Problems/Faults

I've also got the front doors holding water after rain or washing, has anyone had this sorted yet, what was the fix? Going to leave mine until the first service at 10k which will be due early November. Build quality definitely not as solid as the Superb II, shame, I hate rattles!

Make sure that the drain holes on the bottom edge of the door are clear.

It's not a fault though, the mkII does the same. The water just runs out when you open the door or drive off. It's a none issue.

Cheers, but SWMBO's MkII does not do it, I still think it's a fault, going to see what the dealer says when it goes in for service, can't be good in the long term, my drive is on a slope so seems to make the problem worse!

Hello to everyone,

I have a slight question on acustic discomfort in my octavia iii elegance... Does anyone feel every hole on the road, every tiniest bump like sitting in a church bell... Like being in the speaker without sound insulation... A sound much like hiting the empy wooden or metal box? Its very anoinig, im thinking going to the car sound guys to recover the boot with something... I will go crazy. Went to the dealer... They dont hear nothing...help

Certainly nothing like that on my Octy 3 Elegance.

Not being funny but if you have a spare wheel is it fastened down tight. If it bounces about in the wheel well it might give a sound like that.

Hello to everyone,

I have a slight question on acustic discomfort in my octavia iii elegance... Does anyone feel every hole on the road, every tiniest bump like sitting in a church bell... Like being in the speaker without sound insulation... A sound much like hiting the empy wooden or metal box? Its very anoinig, im thinking going to the car sound guys to recover the boot with something... I will go crazy. Went to the dealer... They dont hear nothing...help

Not on tiny bumps but on speed humps I sometimes get noise from the rear suspension, which I assume is a consequence of the torsion beam set up. Mine also running on 18" alloys so assume this amplifies the problem hence I expected a slightly harder ride, especially compared to SWMBOs Mk II which is on 16" alloys and with the independent rear susp is much more settled over the bumps. My old Superb II used to vibrate through the seat on motorway which I was convinced was due to being rear ended at 3,000 miles but nothing showed up on the wheel alignment tests so I ended up living with it for 85,000 miles! New tyres used to help but not for long! Octy III feels much more stable on motorway and feels ok when you throw it at a bend, I will be asking for a test drive in a vRS when mine goes in for a service so I can compare the difference with independent rear suspension, but on the whole, I don't think mine is faulty, just different to how the old model handles. Has anyone driven a Golf VII with the torsion beam to compare?

I did fasten the tyre, and the kit, i emptied the trunk completely, i removed the trunk cover, and it still sound like i have a drum in the boot... When i hit boot floor or sides with hand its outringing, like there isnt sound insulation... Maybe i didnt get a few parts :)

I did fasten the tyre, and the kit, i emptied the trunk completely, i removed the trunk cover, and it still sound like i have a drum in the boot... When i hit boot floor or sides with hand its outringing, like there isnt sound insulation... Maybe i didnt get a few parts :)

exhaust hits body maybe? Go on get under it and get dirty, never go under modern cars like the old uns.

I had an "Oil Sensor Warning - Workshop" message yesterday.  A quick trip to the dealers, they cleared down the errors on the computer and all was fine.  

Also, a minor rattle in the back of the car was located and fixed by me slotting a piece of card behind some trim.  I hate rattles!

I had an "Oil Sensor Warning - Workshop" message yesterday.  A quick trip to the dealers, they cleared down the errors on the computer and all was fine.  

does make me laugh a little when dealers tell me they have 'cleared the errors' on the computer. I've had several on my Mondeo, and they just say, 'yeah, we've cleared the error message'. But they've not done anything to fix whatever it was that caused the message in the first place.

• Like 1

Hello to everyone,

Freetrack, hi!

I have been dissatisfied with the aspect of the new Octavia you are talking about.

Btw...Im also form Croatia :happy:

I ride on factory sports suspension and 18inch Golus, and find the ride very harsh, many people here disagree.

