Any Remaps Available for the Octavia MK3 VRS 2.0 TDI...?

I dont know why people always have to complain about prices.

If you want it, buy it. If you think it is too expensive, leave it.

Most of the complainers are mostly non buyers (or dont even have any interrest in the item).

Nowadays everyone is expecting goods for the price of the hardware and forget that man hours are the way more expensive part (development, testing etc)

• Like 2

Most of the complainers are mostly non buyers (or dont even have any interrest in the item).

Nowadays everyone is expecting goods for the price of the hardware and forget that man hours are the way more expensive part (development, testing etc)

I think the generally accepted term is "freetards".  Let's not go off-topic and discuss piracy, but there is definitely a sense of entitlement amongst some people who feel that they should be able to have everything without working or paying for it.

• Like 1

I think the generally accepted term is "freetards".  

Not necessarily so. Don't confuse a statement about a price appearing to be high as some sort of complaint.  Sometimes a product appears to be expensive and all it takes is a few words to explain how that price was derived and most people understand.

In today's world where pay is falling well short of inflation and supermarkets are cutting each others' throats to sell a few baked beans because many people can't make ends meet, it is always worth challenging the pricing structure of an item which is, in effect, an unnecessary luxury.

Is the remap worth £649?  To some, yes it is,  to others, no it's not and for the latter group I agree - don't buy it. IMO Shark_90 has justified the price perfectly well and I will book may car in next time I'm in the UK.

• Like 1

If anyone has the latest DSG for us to look at and confirm a few things, then we might well have something ready for that too.

Yes for sure you can use mine, but I don't know when I'm likely to be in your neck of the woods.

BTW, does your vRS TDI remap have any effect on the DPF or generate more soot at all?  Is there an MPG gain to be had too?

Not necessarily so. Don't confuse a statement about a price appearing to be high as some sort of complaint.  Sometimes a product appears to be expensive and all it takes is a few words to explain how that price was derived and most people understand.

In today's world where pay is falling well short of inflation and supermarkets are cutting each others' throats to sell a few baked beans because many people can't make ends meet, it is always worth challenging the pricing structure of an item which is, in effect, an unnecessary luxury.

Is the remap worth £649?  To some, yes it is,  to others, no it's not and for the latter group I agree - don't buy it. IMO Shark_90 has justified the price perfectly well and I will book may car in next time I'm in the UK.

I don't disagree with anything you've said - but I think my point still stands (even if it is irrelevant and off-topic, but then this is the Internet  :D )

• Like 1

BTW, does your vRS TDI remap have any effect on the DPF or generate more soot at all? Is there an MPG gain to be had too?

According to our logs (smoke is very well controlled in these ECUs) there is no smoke and running our car on the map hasn't caused a regeneration as far as I can tell driving it. MPG so far seems to be unchanged but our car gets used for lots of different things and by different, so it's difficult to pin it down and confirm it. We generally don't quote MPG gains anyway as they are too subjective and unreliable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any chance of a rolling road plot from Shark? I spoke to Matt about a week ago and gave my email address, but haven't received anything yet.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Yes, we've only just had our rolling road handed back to us after the 4WD upgrade. All of our old data plots are gone, so we need to get it back on there. Of course customer work takes precedence hence the delay. I'll get it sorted over the next week or two.

Anyone care to venture what the 0-62 time would be with the Shark Remap?

I'm sorely tempted - I just don't know whether to wait for my car to be a little older.

• Like 1

So, excuse my ignorance, but you remap the ECU to give the power gains; is there then any benefit of an induction kit? I know it helps with a petrol, not sure with a diesel.

In my experience, induction kits and panel filters have little/no benefit on diesel cars as diesel cars already run with more air than is required to combust the fuel effectively.  

On my Civic 2.2CDTi a few years back, Pipercross used my car to develop their replacement panel filter which I then took to Superchips HQ in Banbury to do some rolling road plots and was surprised to see that when equipped with the Pipercross foam panel filter, the car actually produced less bhp & torque than the OE Honda paper filter.  

The one benefit of the Pipercross filter that was noticed, was that the car didn't suffer from "heat soak" on the rolling road in the same way that the OE filter did.  Heat soak is when the car can't draw enough cool air into the engine and cuts the power.  This phenomenon was only noticed on the rolling road however and not during normal driving.  In normal driving, I found the Pipercross filter adversely affected the way the car accelerated and drove too and soon changed back to OE. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

According to our logs (smoke is very well controlled in these ECUs) there is no smoke and running our car on the map hasn't caused a regeneration as far as I can tell driving it. MPG so far seems to be unchanged but our car gets used for lots of different things and by different, so it's difficult to pin it down and confirm it. We generally don't quote MPG gains anyway as they are too subjective and unreliable .

