RoadWarrior

I hope so - I might go the american muscle car route. Depends on how difficult a task it is.

tactical you got a pm :clap: :clap:

Replied ;)

Not an update as such, but got some pics of the car as it stand now. Really need to get it on coilovers...

P1050785_zps47fad4f1.jpg

P1050786_zps22dade07.jpg

P1050787_zps847342fa.jpg

P1050791_zps5c5e1d24.jpg

P1050793_zps34aa0b11.jpg

P1050794_zps5629b841.jpg

P1050800_zps0e069bed.jpg

P1050806_zps9f5d9348.jpg

Now all the bodywork stuff stops... and the huge task of saving begins.

- Piper exhuast + sports cat

- Prosport coilovers

- New radiator and fan unit (plus silicone hose set)

- Servo repair

- Stage 1 re-map

those rear lights looks 10000000000000x better :clap: :clap:

why is morrisons always empty when your taking pics :D

They're a bit too bright for my liking though - I've got some tinting film, so will give that a go.

lol, it was 21:30 on a Sunday night, so store was closed :P

• 3 weeks later...

Not much of an update (haven't done anything of note recently). This arrived today:

punplate_zps9b7ca6ae.jpg

Shame I can't keep it on the car all the time... but should look good at shows. I might keep it in the front windscreen while on-road - will have to do some test fitting.

• Like 4

Drunk_Driver_Police_Flashing_Light_Smileicon_police.gif PULLED OVER icon_police.gifDrunk_Driver_Police_Flashing_Light_Smile

Took longer than expected if I'm honest... but turned out to be more than the usual "Let's pull over that modified car because it's obviously dodgy."

Police van saw me drive past and caught up with me further down the road. Flashing lights, door opens, out gets a Sergeant: "I've pulled you over because you have teeth on the front of your car and a black car matching that description has been involved in a hit-and-run in Ashford."

Queue a mix of shock and anger. You f***ing what?! Genuinely thought I was about to be arrested for something I hadn't done - I haven't been anywhere near Ashford for 12 years and anyway I work nights, so was asleep all day! Even my Brisky sticker got a load of attention while he was on the phone to his mate "...yeah there's a number in the windscreen. Yeah it looks like a 6" :think:  Thankfully he saw sense when he realised there was no damage to the car and I was let on my way.

So gentlemen, it turns out I have a nemesis. And if I see him, expect some 80's fireworks :swear:

KandK01.jpg

Awesome work this truly is a unique project. Probably not to everyone's taste but who cares I love it. Bet it turns heads every where it goes?

Thanks buddy - yeah a lot of people do stop in their tracks, mainly because of the mouth :p

You need some rotating plate holders, bond style.
Like this:- http://plate-flipper.com

That would be awesome! :D Doesn't look like they do bike number plates though, so could only fit one to the rear.

Inspired and mad.  Can't wait to see this on the road. :)

Maybe next year's National Meet... maybe. I will get to one eventually!

• Like 3

You have an evil clone!!!

Can't say I've ever seen a car with teeth in ashford. I did see an mx5 with what looked like machine guns the other day. No teeth though

Haha - well if you do see it at all, then let me know. I've been trawling loads of car clubs looking for said individual!

"Teeth" might be just a white painted vertical grill....

Could be. It's bugging me now because I want to see this car.

Tbh sounds like the copper just used that excuse to pull you over. They've got targets to hit after all.

I'm not sure. I was listening very closely and monitoring what he was doing. He was doing more than checks on the radio - he was also phoning someone and looking at the front of the car whilst doing so.

It could be that the hit-and-run was a cover for something else though. I've checked loads of local news sites, as well as all the police websites (official, facebook, twitter, etc) and found sod all to do with said "incident" so I'm very suspicious, as that is exactly the type of incident that the police broadcast and ask for witnesses. I'm just p*ssed I forgot to turn my in-car camera on so I could review it all :(

Another small update... since re-fitting the old rear lights, I've had a problem with the electrics.

The O/S sidelight and O/S rear red haven't been working. I've had to put my rear fogs on to get the rear light to light up, but nothing will turn the front sidelight on. All the other lights work.

So... I though it must be the lights. I cleaned up the old Lexus lights and gave them a set of new Fly Eyes. Fitted... annnnndddd the problem still exists :(

R1_zps606d2e65.jpg

R2_zpsbbbab456.jpg

R3_zpsc0189c24.jpg

R4_zpsd506c82a.jpg

I've checked over all the bulbs, swapped some around and even tried replacing some... problem is still there. Looks like something more serious is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you heard there's a new mad max film coming out next year?

Yeah I've seen the trailer. Not to sure tbh... it's a bit "This franchise was yonks ago and where the fook is Mel Gibson?" but I'll give it a fair chance. I hate CGI with a passion so that will really put me off, though it is a good chance to eye up the cars and nick some ideas :D

• Like 1

:sun: :cocktail: 4th Anniversary :party: :clap:

Today marks 4 years since I bought the car and what a huge difference there is now. I took a a few photos on 1st August 2010 and I've done the same today... producing this:

Car4th_zps59d1c95a.jpg

Some other photos I found:

P1040067_zps335a825a.jpg

P1040123_zps9a8241f8.jpg

I must have spent 100's of hours on this thing and today also added to that. I've started tinting my windows to complete the look.

b1_zps84c4d310.jpg

b3_zpsb36f2f18.jpg

b2_zpsafd75736.jpg

The marks you can see are over-spray (didn't mask the windows off properly when painting :notme: ) I managed to get most of the paint off with a knife.

The rear window is a nightmare due to its sheer size - I gave up after an hour. Will complete the N/S later on.

This was also installed... my last ever one :(

P1050847_zps949b1593.jpg

I thought the registration number of your car rung some bells, and sure enough it did.

Back in 2002 your car belonged to Briskoda Member funkyjutel.

Here are a couple of pictures of your car I took back in 2002 at a midlands Briskoda meeting.

post-47-0-34814100-1406908293_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-57398900-1406908293_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I thought the registration number of your car rung some bells, and sure enough it did.

Back in 2002 your car belonged to Briskoda Member funkyjutel.

Here are a couple of pictures of your car I took back in 2002 at a midlands Briskoda meeting.

Haha omg that is amazing :)

Thanks a lot for posting these - I'm going to print them off and add them to the cars history!