What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

Met a girl today, well she sorta hit my car. No damage but a cracked plate holder btw. And, i **** you not her last name was Skoda. She introduced herself as Tivi, which i assumed was short for something, and no, it wasnt Octavia. But she was driving a Superb.

Honestly couldnt make this **** up if i tried.

Arriving back from Screwfix with some M8 25mm bolts which re-attached the FARB to the sub-frame and in turn meant I could re-attach it to the Golf. Waterpump pulley issue solved as well so engine back in this week. 

Met a girl today, well she sorta hit my car. No damage but a cracked plate holder btw. And, i **** you not her last name was Skoda. She introduced herself as Tivi, which i assumed was short for something, and no, it wasnt Octavia. But she was driving a Superb.

Honestly couldnt make this **** up if i tried

How much of a skoda enthusiast are you? Was she worth slippin a few cheeky lines n gettin her number?

On the other hand. Are you sure she didnt make it up so she doesnt have to get an insurance claim?

"I was hit by skoda"

"And who was driving?"

"Skoda, skoda was driving"

"No sir, thats the car, whats the drivers name?"

• Like 1

Driving South down the M5 this morning, all three lanes had traffic and everyone around 70-75.... anyway a chav in a Citroen C3 came tearing through the traffic undertaking, cutting people up and general dangerous driving.

Within 5 minutes of him passing I see the lights of an undercover cop smashing it down the outside lane. Both me and the missus looked at each other and laughed saying how funny it would be if we saw the **** in the C3 pulled over.... what would you know not 10 miles later there they are both, cop and chav sharing a moment in time at the side of the motorway :rofl:

• Like 1

Driving South down the M5 this morning, all three lanes had traffic and everyone around 70-75.... anyway a chav in a Citroen C3 came tearing through the traffic undertaking, cutting people up and general dangerous driving.

Within 5 minutes of him passing I see the lights of an undercover cop smashing it down the outside lane. Both me and the missus looked at each other and laughed saying how funny it would be if we saw the **** in the C3 pulled over.... what would you know not 10 miles later there they are both, cop and chav sharing a moment in time at the side of the motorway :rofl:

C3 not a C2?  It's usually C2s driven by that gang; the C3s by their Gran  :D

• Like 1

Watching The twit on the "sports" bike that was 16cm from my back end get even more irritated when I overtook the car that was holding me up straight after the oncoming traffic so he couldn't get past first then disappear backwards as soon as I came to the next corner.

C3 not a C2?  It's usually C2s driven by that gang; the C3s by their Gran  :D

Nope, C3 for sure as I commented to my missus that he didn't even have the DS3 Racing :D

This was a baseball-cap wearing thug type :P

Nope, C3 for sure as I commented to my missus that he didn't even have the DS3 Racing :D

This was a baseball-cap wearing thug type :p

Nicked it then to be inconspicuous!

• Like 1

Going through Guildford this afternoon, I was in the wrong lane, so ended up blocking the car behind me, he spent the next few minutes honking his horn and waving trying to get me to move out of his way, I would've done my bit and moved had he not had his mobile clamped to his ear. [emoji2][emoji2]

the blind guy in Bolton who was more aware of his surroundings that the idiot driver near him who nearly mowed him down. He stepped back from the kerb so quick it was quite funny whilst the car driver headed towards the back of a bus....

Going through Guildford this afternoon, I was in the wrong lane, so ended up blocking the car behind me, he spent the next few minutes honking his horn and waving trying to get me to move out of his way, I would've done my bit and moved had he not had his mobile clamped to his ear. [emoji2][emoji2]

Gotta love a Road Captain.

Driving through the Peak District (A628?).

Fantastic scenery, got stuck behind a tractor and didn't even care as it just gave more time to take in the scenery.

Certainly made up for the hour an a half stuck in traffic getting around Manchester :)

Had to smile in amazement at the Audi A5 coming out of Derby this evening, 75 - 80mph with a space saver fitted to one rear wheel.. Amazed that he did not see the orange warning stickers on it.

• Like 1

Had to smile in amazement at the Audi A5 coming out of Derby this evening, 75 - 80mph with a space saver fitted to one rear wheel.. Amazed that he did not see the orange warning stickers on it.

Some people are just mad. I was once overtaken by an late model e-class with a space saver fitted. I was driving the same car so I knew the wheel was rated for max 90 KPH, I had the cruise control on 130 KPH and he overtook me. Reckon he was doing at least 10 more.

Though I gotta admit, one helluva peace of engineering, that tire.

Edited by DaKKs_152

Trundling round an old mine tip in a somewhat aged Land Rover giving a couple of guys who work for a utility company some basic off-road training.  The sun was shining, the birdies were singing and we were having fun and getting paid for it!

What more could we want?

I pulled in to a lay by, behind an Irish LGV, to sort out my paperwork and have a quick wet, before going back to the depot.

Left the car running, to keep the air-con running, and noticed in my rear view mirror another LGV pulling in behind me, and realised that I was a bit generous with my parking and that his trailer would only just fit. So, I just put the car in gear and eased forward to give him room.

Went back to completing the papers, when there was a tap on my window, which made me jump half out of my skin, and a big bloke standing there.. It turned out to be the driver of the new lorry, who just wanted to say thanks for giving him the extra road.

Made me smile, a simple thing to be thanked for, but I guess there are some decent guys still around.

• Like 2

Having taken up commuting on cycle and train I don't get so much chance to see the sights of the highway, but passing under J13 of the M6 to see the stationary traffic I wasn't sat in made me smile. Hugely. 

A lad in a black corsa, bodykit and loud exhaust giving the lad in the guy next to him in a Fiesta ST the "when the lights change" nod.

Corsa revs, revs revs, lights change and the ST is gone and his 1.2 at best corsa trundles along with a lot of noise but not much else.  Amused the girls at the bus stop.

• Like 1

Went whizzing up the slip road off the M61 onto the A666 on my way to work. Must have saved about 10 minutes of sitting in standing traffic.