 to 35,000....even when my mileage dropped i hated being in it and hated just the thought of driving it.....but i actually could never put my finger on it at all.....wanted to get rid of it but divorce and bla bla bla made finances terrible.....so stuck with it....eventually got rid of it and got the passion for driving back with the skoda....though it will still never beat my mondeo lx....basic but such a good car.....In the end you will buy the car you like and enjoy the road again...

The car which we sold before buying the Octavia, is consistently rated very highly by the motoring press, the Mazda 3.

We had a 58 plate 1.6 petrol Mazda 3, and I can honestly say that it is one of the worst cars I have ever had. It was bought from a main dealer with low miles - 29K - and looked really smart, until you had it for a week and looked closer. The paintwork was awful, fuel economy dire, handling very nervous, clutch and gearbox not very smooth, very hard, thin steering wheel, alloy wheels starting to corrode badly, various warning lights coming on for no reason, and the worst thing - an engine which vibrated at 3500RPM at 70MPH.

Funny that you should mention Mondeos though, because we have a 2000 Mk2 Verona 1.8 as a second car (purchased from auction in 2005 for £2350) which has 130K miles on it, and is one of the smoothest/quitest cars I have ever had.

• Like 1

I had a Renault Clio I loathed. Cheap to run, comfortable enough, performance was fine but I fooking hated the little thing.

It was 4yr before I could shift it on.

Nothing worse than a car you hate.

Was your vRS standard? Pretty dull car when oem.

I did pretty much everything to mine and I can see what the OP means - its a souless car. Really functional and 'useful' for day to day life but just inert, uninvolving and seemed to be a chore to drive rather than pleasurable. Its probably the only car Ive ever been happy to move on from also thinking about it!