I also find the car acoustics not helping the problem since the car has a very strange resonance when hitting pottholes 

and road imperfections....so I am bothered with both hits I feel through my spine and low frequency thud that resonates through the cabin.

On my setup I fell like I can sketch the road i ride on with my eyes closed, I feel every imperfection in my bottom, even the ones not visable to human eye:)

My mechanic thought I was crazy, than took a ride with me for half an hour.........epilogue is me purchasing KW Street comfort coilovers to try to remedy the situation

I ll see how that goes......but regarding acoustics I dont know what can be done, maybe some dampening insulation, they messed up with the insulation of the boot and

under the back seat, thats why you can hear the fuel int the tank when you fillup full.

• Like 1

Torsion bars will be loud as the beam resonates every pothole and empty boot cavities amplifies the effect. They had excellent suspension system for the past several models, shame they took step back to eighties with O3. Handling on non vRS's is worse because of it, acoustics are worse because of it and it only saved them about £500.

Edited by v0n

Fairly pleased with my Octavia Mk3 Elegance estate, but in common with others I am surprised that I have a few irritating rattles considering what the car cost. My Mk1 L&K never rattled, my MK2 only started to rattle when I got rid of it, it must have known! The rattles (or buzzes to be more accurate) I have don't seem to appear on a single bump, but more when a rough road surface transmits through the tyres which it seems to do on the 17" wheels.. There's one around the climate control area and if you press the temperature display it seems to stop. The other is somewhere around the driver, cant make out if its in the dash or the drivers door... AhRR really annoying! The wife says Skoda owe us a new dashboard if the dealer cant stop it, its going in this Friday so will report back when its been fixed... or not!

Fairly pleased with my Octavia Mk3 Elegance estate, but in common with others I am surprised that I have a few irritating rattles considering what the car cost. My Mk1 L&K never rattled, my MK2 only started to rattle when I got rid of it, it must have known! The rattles (or buzzes to be more accurate) I have don't seem to appear on a single bump, but more when a rough road surface transmits through the tyres which it seems to do on the 17" wheels.. There's one around the climate control area and if you press the temperature display it seems to stop. The other is somewhere around the driver, cant make out if its in the dash or the drivers door... AhRR really annoying! The wife says Skoda owe us a new dashboard if the dealer cant stop it, its going in this Friday so will report back when its been fixed... or not!

Not sure if its the same but mine had a very irritating vibration around the steering column and what seemed to be through the airbag on the steering wheel, it seemed to always be loudest at about 1250 revs or 30 mph in 4th gear. My dealer did cure it, it was a loose connection where the heating pipe to the drivers footwell connected to the heater matrix and hence pipe was rattling against the steering column and up through the steering wheel. The cure, some tape on the pipe to make the joint firmer! I just get the feeling this model is not quite so well screwed together as MkII or Superb II, it brings back bad memories of my 2006 Passat, now that was a shocking car for rattles, just hope this doesn't get any worse as it's borderline at the mo, can live with a few little buzzes here and there but got a bad feeling so far, shame really because its otherwise a brilliant all round family/commuter car, hope they sort out these bugs once production ramps up.

Thanks for the info, it could be around the steering column area, so I will mention that pipe to them on Friday. I hope it can be sorted because I wasn't sure if I should keep my MK2 and I hope I haven't made a mistake, no going back now!

Thanks for the info, it could be around the steering column area, so I will mention that pipe to them on Friday. I hope it can be sorted because I wasn't sure if I should keep my MK2 and I hope I haven't made a mistake, no going back now!

Well the Octavia III has been to the dealer for them to sort rattles, eh not happy! They have looked at the items mentioned on this post and said after having the car a whole day, "we may not have entirely cured it". Actually the car now rattles worse than the 250000 mile Mk1 Octavia taxi I was in on the the way home from the garage. Imagine if I bough the VRS with even harder suspension and lower profile tyres, surely that must be rattling itself to bits, anyone got rattles on a VRS? Dealer is saying they will have to have back in for several days and lend me a car. My worry is that if a new car that has only done 2K miles sounds like the trim is falling out already whats it going to be like after a few years. Oh hek what have we done, my MK2 part ex is still up for sale at the garage, think I will ask for it back.

