What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

There was no visible failure in the resistance track on my Dad's Opel Ascona either. It may well not be the sender, but I wouldn't rule it out because it mechanically works right.

Well, what leads me to think it's not the sender -- or at least, not the resistance track on it -- is that it reads about what it should, when it works; and the rest of the time, it's dropped well and truly below the red on the gauge, as if it's got no connection.  (With my luck, though, it will turn out to be the sender... :D )

And, back onto topic;

Yes, I'm easily amused :D

t'was an Audi. Exactly which one, I don't know.

Kind of looks like an a5 but that doesn't look like a front/4wd reaction to me, although I'm no expert.

Yesterday overtaking 2 extremely heavy people in a tiny little Citroen saxo that had been doing 30 mph in a 60 only to come up on roadworks and have them right behind me.

Why did this make me smile? The driver was so mad that when he was gesticulating the car was rocking so much it looked like it was going to tip over.

Must admit I'm finding the reversing camera on mine very handy :)

What made me smile the other day was trying out my new tyres. Manual mode, 4th gear from 30 mph and floor it! 400nm of torque seems to get you up to 60mph pretty snappy!

Had to smile to myself this morning - went into town to take the dogs on the beach, looking for a parking spot, and saw a young lass in a Toyota Aygo struggling to reverse park between two cars. After 3 attempts she gave up. Looked at the gap, I knew it was going to be tight, but attempted it with the Octy estate - and got in on the first attempt - the pedestrians watching me didn't know I have the reverse camera and were yelling to me to stop........... The look on their faces when I got straight in was priceless - and I had them sold on the idea of a camera to see exactly how close you could safely get to something!

Mike

Not in a bad way, but...

I was hoping that would finish with "i got straight in first time but then had to climb out the boot as it was too tight to open the doors"

I thought it might have ended "...but the poor buggers either side of me no longer had any wriggle room get their cars out of the parking spots so had to wait till I got back from walking the dogs to be freed" :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I has following a "pimped" black RAV4 this morning, made me chuckle. It was a new shape Limited Spec but the owner had added badges to read
LIMITED PROMETHEUS ECHELON
It had stickers shaped like military drones on the rear and about six large stickers on the back window and boot that read "Rear view camera in operation"
Also about six that looked like country flags in the shape of shields.
And sticking-out red and amber reflectors stuck on the doors.
And a big chrome bumper bar. And side steps.
Each to his own and all that. But wow.

• Like 1

I saw two vans for a company which repair shopping trollies, both had continuous lines of dents down the side at trolley handle height.

it would have been even better if instead of using a key, the driver inserted a £1 coin into the door to open it 

• Like 4

Driving home on the m25 from the track day, see a bright flash light in the distance thinking wtf is that????

Drive another mile and see one of the overhead cameras flash and realise all the flashes were people being caught speeding......that made me smile :-)

Gettin a feel for the land yacht now, and gave a blast on the hammer to see what it pulls like... it pulls very very well. Makes the old octy feel like the turbo was missing in comparison...

Smile?

More like a grin so wide you could have flipped my head open!

OMG!

A picture paints....

Open Google maps and search for Bellizzi.

Pick the top one, Province of Salerno, then follow the SP164 60 miles north to Arenara!

:) :) :D

Edited by CFB

Me too

Is it an epic driving road?

That, M'Lady, is the understatement of the year!

Right up there with the Amalfi Coast road.

Italy, I love your roads, but your drivers! They are something else altogether!

• Like 1

Reversed into a space with a lamp post behind it and carefully stopped as close as I could, didn't intend for it to be quite so close, but boy was I happy with that. Looks like some others have gone 'deep' on that one :o 

30965162112_2732651ee8_h.jpg

• Like 1