Best vRS MKIII deals so far

Hi,

Hope this isn't against the rules or not really the "done" thing here (i'm a noobie) but I wanted to try and work out how much of a deal I'm likely to be able to drive on a new diesel vRS hatch.

The spec I'm looking at:

2.0 TDI Manual (Heard that the DSG won't be around until next year?)

Race Blue

Black Design Pack

Standard 18" wheels

Ambusden Sat Nav (I don't think I can stomach another £800 for a larger screen)

I'm coming from a 987 (08) Boxster, which has been a brilliant car, but is currently only doing about 21-27 MPG - I'm driving about 15k a year at the moment so I need something to help save me some cash whilst not being a dog. Drove a 2TDI over the weekend and it felt OK, it's tough coming from a mid engined rear wheel drive car tho....

I want to make use of the 0% PCP so I realise that will limit the deal I can get as the margins are already probably quite tight.

So far Orange Wheels have offered pretty much 1k off the list price with the 0% deal.

My dealer has gone away to have a chat with her manager about it and to see what they can do.

Also looking at the Seat Leon FR 187 (Same engine, same chasis, some similar running gear) which even on a 4.9% PCP is still working out roughly the same as the Skoda.

So - just wondering how much of a deal people have managed to get on these? - I know it's a brand new model but still ;)

Oh and hello btw :)

Try drive the deal for a quote. I'm sure someone on here has used them and been offered 6% discount plus the 0% PCP. That would be more than a grand off. That who I intend to order with later in the year unless my local dealer will match it

With drive the deal they don't list skoda? - will give them a ring later and see what they can do, I got about 3k off list price of the Leon through them, by the time you've paid for the finance they are pretty much equal

Any idea what kind of price you were looking at from your dealer?

carfile were around 5% off with 0% finance.

Used quote to bargain my local dealer down 

Good man :) - hopefully my local dealer are up for a deal, they are actually pretty nice people - much nicer to deal with than Audi and to a certain extent Seat :)

Skoda disappeared from the drive the deal website last week but apparently it happens from time to time when they update. At least one brisk member has ordered from them.

I've not approached my local dealer. I've not got a lot of time for them after getting quoted on a Blackline last year. I'll get a quote elsewhere when I ready and then give them one opportunity to match it.

Leon FR will be considerably cheaper to buy. vRS TDI at various broker places after discount is priced on about the same level as Golf GT (not GTD), which is only about 0.3 second slower but has better options and will hold its value better.

Edited by v0n

Skoda disappeared from the drive the deal website last week but apparently it happens from time to time when they update. At least one brisk member has ordered from them.

I've not approached my local dealer. I've not got a lot of time for them after getting quoted on a Blackline last year. I'll get a quote elsewhere when I ready and then give them one opportunity to match it.

I suspect that will be the dealer I went to first & got a quote based on my p/ex, which was an insult. Since then have got the deal I am doing & £2000 better off.

I gave them a chance to match it & they told me to take the deal I got elsewhere as they couldn't see how the dealer was able to do it. A case of greed maybe, but it's their loss.

Edited by kalpat

I went in the dealer with a copy of the DTD quote in my hand, he couldn't match it naturally however he knocked a grand off the asking price, threw in free autoglym and gave me GAP for 250.

I was happy with that coupled with the 0% so placed the order :)

I've had quotes from Carfile, DtD and Orange Wheels, as well as a dealer.

DtD's Skoda prices can be found here: http://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/SKODA/OCTAVIA+DIESEL+HATCHBACK/index.html?budget=20000

I guess they need updating, as the current discount offered is £49 for the spec I am after!

Carfile have been the cheapest thus far, with the dealer coming in second.

One thing that does baffle me is the willingness of some brokers/dealers to offer the full 14% off for a cash sale, but only 4-6% for a sale taking the 0% finance (an option which cuts into the dealer's profit margin by a 6%).  Why not 8% off if the same dealers are already willing to sell at cost (for a cash sale)?!

Yeah I see what you mean that is a bit strange - I wonder if they are trying to make out that the finance costs more to them? - thanks for posting all your deals though - I was basically expecting the same 1k off, and a couple of freebies going via the dealer

We shall see :) I need a good PX price too

I just had a chat on the phone to CarFile, and will be eagerly anticipating what sort of deal they can do in my situation. He told me it could be around a 5% discount, which sounds good. It all depends on what sort of valuation they give on my current Honda though, as that discount could end up being cancelled out if its not so good.

Hi All,

Just back from a local (ish) dealer - and I've done a deal with them.

Ended up getting a good guaranteed price for my current car (which was the clincher really) and broadly speaking 5% off with the 0% deal.

Thinking about it now should have asked the cute sales guy for dinner and a bottle of wine at a good steak place as well but meh, I'll settle ;)

Now it's just the wait!

BTW Ordered:

TDi Hatch

Race Blue

Black Design Pack

Amusbden sat nav

Colour maxidot

"Normal" cruise control

Wheels are Gemini in anthracite (18s)

I'm sad to be giving up my current car but pleased with the deal I got, and pleased most of all that the hunt is over!

Edited by thebigred

Hi All,

Just back from a local (ish) dealer - and I've done a deal with them.

Ended up getting a good guaranteed price for my current car (which was the clincher really) and broadly speaking 5% off with the 0% deal.

Thinking about it now should have asked the cute sales guy for dinner and a bottle of wine at a good steak place as well but meh, I'll settle ;)

Now it's just the wait!

BTW Ordered:

TDi Hatch

Race Blue

Black Design Pack

Amusbden sat nav

Colour maxidot

"Normal" cruise control

Wheels are Gemini in anthracite (18s)

I'm sad to be giving up my current car but pleased with the deal I got, and pleased most of all that the hunt is over!

Enjoy mate! - I hate waiting! :wall:

• Like 1

Have your dealers offered the discount on just the car or car plus extras?

My dealer is offering 6% but just on the car excluding on the road costs so only £1300. They started at 3%!

Going to try another dealer tomorrow.

My dealer is offering 6% but just on the car excluding on the road costs so only £1300. They started at 3%!

Are you going for the 0% PCP?

What does the percentage work out as on the full price of the car?

Mine is on the total price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Is that with the 0% deal? Overall with the 0% pcp the best discounts I think you can get through online brokers are 3-6% but that is usually of the total cost I think - getting to 5% total cost at a local ish dealer was good enough for me, I guess if they were really hungry you might be able to push it out a bit more

Car is too new to see good discounts, early adopters will pay a premium for the privilege. The 0% interest deal is good but you pay for it in loss of discount, nothing is ever free....

Car is too new to see good discounts, early adopters will pay a premium for the privilege. The 0% interest deal is good but you pay for it in loss of discount, nothing is ever free....

Hmmmm, kind of. Although it's still a crowded market, they will have to win customers over especially with the delay they are looking at for the hatch. Also for customers who need to pay on finance and have small deposits the total discount is probably larger than those putting in a large deposit (small deposit would have paid more interest) - No idea who'd put a large deposit down on a 0% deal but hey ho

I agree nothing is free, the interest is simply paid for by the dealer so it cuts into any discount. I'm still confused why you would pay cash for such an expensive but hugely depreciating asset though - especially when there's a 0% deal to be had?! - Surely you'd be better keeping your cash and not chucking it into something which instantly drops in value the moment you turn the key?

Perhaps just my way of thinking about it but if you can spread that depreciation (and more importantly let someone else "own" the problem) surely you'll be in a better position? After all, with the spare cash you could put it into some kind of investment that will increase in value?

Edited by thebigred