The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

A question for the owners of the new FL Yeti, without sunroof: has Skoda added ambient leds on interior dome? I would like to retrofit ambient leds in my, I know Tiguan has this feature

Robcrac,

My pre-FL Yeti Elegance (without sunroof) has the ambient led lighting on the interior dome. It was built mid-October 2013, and so was a pretty late pre-FL. I don't know when they started adding it as a feature.

Robcrac,

My pre-FL Yeti Elegance (without sunroof) has the ambient led lighting on the interior dome. It was built mid-October 2013, and so was a pretty late pre-FL. I don't know when they started adding it as a feature.

It was part of the car since 2009.   :rofl:  On non sunroof Yetis anyway.

• Like 2

Regarding ambient lights, thanks to all for the answers.

I understand that only the cars with alarms have these lights, with or without sunroof.So, initially I suppose that vag have only this version of light dome (with green buttons, white ambient lights, alarm sensors housing, with or without sunroof switch).But Superb has ambient lights also if is not equipped with alarm...

Moreover I'm quite sure that there's in any case wiring for this lights (I've checked my wiring and scirocco wiring, it seems that is the same).So now I'm looking for superb dome light panel (not easy to find).I hope that what I wrote is clear enough...

Point of note - the ambient lights (didn't we used to call them 'cats' eyes' or something in the old days?) aren't fitted on UK alarmed, sunroofed Yetis. If they were, they would illuminate the rear view mirror and not a lot else.

• 4 weeks later...

Autoexpress issue1308 has a  road test comparison between the the F/L Yeti 1.2 litr Outdoor SE a Nissan Qashqai acenta 1.2 ltre and a Vauxhall Mokka 1.2lltr petrol exclusive. Makes very interesting reading, guess which one won ( albeit only just).

Tony

Just picked up ours, I'm very happy with it, FL CR170 Elegance with LED lights,Midi,Heated Front screen and washer jets.

Ordered in Oct, arrived Feb collected today and got a stunning deal :)

Just picked up ours, I'm very happy with it, FL CR170 Elegance with LED lights,Midi,Heated Front screen and washer jets.

Ordered in Oct, arrived Feb collected today and got a stunning deal :)

Any chance of a few pics!

Massive selling point  :) 

I wonder if these torches will go disappearing in the same way that the Superb umbrellas used to  :wonder:

It hasn't dissapeared, I have it in my Yeti now!!! Excellant umbrella still at 8 years old

Yes its taken that long I forgot what I ordered, dates were moved so I just sat and waited. 

Yeah, you really must have forgotten, considering in January you said "id even consider buying one if one ever came up at the right price" after jumping on me for the comments re black and the floating roof design and FL looks. Welcome to Yeti ownership.

Picked up my 1.2 TSI SE in Capuccino this afternoon. Couple of pictures parked at dealers while waiting for salesman.

Ordered Sept 5th and stored by dealer for 4 weeks so  I could have a 14 reg. Learnt to live with one car over winter.

post-109379-0-89979800-1393697342_thumb.jpg post-109379-0-05410700-1393697344_thumb.jpg post-109379-0-73078600-1393697344_thumb.jpg

There was a Jungle Green Yeti 4 x 4 in the workshop - looked a lot darker than I expected from pictures. Ok it wasn't very light in there but my wife thought it was khaki  :wonder:

Edited by idh2013
  • Like 3

Yeah, you really must have forgotten, considering in January you said "id even consider buying one if one ever came up at the right price" after jumping on me for the comments re black and the floating roof design and FL looks. Welcome to Yeti ownership.

I did consider it so much I bought one. You had your view at the time while we were out, you said you didnt like the FL and the Black ones look like a "black blob" thats your view, hence my comments at the time where I disagreed with you said I do like Black Yetis and prefer the FL that doesn't make me wrong nor does it you, it's personal taste.  

Ironically it was you that made me want to get one, seeing how much you have said and done in yours and how well it goes, If I am honest I should have bought one instead of the Octavia so had to keep that one for a period of time before I could get rid.

At the end of the day its the same basic car and as you have proved its a very very good car.

I saw two FL Yetis yesterday as I drove back to London with the caravan on tow. I now realise the first one I overtook in Scotland must have had the DRLs switched to a low power mode or something hence they were like candles as I said before.  Both the ones I saw I bloody bright LED DRLs.  Yay.

Was playing around with the Yeti 3D Visualiser on the SUK website late last night (they've changed it again), and I happened to notice that a few colours have been added/brought back: Laser White, Pacific Blue and Shark Blue - although of the three, only Laser White appears on the Yeti Configurator.

teuchter

• Like 1

So is Laser white just another name for the metallic white? Or is it different to the launch Moon White?

If it's the visualiser I'm thinking of, and have used, it wasn't on the UK website but on the skoda-auto.com site. Have you got a link to the one you used?

As such the colours you're seeing there might not be available in the UK. Just a thought.

So is Laser white just another name for the metallic white? Or is it different to the launch Moon White?

It's non-metallic. I think it's more similar to Audi Ibis White.