Problems/Faults

A couple of times I have had the display unit come on but does not show the mpg/trip details even the long term and since refuelling figures are blank - the display is there but just the figures are missing, happened again this morning. Strangely if the car is then parked and the engine off for a few minutes on restart everything is back to normal. Weird.

I had a buzzy rattle like this on my last Octavia.  Convinced it was coming from the passenger side and shuffled stuff about in the glovebox to no avail.  Then SWMBO drove in the car.  "Its coming from that corner there"  ponting at the drivers A pillar.

It was the ticket clip that was a fraction of a millimetre away from the windscreen and vibrating and buzzing against the windscreen.

Dealer fitted a new clip while I waited.  Fine for about 6 months then I caught it while cleaning the windscreen and it started again.

To cut a long story short I just put a small thick rubber band around it - problem solved.

Slot a piece of card behind and see if it cures the problem.

Thanks for the heads up on this, i'll give it a try and see how I get on.

Hi johnb07, I have exactly the same problem, I thought the vibration is coming from under the passenger seat or the passenger door bin area. Have you resolved this issues yet?

I haven't resolved this as yet, i've been meaning to visit the dealership for a couple of weeks now but just haven't had the time. In my opinion though it seems as if it's getting worse so i'm now keen to get it resolved ASAP. Will update with any findings.

I haven't resolved this as yet, i've been meaning to visit the dealership for a couple of weeks now but just haven't had the time. In my opinion though it seems as if it's getting worse so i'm now keen to get it resolved ASAP. Will update with any findings.

My rattles from the passenger door bin, delaer can't find the fault but agrees there is a rattle; drives me mad

Let me try and understand this, There have been a couple of posts saying about the doors holding water like the mk2 does. So is the water going inside the car into the carpets and sound insulation. Please tell me skoda have not made a huge f*** up like they did with the mk2 octy.

My rattles from the passenger door bin, delaer can't find the fault but agrees there is a rattle; drives me mad

That's three people with the same issue, vibration around the passenger door/dash area. It comes and goes which is the strange part, mostly occurs at low speeds over more uneven surfaces but it has happened at high speeds on the motorway. I will try and get back to my dealer to see if this is a known issue.

Let me try and understand this, There have been a couple of posts saying about the doors holding water like the mk2 does. So is the water going inside the car into the carpets and sound insulation. Please tell me skoda have not made a huge f*** up like they did with the mk2 octy.

As far as I can see it is held at the bottom of the door, however I did think "what if it builds up further". The dealer is aware and looking daily on the Skoda issues log for solutions, etc.

thats very interesting as I didnt think about the return. it would be lost on a bmw/audi driver! theyll never get to change lanes! ;)

Isn't that a very positive thing? But then they never do change lanes, just flash their lights to warn lesser mortals to get out of the way

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few rattles too...1 of which I've resolved, 1 I know where it's at and am trying to cure it but it's difficult, the other only seems to happen after I start the car and seems to disappear after a few hundred yards.

The one on the passenger side that you're referring to - check out the glove compartment, mine was rattling a bit and I put two bits of foam in the two holes where the rubber stoppers go and it cured the rattle there...I thought it was in the passenger door but traced it to the glove compartment

The other rattle is coming from the box under the light switch on the driver's side.  It's as if it's just not a solid connection, if I slightly touch the top left of the plastic when this hatch is shut it stops the rattle - difficult trying to get some foam in there to make a more solid connection, but working on it.

The final one is more tricky...it's coming from the rear....and it goes off after a short while....I think it's either:

-  one of the rear seatbelts vibrating on the plastic

-  the centre pull down in the middle of the back seat

-  the parcel shelf.

Driving me mad this one....it's just a virbration rattle but difficult to pin point - if people are in the car I can't hear it but I can if in on my own, suggesting the weight is stopping the vibration....aargh.

I was rather hoping that the new Octy 3 would be rattle free - will only find out when it's delivered.It has taken me with the help of member's suggestions almost a year to sort out those niggling rattles on my Octy 2.

Better keep the fibre washers & foam ready just in case.

I was testdriving a Octavia III combi at a dealer the other week. It probably was a very early production car or possibly a pre-production status car since the dealer has had the car since around April-May.

However, when testing it I noticed a VERY low quality sound when closing the drivers door. I did it several times and got the same results. It sounded like the door panel "wobbeled" for a few seconds after the door was shut close.

It did certainly not sound like a car as expensive as the Octavia is.

Hopefully this was a one off kind of production fault. Because if my own octavia which is planned to be built week 38 has that noise I will definitely not accept the car.

Have anyone else noticed a similar kind of sound when closing the front door?

My view is the door cards are a big weak spot on the Octy III, hard plastics = rattles but from the outside I still get the VAG thud!

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_271 using Tapatalk

Faults found so far.

1. Gap on the back doors simular to http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/276437-b-pillar-gap-common-problem/?hl=+window.

2. Front right door hard to open. Needs an extra pull.

3. Window wash for rear window leaks when not used, and when used the washer fluid flows out like the Niagra Falls.

4. Scratches on the black fields between the side windows. (only visible in direct sunlight).

5. Rear mirror possitions is not saved correctly to key, and always resets to the lowest possible possition every time I unlock the car.

6. Can't reach the car settings / phone etc without turning on the radio. (Bolero)

My view is the door cards are a big weak spot on the Octy III, hard plastics = rattles but from the outside I still get the VAG thud!

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_271 using Tapatalk

I second this. If they'd have carpeted the inner edge along with the rest of it, instead of leaving it bare I think this wouldn't be a problem at all. 

Faults found so far.

6. Can't reach the car settings / phone etc without turning on the radio. (Bolero)

I would say that is not a fault, that is how it works! I have the same, my gf with her brand new GTI has the same. Unless there is something wrong on three totally different cars (well, with the Bolera in common ofc!)  No, I claim it the way it's set up, for one reason or another, and it's not THAT difficult to press the button on the Bolero first... ;-)

I would say that is not a fault, that is how it works! I have the same, my gf with her brand new GTI has the same. Unless there is something wrong on three totally different cars (well, with the Bolera in common ofc!)  No, I claim it the way it's set up, for one reason or another, and it's not THAT difficult to press the button on the Bolero first... ;-)

Just cause it's as designed doesn't mean it's not a fault. I think they've failed and need to update the software.

Adding a seventh fault. The setting to turn of the display after 10s is reset every time I restart my car, which means the screen stays on all the time even though I don't want it to.

Just cause it's as designed doesn't mean it's not a fault. I think they've failed and need to update the software.

Adding a seventh fault. The setting to turn of the display after 10s is reset every time I restart my car, which means the screen stays on all the time even though I don't want it to.

To me a "fault" is something that is not functioning as it is supposed to. With your definition, I can mention about 100 "faults" since everything is not constructed the way I would have liked it to work!

Where is the button to press which gives me a hot cup of coffee? No, not installed!! Aha Skoda has introduced a fault!

Let's be fair... ;-)

• Like 2

To me a "fault" is something that is not functioning as it is supposed to. With your definition, I can mention about 100 "faults" since everything is not constructed the way I would have liked it to work!

Where is the button to press which gives me a hot cup of coffee? No, not installed!! Aha Skoda has introduced a fault!

Let's be fair... ;-)

So you can't see the difference between a feature you want that isn't implemented at all, and a feature that is implemented but doesn't work intuitively?

What if my kid sleeps in the back and I want to check the car settings? Right now I'd have to turn on the radio, risking my kid waking up. It's just plain stupid.

There is definately a difference between a 'feature' and a fault.

I have an issue with the postcode lookup as when you press the postcode button it starts off with numbers, but NO postcodes in the UK start with numbers they always start with letters. So, WHY the extra keypress.

I do however have a fault which is with low acceleration and now with de-celeration I have a whiring noise. THAT is a fault.

took it to the dealer yesterday and the mechanic could hear it, but said its one of those where they will need two people on it, and I will need a courtesy car. They hope it is just a loose pipe.

back in a couple of weeks.