Best vRS MKIII deals so far

Most should do 3% I'd have thought but I'm very interested to hear which dealer is giving over 8.5% and a couple of grands worth if free loan! By my calculations the dealer is making a loss on that by a couple of percent!

• Like 1

I got approx £1k off a £27250 spec'd TDi vRS, large deposit to pay £185/m. 0% deal saves approx £2500 of interest payments over x3 years with a GFV of £13022. Free servicing over the x3 years as I only do 5000mpa so let's say another £500, means I got about £4k discount.

Who would NOT want the PCP deal?

Me! lol

Dude, you might be 'only' paying £185/month but the overall cost of the car is still circa £13000 over 3 years, surely? OK, you're happy knowing that that's your 'overall cost' and a cash buyer will never know his true 'overall cost' until he comes to sell his car.

And do you realise that at 5k miles per year you'll only save about £100 on diesel v petrol (source recent autoexpress test Golf GTI 36.5 mpg vs GTD 42.8mpg)

These Skoda prices are fecking crazy now! 3 years ago I paid £17600 for a VRS petrol estate with leather and a few other options, I got the full dealer margin AND 0% finance over 2 years.

Looking at trading it in now and it will have cost be less than £7500 in depreciation

Compare this to your prices! Inflation is flippin rampant! :giggle:  

8.6% with the 0%?

Not being funny but can you post the actual numbers as that doesn't make sense. (Unless you are getting mates rates or something)

They can't be making anything on that, I don't see why a dealership would bother to do that business especially given how new the car is....

prefer not to give away all detail a Sales Exec has become a friend since my lastdeal.

However, deal struck at £20990.for brand new std spec +met paint with spare.

I set up deal with having dealerships in competition online.

Genuine £2.0k over other proposals from about 4dealers on PX.

Dealership is west of Bristol.

Me! lol

Dude, you might be 'only' paying £185/month but the overall cost of the car is still circa £13000 over 3 years, surely? OK, you're happy knowing that that's your 'overall cost' and a cash buyer will never know his true 'overall cost' until he comes to sell his car.

And do you realise that at 5k miles per year you'll only save about £100 on diesel v petrol (source recent autoexpress test Golf GTI 36.5 mpg vs GTD 42.8mpg)

These Skoda prices are fecking crazy now! 3 years ago I paid £17600 for a VRS petrol estate with leather and a few other options, I got the full dealer margin AND 0% finance over 2 years.

Looking at trading it in now and it will have cost be less than £7500 in depreciation

You try buying a lower spec, cheaper to buy Mazda6 tourer for anywhere near my figures.

My COST TO CHANGE is only £4k, that is all that matters. i.e. I pay Skoda £4k and £185 x35 months. THAT'S how much my £27250 car is costing ME.

At the end of x3 years, the quest to find another "cost to change" deal to suit my circumstances, will begin again.

Don't bother about the petrol/diesel thing. The petrol TSi is TOO EXPENSIVE to buy and to run, even over only 5000 miles per year.

I've already posted about that elsewhere.

3 years ago I paid £17600 for a VRS petrol estate with leather and a few other options, I got the full dealer margin AND 0% finance over 2 years.

So let's say, you have paid £10100 over x35 months = £288/m.( thus disregarding your £7500 equity )

I'll pay £10475 over x35 months = £299/m. ( and I might still have equity on my side at the end )

Only £11/m a difference, are you sure yours was such a bargain?

Edited by dc5r666

So let's say, you have paid £10100 over x35 months = £288/m.( thus disregarding your £7500 equity )

I'll pay £8800 over x35 months = £251/m. ( and I might still have equity on my side at the end )

Are you sure yours was such a bargain?

Dude I need some of what you are smoking!

First off your cost was circa £26k -£13k = £13k plus interest repayments, then it was £10475 now suddenly it's gone down to £8800!!! I think you should press a few more buttons on your magic calculator and it might get even cheaper  :giggle:

Do you realise that all you're doing is renting a car for 3 years? It's not YOUR car, the finance company own it!  :rofl:

You've misunderstood my figures, my car cost was £17600 - I didn't pay a penny in interest. If I get £10500 trade in next week, then the depreciation is £7100.....why on earth are you making up numbers again re £288/m???

I also think you're confused re diesel vs petrol cost; the difference between a diesel getting 60mpg and a petrol getting 40mpg over 12000 miles is about £400/year........when you're talking of paying £10k-£13k in depreciation/rental alone, percentage wise the petrol/diesel arguement is small fry.....

Edited by adder

prefer not to give away all detail a Sales Exec has become a friend since my lastdeal.

