What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

I give em a quick flash of the headlights and turn my indicator on when safe to do so.

Ive done it myself on the bike, ifs easy done tbf.

Also seen people pull out on people who have left their indicator on. Really dangerous tbf

There is actually a sign on my way to work to remind drivers that have just come off the motorway and through the junction that follows to cancel their indicators as there were a number of crashes at the junction about 300 yds further on due to people that hadn't cancelled them. Despite the laudable aim of the sign, the council were almost forced to remove it as it did not comply with the relevant legislation. Fortunately common sense prevailed and it is still there!

• Like 1

There is actually a sign on my way to work to remind drivers that have just come off the motorway and through the junction that follows to cancel their indicators as there were a number of crashes at the junction about 300 yds further on due to people that hadn't cancelled them. Despite the laudable aim of the sign, the council were almost forced to remove it as it did not comply with the relevant legislation. Fortunately common sense prevailed and it is still there!

I remember having heard of one roundabout in Newcastle-upon-Tyne where there used to be traffic queues every rush hour. Then the council put up signs that read "Get weaving". Lady Eleanor may know which one.

Having to divert on way to Leeds to head over the Oldham. M62 was heavy so took a gentle drive through Osset and Dewsbury to get back on M62, made a pleasant change!

Audi R8, Ferrari 355, TVR Tuscan S and a 911 cabriolet all in convoy going up the road.

In town so didn't get to hear them hitting the loud pedal.

In complete contrast to the above, a cute little 'I don't quite know what' leading me home on my commute today. Burning the odd drop of oil, right indicator barely perceptible when activated, but a complete pleasure to see, nonetheless. Two people in there, must be slimmer than me, the both of them. :)

20150611_170524-1.jpg

• Like 2

And they wonder why people pull out in front of them. *rolls eyes*

Its the reason i never trust an indicator, i always wait for em to actually slow and start turning.

Its an easy mistake to make when indicators dont self cancel. Especially if youre just starting out. After a while it just becomes habbit and you cancel without thinking tbh

Interesting!

Even if it only works for a few cars, it might of saved a few crashes over the years eh!

Interesting!

Even if it only works for a few cars, it might of saved a few crashes over the years eh!

Exactly the councils thinking and why the sign is still there to this day. If they had stuck to the letter of the law it would have had to come down and possibly a few more bumps and delays would have ensued (due to the location of the junctions in question a small bump there can cause 20-30min delays very quickly at rush hours)

You mean it got past you? N you were in a skoda?

Must try harder.

Yeah I'm afraid so, even with my driving prowess and me whipping the mighty 110 horses into a rabid frenzy, the Mclaren sailed past :( but that's what £180k will get you lol.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm afraid so, even with my driving prowess and me whipping the mighty 110 horses into a rabid frenzy, the Mclaren sailed past :( but that's what £180k will get you lol.

Ah. He musta got better drive from the tyres somehow.

Stranger things have happened i suppose.

• Like 1

Passed a Golf just now, two passengers in the front seats, both wearing what looked like full bee keeping suits, complete with net hats, with the mesh across their faces.

I can only assume they had some honey making passengers!

• Like 1

An Audiot with actually blue dipped beams and yellow foglights both on in clear but rainy conditions. Yes, I know this also makes them a fogwit, but the main point was the total mismatch!

• Like 1

An Audiot with actually blue dipped beams and yellow foglights both on in clear but rainy conditions. Yes, I know this also makes them a fogwit, but the main point was the total mismatch!

Theres a corsa round here with similar

He must think hes cool.

Looks horrendous imo

• Like 1

I met a guy getting out of his 07 Opel Ashtray recently with PINK fog light lenses and yellow main/dip lenses. looked dericulous..

• Like 2

If you want total mismatch you only need to turn to me ;) yellow fogs amber side lights white main beam :D

Hell to the yeah

0122a6d7d0c9ca67112d1d47587bcfcb.jpg

If someone mistook those for indicators and a crash resulted, what would your insurers say?

If someone mistook those for indicators and a crash resulted, what would your insurers say?

If a driver pulled out on me (regardless of if they thought my indicator was on or not) high chance is I wouldn't be at fault (not trying to make me sound like I know it all) but usually the case is always wait to see if the driver is actually turning off and not left there indicator on by mistake (a common mistake to) they aren't actually that bright during the day light and they do dim down when you turn to parking lights