bargain windscreen wipers

Woo7dy

I've got exactly the same problem on my 2012 Vrs Octy hatch lights are factory xenons but they are only dipped beam. As you have said full beam is terrible Probably made to look even worse by the fact that I have xenons on dipped. So could you tell me what bulbs you got to replace the dull full beam ones and the best place to get them from

Thanks in advance

Paul

Read above thats what this whole page is about H1's there is a link to them a bit further up this page.

Hey no worries Bigboy (that feels weird writing that...!) Here's the link, few pennies cheaper now!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0047N0B0A

Defo worth a tenner, lots of good reviews as I researched them for a while and compared to Philips but they get about the same reviews but Osram are whiter and almost half the price.

Good luck :) If you buy and confused about fitment let me know, it's easy once you know how!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered and fitted a new rear using code VM252. After 6 years the original wiper was rusting and needed replacement. £ 5 inc delivery a bargain. 30 seconds to remove old one and fit new.  Will see how it performs the forecast rain.

After my initial praise, I'm really not enjoying these wipers now :( First bit of proper rain and they really are so noisy. It's as if they're too tight to the screen, something's not right! See here:

It's A LOT noisier in the car! Must be noted a rear seat passenger filmed this. It's just as they get to the bottom of their sweep nearest the bonnet, unsure of both blades or just one.

Anyone else experiencing this? Could it be something else other than the wipers? Hhhhmmmmmm...

After my initial praise, I'm really not enjoying these wipers now :( First bit of proper rain and they really are so noisy. It's as if they're too tight to the screen, something's not right! See here:

It's A LOT noisier in the car! Must be noted a rear seat passenger filmed this. It's just as they get to the bottom of their sweep nearest the bonnet, unsure of both blades or just one.

Anyone else experiencing this? Could it be something else other than the wipers? Hhhhmmmmmm...

Same here. Just at the top and bottom of the sweep

Can sometimes happen on brand new wipers, until they bed in.

You could try cleaning the edge of the blade with glass cleaner (or vinegar) to see if that helps the noise.

Not had chance to try mine yet, so can't comment personally. They're fitted but I've not been out in the rain! I also have the screen treated with Aquapel, making the glass smoother as a result. So not expecting this issue on mine *fingers crossed*

• 2 weeks later...

After my initial praise, I'm really not enjoying these wipers now :( First bit of proper rain and they really are so noisy. It's as if they're too tight to the screen, something's not right! See here:http://youtu.be/pnGFd6XzPlgIt's A LOT noisier in the car! Must be noted a rear seat passenger filmed this. It's just as they get to the bottom of their sweep nearest the bonnet, unsure of both blades or just one.Anyone else experiencing this? Could it be something else other than the wipers? Hhhhmmmmmm...

Only recently have had to use my new blades at a regular usage and I too have an annoying "squeak" at the top of the sweep.... PITA

As said earlier in this thread, cheap wiper blades are simply false economy. Buy proper Bosch ones and you won't have any problems.

Mike

As said earlier in this thread, cheap wiper blades are simply false economy. Buy proper Bosch ones and you won't have any problems.

Mike

I know there not Bosch standard however Valeo are a half decent manufacturer and even the cheapest stuff from wilkos doesn't squeak immediately 

I reckon it might be down to the cleanliness and general smoothness of people's windscreens :)

I've found Valeo to be as good as Bosch wipers in the past, FWIW.

• 2 months later...

Steve, you can just click "follow this topic" near the top of the page, on the right, under the advert. If you don't want notifications just untick the box.

Then to see all your saved threads you just click on your name on the top right of the page, and click "content i follow".

I follow all sorts of threads in the hope they will be helpful in the future. :happy:

• Like 1