What version is this on?

Best deal I can find for a base VRS Estate is 4% off list price with 0% finance and free servicing. Any options will be discounted at 15%. This was achieved by calling half a dozen dealers. Most of the dealers would not entertain a discount over the phone (3% and 4%), but all said that deals could be done if I wanted to come in and talk. Only two quoted discounted figures over the phone, but I guess I may get an extra 1% (total 5%)  if I visit them face to face.

For me, only the petrol makes sense. I am a private buyer who does low mileage, so additional costs (petrol vs diesel) including road tax, fuel, insurance and depreciation will be £1.5 to £2k over 3 years. I think the pertrol is worth an extra £10 to £14 per week for added smoothness and performance, plus not having to worry about low mileage choking the DPF. After all, we do buy the VRS model for preformance. For business users the diesel is a much better choice.

Edited by Orville

First off your cost was circa £26k -£13k = £13k plus interest repayments, then it was £10475 now suddenly it's gone down to £8800!!! I think you should press a few more buttons on your magic calculator and it might get even cheaper  :giggle:

Do you realise that all you're doing is renting a car for 3 years? It's not YOUR car, the finance company own it!  :rofl:

You've misunderstood my figures, my car cost was £17600 - I didn't pay a penny in interest. If I get £10500 trade in next week, then the depreciation is £7100.....why on earth are you making up numbers again re £288/m???

I also think you're confused re diesel vs petrol cost; the difference between a diesel getting 60mpg and a petrol getting 40mpg over 12000 miles is about £400/year........when you're talking of paying £10k-£13k in depreciation/rental alone, percentage wise the petrol/diesel arguement is small fry.....

Re the £8800 fig, I,m watching touring cars whilst being pestered by the kids n missus. You'll notice it was edited before you posted your comment.

EDIT: I see where my maths has gone awry now, Im using the £10100 instead of the £7500!!  :blush:

I am editing the figures to show my error.

1. Its a 0% PCP, where are the interest charges you talk about on either of our cars??

2. £10475 = £185 x 35 + £4000 deposit (after taking away my Mazda6 equity balance)!! This is how much I am paying over x3 years from my bank account!!

3. You yourself said your car cost £17600 and depreciated by £7500 in x3 years!! So you have paid £7500 over x3 years (even though you paid it off in x2 years because you have kept it for x3 years!!)

4. For the sake of comparison I used x35 months for both our cars so; £7500/35 = £214/month, £10475/35 = £299/month.

5. On a car that is in effect £26250 I am paying a whopping extra £85/m in comparison to the payments you made but my car has more toys!! I'm not allowing for inflation!

6. I stated that I don't care who owns the vehicle, I do care that mine is guaranteed to be worth £13022, cos I don't have to pay ANY of that EVER, cos I'm not going to keep it!!

7. OMG NOT AGAIN! Base TSI £23790 - TDi £24060 = TDi is £270 more expensive to buy!

After x3 years @ 5000mpa, GFV's TSi £11600 - TDi £13022 = TDi is £1422 to the good.

15k miles of diesel at 45mpg compared to 15k miles of petrol at 35mpg is approx 1514litres diesel @ £1.41/l, 1945litres petrol @ £1.36/l = TDi £2135 (over 3 years,15k miles) - TSi £2645 = TDi £510 to the good.

TSi RFL Tax = £420, TDi = £60, TDi is £360 to the good!

So; £1422 + £510 + £360 - £270 = £2022 cash in my pocket thank you very much!! :kiss:

I'm going to have a tablet, with my humble pie and a lie down lol  :blush:

Edited by dc5r666
  • Like 3

Miles better than I managed, dare I ask the dealer? :)

Best deal I can find for a base VRS Estate is 4% off list price with 0% finance and free servicing. Any options will be discounted at 15%. This was achieved by calling half a dozen dealers. Most of the dealers would not entertain a discount over the phone (3% and 4%), but all said that deals could be done if I wanted to come in and talk. Only two quoted discounted figures over the phone, but I guess I may get an extra 1% (total 5%) if I visit them face to face.

For me, only the petrol makes sense. I am a private buyer who does low mileage, so additional costs (petrol vs diesel) including road tax, fuel, insurance and depreciation will be £1.5 to £2k over 3 years. I think the pertrol is worth an extra £10 to £14 per week for added smoothness and performance, plus not having to worry about low mileage choking the DPF. After all, we do buy the VRS model for preformance. For business users the diesel is a much better choice.