Well the Octavia III has been to the dealer for them to sort rattles, eh not happy! They have looked at the items mentioned on this post and said after having the car a whole day, "we may not have entirely cured it". Actually the car now rattles worse than the 250000 mile Mk1 Octavia taxi I was in on the the way home from the garage. Imagine if I bough the VRS with even harder suspension and lower profile tyres, surely that must be rattling itself to bits, anyone got rattles on a VRS? Dealer is saying they will have to have back in for several days and lend me a car. My worry is that if a new car that has only done 2K miles sounds like the trim is falling out already whats it going to be like after a few years. Oh hek what have we done, my MK2 part ex is still up for sale at the garage, think I will ask for it back.

I'm starting to think the same, my honeymoon period is definitely over with this car and I can't even turn up the radio cos that don't always work either! 8000 miles done, oh well only another 72,000 to go before I can justify a change, must keep smiling! :rofl:

Neuroteek, hi,

I bought kflex insulation and covered the hole trunk, including under the spare tyre, 19 mm... Nothing! Full tank-empty tank... Its the same. I didnt check the bottom though, maybe the exsaust...

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a fault but the brake pedal on my 2.0tdi dsg goes rock hard if left for 24 hours. Literally had to stand on pedal to get the engine to start. Dealer says this is normal, trouble is this is the same dealer who said the timing belt was fine on my old octy 2...

Can't say I've heard any rattles on my vrs. This may just be because I usually have music on. No water has gone on my boot (estate) and water isn't collecting between the door seals (unlike on the elegance loan I had)

Only thing for me at the mo which seems to be resolving itself is the headlight washers don't always retract 100%. They are getting better but sometimes stay out 3-5mm.

Not sure if this is a fault but the brake pedal on my 2.0tdi dsg goes rock hard if left for 24 hours. Literally had to stand on pedal to get the engine to start. Dealer says this is normal, trouble is this is the same dealer who said the timing belt was fine on my old octy 2...

It's normal, should loosen once ignition is on.

Still haven't had chance to get the car back to the dealers to sort out the rattle/buzz, fingers crossed I can this side of xmas.

However, the missus has been reporting warnings of a low battery message? Has anybody else had this, or know what it can be related to? Other than the obvious 'low battery'.

Hi Briskodans,

Yesterday, i had an issue with my amundsen system,made a phone call via Bluetooth and when the call is completed the system wont let me disconnect the call, checked my phone,  the call was disconnected on the phone. (It wont even let me turn-off the Amundsen system). So, after i reached my destination i turned off the engine and after 1 minutes turned it back on, it was back to normal. 

Today i had similar issue but today even after turning off and turning the engine back on, the system takes back to call page and is struck on it. Has anyone had similar issue that they encountered. 

After 3 weeks of ownership, time to post the faults I have found to date.

Like quite a few others, annoying rattle from the passenger seat height adjuster.

Like quite a few others, Columbus doesn't have the option to display the embedded speed limit data. Dealer is a bit stumped with this one.

And the most worrying, and may yet cause me to reject the car, the entire dashboard has had to be removed to rectify a wiring fault. Led downlighters and background illumination on a number of switches wasn't functioning. The loom had been damaged behind the dash where it was rubbing on the metal frame of the dash. This has been rectified apparently, but my concern is that I will have rattles and a misaligned dashboard when I get the car back, and possible future electrical issues. I have logged a case with Skoda regarding this as it is a manufacturing fault, and depending on what happens next I may well reject the car under SOGA.

Other faults, Bluetooth+ does not boost phone signal, may be related to the wiring fault.

Hands free call quality is atrocious on 2 different phones, yet an iPhone is fine.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk