Why is it so hard to buy a new car ?

I have been looking for a Citigo to replace my Octavia because I now do hardly any miles and I fancied a new car.

I booked a test drive in a Citigo at Hayselden's Doncaster, I attended at the alloted time and...I stood around in the showroom and had to go into the Sales Manager's office to get any attention...everyone else was on their 'phones.(I checked in a mirror to see if I was invisible) The service gent was particularly unhelpful he was the only person there who wasn't preoccupied on a ' phone.he...pointed to a salesman who was on a 'phone.

After the very short test drive I was given a derisory quote what my car was worth by a salesman who knew very little about his product.(After waiting for a further 30 minutes in the showroom)

I am keeping my Octavia.

• Like 1

Cheapest car is the one you own.

I've looked for other cars off and on for 3yr and I keep thinking they offer pretty poor value compared to the VRS I have.

• Like 4

Good morning Mr T,

I’m contacting you this morning after receiving your e-mail yesterday and having the Briskoda post that you’ve written brought to my attention.

I have spoken with the team and listened to their view of events and perhaps unsurprisingly it does differ somewhat from your experience.

The two Sales Executives I had in on Thursday afternoon were admittedly preoccupied. Kirsty was engaged with the appointment that she’d previously mentioned to you during the earlier phone call you made whilst Darren was on a phone call to a customer. The chap you spoke to, Kevin, is not the Sales Manager, he’s a Fleet Sales Executive who tells me he knows you from days gone by? He was surprised to hear of your complaint and both he and Darren who then too you for a test drive have said that you were waiting for no more than 3 or 4 minutes whilst Darren wrapped up his phone call.

The reason for me replying to you however is not to argue the facts. Whether my team agree with your version of events or not doesn’t change your opinion of how you were dealt with. As a company, Hayselden always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations and deliver the best level of service each and every time. Clearly in this case we have failed to achieve this goal and as a result there are learnings to be taken from this so I appreciate the feedback.

Whether you have actually ordered a car elsewhere as you say in your e-mail, or whether you are keeping your Octavia as you say on this forum is irrelevant to me really. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter with you and assure you that I have had in-depth discussions with the team with a view of eradicating the chance of repeat experiences.

I’m sorry that you have left us with such a sour taste in your mouth and if there is anything else you would like to share with me or the Briskoda community then please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Martin Perry - Sales Manager

HAYSELDEN SKODA

YORK ROAD | DONCASTER | DN5 8AN

@HayseldenSkodaDoncaster

Now this will escalate into a argument of who said what and IMO totally unhelpful. I also don't think it was a good idea to reply on here in the tone you have, as you are replying to him personally, and in response on some part to a private email..

If it was me i wouldn't appreciate your lengthy response on a public form..

Just my opinion..

s

Edited by sly200sx
  • Like 1

Agree with John here Sly. Not up to us to decided what is useful.

The cynic in me would say that the dealership is trying to protect the reputation but optimistically it's great that a dealership is aware of the forum and happy to take a active part in it.

I do find it entertaining that complaints can get an embellishment to up the ante when making complains to companies.

I visited 2 dealerships during our hunt for our new car and the experience couldn't have been different. You vote with your feet.

• Like 1

@norco 

+1 on your comment. At the end of the day "we" the Briskoda community are the middlemen and women. Someone posts there version and another will post there's We're here not to judge but to listen and supply non judgemental feedback.

I posted this thread as I was disappointed with the service I recieved whilst trying to buy a Citigo. I have in the past praised service I have recieved, for instance the excellent Deutsche Mark independent VAG saervicing in Doncaster.

Let's not argue Sir Alex Fergusonesque  about how many minutes I was left waiting suffice to say I was sufficiently disappointed to put keypad to paper.

You infer I'm not being entirely honest...I am keeping my Octavia and will be having a Citigo, trading in Mrs Monkster's Toyota....obviously not with yourselves.

I note this had to be brought to your attention, if I was a sales manager I would be scanning all the owners forums as part of my job.I'm sure whoever brought this to your attention will show you how it's done.

Monkster.

• Like 1

I went from an Octavia tdi to a Citigo Sport and I think it's the best thing I've done. I love that little Citigo :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Ah yes i remember your dilemma stormchaser.....glad you sorted it buddy.....

• Like 1

I've walked out of many showrooms in the past 22 years.

Recently I bought a 1 year old Mitsubishi.  Went for a rest drive on a Sunday, the MD was walking around handing out business cards with his mobile and email details - I'd never seen that before. He said that he had just bought the franchise so if there were any problems to call him.

On their website

http://www.mitsubishileeds.co.uk/pages/why-luscombe

A word from the boss – Robin Luscombe
  • “My aim is to change the landscape of the car business with the help of my people. I believe in looking after my employees and they will in turn look after my customers.”
  • “It's important to me that my team enjoy their work and that together we create an enjoyable working environment. I want to help my team plan and build their lives, their families and achieve their ambitions”
  • “I want my business to be successful and be recognised as a great place to spend your money”

“I really believe that it is only through dealing honestly with customers that we can earn their trust and loyalty - that is my ultimate aim”.

Please feel free to contact me anytime, email me at [email protected] or my mobile 07984 647938.

We bought the car. Had a few warranty issues but the MD answered emails out of hours and eventually sorted out the problems.

What a refreshing change.

Edited by Web Ferret
  • Like 1

another satisfied customer of Deutsche Mark independent VAG saervicing in Doncaster, I've known Mark for years now even before he bought the business and his knowledge on German cars is 2nd to non!

I bought my Blackline used from Hayseldens back in January when it was 10 weeks old, I wanted to buy a new one but was told there were non left, I was gutted so bought mine anyway as I always wanted a new vRS and this was as close as I was likely to get. I was very happy with customer care etc, but after I bought it all I kept reading on these forums were of people finding brand new unregistered Blacklines all over the country, I felt cheated to be honest and gutted especially after paying new price for a used one!!

Mark.

• Like 1

I've never known a sales manager say that it's irrelevant to them whether a potential customer bought a car elsewhere before.

Personally if it was me, even if I didn't necessarily agree with the version of events portrayed I would take it on the chin and stick to the usual "we are sorry that on this occasion we didn't meet our own high standards of customer service....".