The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Looks highly plausible.

Not a bad effort.. plenty of space for those round fogs too on the Scout version....

The nav units were not likely to change to the ones in the Octavia as they need the new MQB electronics.

There is alas no Adaptive Cruise control eye out front...   :@   Nor even the Auto brake eye the Golf mk VII has.

I'm very disappointed with the carry over radios.............  I had hoped the new Octavia radios would make it over.  But guess they are MQB platform only as RapidRonnie said above.

It has the same Octavia DRL at the bottom of the headlights and the same indicators to the side as the FL Superb.

This is the real deal and NOT a Photoshop.
  • Like 1

Johann, regarding the lower ride height, are you saying that based on the pictures or did you see some specifications? The media pictures can be a bit decieving.

• Like 1

....This is the real deal and NOT a Photoshop.....

OK, I'll believe you this time :happy: !

A rather tamed Yeti, I feel - definitely urban and sitting on the ground.  Silver rails?  Honeycomb lower grille, that still won't stop stones.  No smiley dash anymore.  Let's hope the 'Scout' (if that's what it is) will look a bit harder.

Johann, regarding the lower ride height, are you saying that based on the pictures or did you see some specifications? The media pictures can be a bit decieving.

No just based on what I can (clearly) see in the photos.

It is still only a rumour that there will be a "Scout" version... But what we see pictured above looks like a Tiguan R-line and really totally unsuitable for off-roading in. That jutting chin out front makes sure of that.

Would like to see more and in the metal too; Superb II FL was better to look at than pics suggested.

However based on this image, then Skoda are very unlikly to see me in a showroom up or maybe downgrading any time soon.

Lost a lot of it's offroad apeal.

TP

Thanks for sharing Johann.

I think that looks pretty good considering the many mock up versions that have been around for some time. Even without the round fogs it is still very much a Yeti although I think some of the character has been lost.

Roof colour rails? Well I'm not too sure about that. The Xenon headlights (if they follow other models)  show what look like LED DRLs as small strips inside the light unit. I wonder of the 'normal' lights will have this or have normal bulbs for DRL (like some Audis) 

Ride height certainly looks a lot lower looking at the clearance between tyre and wheel arch. The view from the inside shows the off road button so if this is an Urban it's good to see that this 4x4 is an option.

Roll on photos and details of the Scout.

Thanks for sharing Johann.

I think that looks pretty good considering the many mock up versions that have been around for some time. Even without the round fogs it is still very much a Yeti although I think some of the character has been lost.

Roof colour rails? Well I'm not too sure about that. The Xenon headlights (if they follow other models)  show what look like LED DRLs as small strips inside the light unit. I wonder of the 'normal' lights will have this or have normal bulbs for DRL (like some Audis) 

Ride height certainly looks a lot lower looking at the clearance between tyre and wheel arch. The view from the inside shows the off road button so if this is an Urban it's good to see that this 4x4 is an option.

Roll on photos and details of the Scout.

It looks body colour on these images but the roof rails are matt silver.  

As to the DRL and indicators I linked to what they will look like in my second post.

• Like 1

We all have our own opinions but I'd be tempted with the design of this (over the current model).

• Front looks quite agressive - need to see a full on front shot though
  • Can't say I have ever been in or looked at current Yeti interior but that looks Ok to me
  • Boot design brings it in line with rest of FL models

What you mean like the group represented here (in this forum I mean)?

errrr.......yes, and more ground clearance.  :rofl:

My eyes are tired today and can barely read the screen! (even with my proper glasses on.. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

It looks body colour on these images but the roof rails are matt silver.  

As to the DRL and indicators I linked to what they will look like in my second post.

Thanks Johann, I started writing the post a long while back whilst stuck on a conference call at work and finished it a lot later after more posts turned up. Note to self, read all replies before posting  :blush:

And Firestone tires. Will they stop Dunlops? Interesting!

I think you will find that the car above is a very good 3D model.  And thus the Firestone tyres are just whatever they had to model with in their software.  For proof go and look at the lenses of the middle rear brake light and the lower red lights in the rear bumper.  The rear Park Assist eye also looks a bit suspect.  I might be wrong, but to me these elements look computer generated. Not impossible since I suspect they don't have any Yetis built yet, to a finished FL spec, to take good photos of...  And when they do there will be only a few to go to the Frankfurt show.

post-55900-0-04240700-1376407897_thumb.jpg

post-55900-0-79599200-1376407904_thumb.jpg

That is also why the silver roof rails look like body colour and the colour of the car is well, what?  Silver?  White?  It is also why you can't see any of the roof bar bolts on the roof rails.

• Like 1

I think you will find that the car above is a very good 3D model.  And thus the Firestone tyres are just whatever they had to model with in their software.  For proof go and look at the lenses of the middle rear brake light and the lower red lights in the rear bumper.  The rear Park Assist eye also looks a bit suspect.  I might be wrong, but to me these elements look computer generated. Not impossible since I suspect they don't have any Yetis built yet, to a finished FL spec, to take good photos of...  And when they do there will be only a few to go to the Frankfurt show.

Yep I agree with it being computer model. Its probably why the shadow of the rear left column didnt fit to my eyes.

I think that looks fine. The loss of the round foglights doesn't affect it as badly as I'd feared.

I 100% agree with you.  That is very clearly still a Yeti.