Skoda Fabia monte carlo Alloy change?

Hi,

been ages since I've posted on here due to me not having a Skoda for a while but required a more sensible car  :giggle:

(mpg)

Since buying my Monte i swore i wasn't going to do anything (lasted a bout 2 months)

so after a revo remap, debadge, wind deflectors, 40mm H&R lowering springs here i am..... lol

I'm looking to change the standard 17” 'Trinity' alloys for 18" ones to fill the arch even better.

Couple of questions really....

looking at octavia Neptune VRS Alloys -  7.5J X 18" - Will these  fit??? Same fitment???

also - http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/calibre/motion-2/black-red/18-inch

I dont think 8jx18 wheels will fit due to it being lowered on the arches hence looking at 7.5j

if anyone knows anyone that has done this already on here please point me in there direction  :think:

Any help\ advise would be greatly appreciated  :kiss:

cheer

Willo

Edited by willovrs

Bigger wheels won't fill the arches better, unless you fit bigger rubber, then your speedo will be out.

To keep that in, you'd have to fit 35 profile rubber, looking even more rubber band than the 17", but the arches wouldn't be filled more, just filled with more wheel and less rubber.

Don't think either fit. Your monte is 5/100 fitment, where as the octy is 5/112. And the others are 8 stud.

I'm sure the 8 studs are multi fitment... i.e. 4x100 + 4x108

You will need to keep the overall rolling radius the same as mentioned above though.

I reckon some BBS ch replicas on a 4x100 stud pattern would look mean be them 17" or 18"

Linky: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fabia+2+bbs+ch&rlz=1C1GGGE_en-gbGB551GB551&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fgtYUrjcHajt0gWGoYCYCQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1099&dpr=1#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=tvKwonUHl3vlLM%3A%3B1BYEPUoXWXfCSM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi17.photobucket.com%252Falbums%252Fb78%252Fl-y-k%252FSkoda_Fabia_Combi.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.briskoda.net%252Fforums%252Ftopic%252F204053-ad-lavs-vrs-page-2-buying-bbs-ch-maybe%252Fpage-2%3B1071%3B428

Appreciate the comments guys thanks, i was also looking at 205/45 tyres to fill the gap slightly.

I know the speedo will be slightly out but i think the look will be better  :happy:

I didnt go with coilovers purely for the fact i couldn't justify spending over £400 on adjustable ones.

Just hated the big gap in the arch!

anything anyone else can think of to sort the gap?

those BBS ones look great (any links?), ideally want to keep with the black theme alloy.

The thing i'm more worried about is because the car is dropped 40mm i dont want any arch work or have to worry  about rubbing hence avoiding 8J alloys.

The suspension geometry is designed around a specific size rolling radius, change that and not only will your speedo be out, plus any computer data involving any calculations of wheel speed, but the forces in all of the suspension and hub parts will change. It will even technically make your brakes worse as the moment force provided by the wheel will increase.

In my opinion increasing overall wheel size = bad times.

Just google BBS ch replicas or browse some online alloy wheel shops, try eBay even?

Edited by MattGreen

The Fabia is 5x100 fitment, not 4x100.  So a 4 stud won't fit, neither will an 8 stud (two different 4 stud fits).

The 205/45 rubber on 18" wheels will put the speedo out by a lot.

Standard is 205/40/17 - you generally drop a profile size for each step size up in alloys, so going up a size and up a side profile would be a double step - maybe 10% out?

I think people on here have threads on what they did to lower the car and reduce the gap - beyond my area of expertise, but presumably the springs need to be shorter?  I guess you'd also need to be aware of rubbing with bigger wheels on the same profile (or bigger profile) rubber.  If you then reduce the clearance, that coul dbe even worse - you end up with a slammed Fabia, but youu can't go around bends!!

Good luck with it.  It already sounds fun with the lowering kit and remap.

The Fabia is 5x100 fitment, not 4x100.  So a 4 stud won't fit, neither will an 8 stud (two different 4 stud fits).

Oh yeah... sorry for the bad info willo. Of course you will need to search for a 5 bolt pattern. *slaps own forehead*

Having said that, those wheels are also available in 5x100 / 5x110 so would still fit in that guise.

Edited by MattGreen

If you were to be changing tyres on that size of rims, then some brands of 215/40 17 will look slightly better,

but do not take for granted that all 215's are actually larger than 205's.

Depending on the 205/45 17's i think you are going to be going too big and notice the 3.4% increase in total diameter.

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator.

george

Thinking outside the box a bit, would non-black wheels give the illusion of filling your arches better?

Looking at the picture black wheels, with black tyres, and black arch trims make it appear to me like the arch is bigger than it is.

Maybe see if someone can Photoshop your wheels a different (lighter) colour and see how they look. You may not need to go bigger.

Just a thought.

Car looks good though buddy.

This thread will give some idea of look. Obviously there is not the Black Wheel arch trims.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/231359-lowering-options-mk2-fabia-vrs

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/220311-monte-carlo-running-on-16-audi-speedlines-for-winter

There is a Scottish member with a vRS lowered and on 18's, i bought his black 17's from him.

(Tyres stretched)

He lowered it more i believe after this picture.

• 1 year later...

Hi i don't have any ideas in regard to decreasing the wheel space gap other than to use 20inch q7 alloys if they'd work. But i was wondering if you where selling your current monte carlo alloys and if so how much ?

Thanks John 

Thinking outside the box a bit, would non-black wheels give the illusion of filling your arches better?

Looking at the picture black wheels, with black tyres, and black arch trims make it appear to me like the arch is bigger than it is.

Maybe see if someone can Photoshop your wheels a different (lighter) colour and see how they look. You may not need to go bigger.

Just a thought.

Car looks good though buddy.

I've gone down the route of 18" and that was a complete ball ache, happy with the 17" with anthracite wheels, like you say the arches looked more filled with the different colour wheels.

DSC_0050_zps8025fb81.jpg

IMG_20130901_133308_zpss0e6thkh.jpg

I've gone down the route of 18" and that was a complete ball ache, happy with the 17" with anthracite wheels, like you say the arches looked more filled with the different colour wheels.

DSC_0050_zps8025fb81.jpg

IMG_20130901_133308_zpss0e6thkh.jpg

Just incase you didnt realise..

That post was from a year ago mate