Right - and what was the RRP? (with the options you chose)

Still confused about how you can get this level of discount, unless of course it's because the dealer is your mate - then it makes more sense :) ... even so he must be a bloody good mate! lol

All circumstances are individual, but given I have a mortgage and other debt to pay there is no way I would ever ever ever want to sink my hard earned cash into a depreciating asset, especially a car! (of all things!)

Cars (unless classics, and even then!) are NOT a sound investment for your cash, there are far far too many ways to lose your money.

When reading these forums I always think each to their own, but it does make me wonder why some people would shove their hard earned cash into what is essentially a "furnace"

I've learnt the heard way with my past two cars that they will never return the kind of "investment" you expect, so it's better not to own the risk, that way if it ever is a problem you just hand the car back - after all if there's no money left in it, you'd probably be a in a worse position anyway (having to pay to get rid of it)

The finance company own my car? so what? - it's a car, I'd rather I owned my house sooner!

All circumstances are individual,

The finance company own my car? so what? - it's a car, I'd rather I owned my house sooner!

Indeed, so the finance company own your car and a bank owns your house  :rofl:

I own my large house and my fast car.........strange isn't it that we all think our own thing and can make up figures as we see fit?

remember opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one and most of them are full of sh!t!  :giggle:

• Like 1

Indeed, so the finance company own your car and a bank owns your house  :rofl:

I own my large house and my fast car.........strange isn't it that we all think our own thing and can make up figures as we see fit?

remember opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one and most of them are full of ****!  :giggle:

Absolutely - I'm 29, heard working, and proud that I am paying my own way, like most people I've relied on credit over the years to pay for things - I suspect I'm not that different to the majority of people on here - what's funny about that?

As I said each to their own, but my personal view is if I ever got to the point where I owned both my house and had cash for a car, I'd put the majority of that cash into another property (retirement) or use it to help my (perhaps one day) kids out with their first property....

Opinions are exactly as you say :) - but I've not made up figures ;)

• Like 1

Miles better than I managed, dare I ask the dealer? :)

I called most of the London based dealerships and asked to talk to Sales. Most would not discuss actual discount figures over the phone but all said they could do me a deal if we I went in to the showroom. When pressed, one hinted at £800 off list (3%), and another said £1100 (4%) once I told him the other had offered £800. The latter also offered 15% off of options if I ordered within two weeks. I do not want to give the dealers name because it may get them in trouble. There are not many London dealers so just call around and you'll get him eventually.

I think the way to get the best deal is to walk in to the dealer and give them a take it or leave offer. Say you want 5% off for you to place orders today, otherwise walk out but ask them to call you if 5% becomes available. Sooner or later one will either say yes on the spot or one will call you. A sale is a sale, and so long as they do not lose money another one only helps.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

tsi estate.

Im confused lol ...... you say you got 8.6% off a tsi estate with spare and met paint......

tsi elegance estate = OTR 21,040 + spare 75 + met paint 495 = 21,610 - 8.6% = 19,751

unless my maths is terrible (which is quite likely) or im misunderstanding what you said you havent got 8.6% off if youre paying 20,990........ for £20,961 there is only a 3% discount.........

if its the vrs tsi estate = OTR 23,790 + spare 75 + met paint 495 = 24,360 - 8.6% = 22,265 ........... to make that car cost 20,990 would be almost 14% discount wouldnt it?  :S

Please no one laugh at me for being unable to do maths lol

I didn't get the maths on his post either tbh...

I do not want to give the dealers name because it may get them in trouble. There are not many London dealers so just call around and you'll get him eventually.

and I really don't understand posts like this. You'll get him in trouble?! The system won't let him sell at a loss so the worst that will happen is that he will have the option of another lower profit sale?! I don't understand the secrecy and issues surrounding this and the fact you are happy to post the supposed discount but then deny others in the Briskoda community. A mentality I really don't get.

Just ordered a black vRS 2.0 TDi CR Estate today, with £2500 of options, on 0% PCP with a fixed part-ex value for my current car (i.e. at its current exchange value, not what it's worth in 3 months) and managed to get a 5% discount. Didn't manage to test drive the diesel version, but did drive the petrol one. Wow! That car is fast and very smooth and refined. Hope the diesel doesn't disappoint too much in comparison.

Gary

Edited by Gary_UK
  • Like 1

right well I've commented on the delivery times thread but I thought I'd put it here as well, I got an octy 3 vrs manual petrol in race blue with canton, kessy, boot net system and mitsumi through a thoroughly nice chap from carfile.net with £3120 off list price (i.e £22990 down to £19870) and then 14% off the options (about £210) giving a total discount of £3220, which even if I do say so myself ain't too shabby!