Just revisiting this one.  Any joy with the DSG remap?  For my purposes the engine remap is probably not something I'd go for as it would be wasted here, but the gearbox mapping is truly awful.  A midway point between normal and sprt would be pretty much spot on.

• 1 year later...

hey guys

bought a 2015 vRS Octavia III TDI with DSG for 1,5 month ago and since day 2 as the lucky owner of my 3rd Skoda and 2nd vRS Octavia been thinking of a remap.

Since I live in Sweden, we have some local actors for mapping such as BSR and Vtech (both used on my previous Skodas and other cars) but i haven't been convinced of their effect gain for my car. BSR which is the oldest and largest actor in mapping cars offers 213hp and 440 Nm with an average gain of only 20 hp for 6000SEK (600 english dollars). I tested this on my car for 1 hour and wasn't amazed at all so I didn't go for it. (had 3 cars before with BSR map w.o any problems and good performance)

Now i found a tuning company close to where I live (South swe) who sells Celtic Tuning for only 3000SEK about 300 quid..

But since last year I've been a member here and everyone talks/writes about Shark, almost no mention of Celtic..

My questions than:

any experiences you guys have with Celtic, Celtic VS Shark experiences, any problems with Celtics mapping?

I would also like to ask someone here if you guys know what's the top torque for this DSG (DQ250) cuz what I heard and read the limit goes at 450Nm, but Shark offers 500Nm.. how does this affect the cluct and double mass flying wheel?

thx in advance!

• 2 months later...

On my last car, a BMW 520D, I had Celtic Tuning remap it at their unit in Cornwall, the difference in the car was amazing, they took the engine from a standard 177bhp up to 253bhp with a similar gain in torque all confirmed on their dyno. Another bonus was the improved fuel consumption 300 miles on motorways at a displayed average of 57mpg, normally about 53/54 for the same journey.

I'll take that as a no, then :dull:

The Phirm formerly of Hartley Whitney now somewhere on the north circular can remap DSG boxes. If you have it done to Sport Mode it's unlikely to be seen by a dealership as the car won't start in Sport Mode

Edited by themanwithnoaim

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm looking at a Quantum remap (quantumremap.co.uk) of my O3 vRS. Has anyone had one, or got any comments to share? Apparently they can take it from 220 to 300bhp.

• 1 year later...

Hy guys. As my octavia rs tdi 184 bhp will be out of warranty by the end of november, i considered chiptuning an option to increase hp and torque. i have some questions though:

1. the vrs tdi engine is the same engine like the 2.0l 150hp with a remap made by skoda, or have some components changed?. if so, what is changed ?

2. did anyone do a remap and made some mileage (30000 + km)  to tell me how the engine feels like; did something fail ? did you return to oem remap and why?, etc.....

Please share your opinion. Thanks!

Edited by fane87

20 hours ago, fane87 said:

Hy guys. As my octavia rs tdi 184 bhp will be out of warranty by the end of november, i considered chiptuning an option to increase hp and torque. i have some questions though:

1. the vrs tdi engine is the same engine like the 2.0l 150hp with a remap made by skoda, or have some components changed?. if so, what is changed ?

2. did anyone do a remap and made some mileage (30000 + km)  to tell me how the engine feels like; did something fail ? did you return to oem remap and why?, etc.....

Please share your opinion. Thanks!

think the 184 has a bigger turbo and different injectors compared to the 150

they do map quite well up to about 230ps. 

A much better engine than the previous CR170 without the DPF and injector issues that affected that engine.

Personally I'd go for a conservative remap around 215ps that would avoid any torque spikes that would stress the clutch. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

DTUK do a great CRDT3+ which i have fitted since october last year, its easily removed and even reprogrammed gives the same or better performance than a remap and can be switched off. you can now get the option of a bluetooth connection as well.

combine it with the pedal box and you are driving a completly different beast. 

Edited by JohnnyType2

faulty turbo. engine management lights would come on long before you could do any damage. you will get caught by the fuzz long before your clutch gives, i drive spirited and have had zero issues with the bonus of being able to set three different maps at 6 different settings per map. the only regret i have is the BT module wasnt out when i purchased mine as you can check 0-60s change maps on the fly and enable warmup times.

Edited by JohnnyType2