Yeti XL for China (+60mm) incl. new facelift photos

RapidRonnie

You will earn the wrath of the moderators for daring to do another thread on the FL.   :giggle:

Clearly shows the twin halogen light option (sans LED DRL) I predicted for the lower models too.

123232027.jpg

Though in saying that, and in knowing that the Xenon lights in the bottom version above has the LED DRL strip at the bottom, I wonder what the inner lights do on the Xenon versions?

Where are the indicators located?

Same as the FL Superb: to the outer edges of the main headlights in the three grooves there.  A bit hidden in the photos above but clearer in the one below:

uglc.jpg

• Like 1

Yes,it was said that the car isone of models of Yeti made by SVW ,which is one of loal Joint ventures of VAG.it has a length of 4275mm  ,  width of 1793mm  , height of 1682mm ,  wheelbase of 2638mm .
 According to reports first model of Yeti is equipped with a 1.8TSI engine and a 6-speed auto gearbox,  will be released in upcoming weeks ,while the l.4TSI  models will  follow up later in this year.

Though in saying that, and in knowing that the Xenon lights in the bottom version above has the LED DRL strip at the bottom, I wonder what the inner lights do on the Xenon versions?

In my Tiguan they are used as cornering lights in a similar way to having the fog lights as cornering lights.

In my Tiguan they are used as cornering lights in a similar way to having the fog lights as cornering lights.

Ah thanks for that...  That sounds plausible indeed.

Or they are standard xenon headlights (dipped only) and not bi-xenon (dipped and main beam) and therefore the inner light is (non-xenon) main beam.

Or as per the Superb with bi-xenon headlights, it still has the inner lights for the flash function (as bi-xenon isn't very good for main beam 'flash') and they also come on with main beam in conjunction with the bi-xenon projectors for additional light output...

• Like 1

Or they are standard xenon headlights (dipped only) and not bi-xenon (dipped and main beam) and therefore the inner light is (non-xenon) main beam.

Or as per the Superb with bi-xenon headlights, it still has the inner lights for the flash function (as bi-xenon isn't very good for main beam 'flash') and they also come on with main beam in conjunction with the bi-xenon projectors for additional light output...

Ah ok...  I hope it is as per the Superb and that the Bi-Xenons I have now don't regress to mere Xenons with halogon high beam!  Eeck.  I won't like that.  The all singing and dancing Superb set up (though a doubling up and thus using more power surely?) is the one I'd want.

That direct face shot is quite striking.  Much more aggressive than what you can make out from the official Skoda CGI photos.... looks good but as a prospective Skoda Yeti buyer (and I need to be quick) I'm not sure whether I like the current model more...

That confirms that the "Outdoor" gets the unpainted sills, etc., whereas the plain "Yeti" (we've been calling the Urban) gets the full paint treatment.

Thoroughly revised ŠKODA Yeti – now in two design variations

The launch of a revised version on Frankfurt International Motor Show gives a new impulse to the Yeti model range. This popular compact SUV will be available in two design variations from now on. While the model called simply Yeti was designed in the rhythm of a big city, the Yeti Outdoor is playing the adventurous note. In substantial reworking, both variations received all new front and rear parts. The “city” Yeti has also body-coloured bumpers, side protective mouldings and door sill, while the Outdoor variation has these parts made of black plastic.

In both variations, the ŠKODA Yeti will grab attention with its wide configuration options. For both variations, there are seven different engines available; the option of front wheel drive or all wheel drive with fifth generation Haldex coupling; manual transmissions, or DSG dual-clutch gearboxes. Besides that, the model comes with new designs of light alloy wheels, new interior design features, like steering wheels, new seat fabrics or decorative trim pieces. And there are technical innovations, too: as a first ŠKODA car, the Yeti can be equipped with a parking camera.

„ŠKODA Yeti is doing great not only in the showrooms, but also on the roads or in rough terrain,” says Werner Eichhorn, member of the ŠKODA board member for the sales and marketing. “In its revised form, the ŠKODA Yeti is now even more attractive and versatile. This way, we want to strengthen our market positions even further.”

After downloading the app for iOS/android one has to go to the news section and look at the article "SKODA Auto brings two world premieres to Frankfurt"

Along with the new images there is a bit of interesting stuff in the write up too. It seems the "city" version will be called just "YETI" and the outdoor one will be called "YETI OUTDOOR". It also says that both versions will come with 7 engine options.

Guys really don't bother.  I got the app went to the news section and the only two "new" pics there are same old CGI images I posted ages ago.  Grrr.

• Like 2

Guys really don't bother.  I got the app went to the news section and the only two "new" pics there are same old CGI images I posted ages ago.  Grrr.

they did released two new CGI images taken from different angles with the report yesterday,but now those pics replaced by some older pics. :wonder: 

they did released two new CGI images taken from different angles with the report yesterday,but now those pics replaced by some older pics. :wonder:

Not to worry.  The Frankfurt motor show is about a week away (I'll be there on the 14th and 15th) and we will get plenty of official photos soon.

• Like 3

Not to worry.  The Frankfurt motor show is about a week away (I'll be there on the 14th and 15th) and we will get plenty of official photos soon.

Never mind the official photos Johann, I shall await yours as you know what we are all interested in. :thumbup:

Fred

• Like 1

Just get them up before the 19th :sweat:? , or I will have to wait 2 weeks to see them  :no:  :no:  :'( , I will be in the Cuba and it would take a day to load the photos with the speed of the internet over there :giggle: