Speeding tickets...AGAIN!

InkedMuttley

One excellent example of WHY any mail to DVLA should be sent recorded . That way .you might have had a dated signature from DVLA, proving that you were RK on dates ,and that NIP failed the14 day rule. Of course ,there's legal precedant that mail sent 1st class can be presumed to have been recieved in a set number of days .That might be worth a look

( BTW -IANAL).As said ,by others- PEPPIPOO might be worth an ask .But BEWARE what you say on open forum ,as there's a nasty troller who seeks out info on there to discredit defendants if a case comes to court ( Known as an ex SCP employee of Cumbria).

No they are most definitely not,

this is a bizzare thread. Should be titled "I've done wrong but would quite like to get away with it!"

And as for handing the keys over to someone else. Maybe they would realise the vehicle and conditions and take this into account before encountering "massive under steer"

If I was you I'd lock this before it gets any worse

Okay I don't know if it's the same training in your part of the world but I do know that when I was taught the course it was taught to me by a police driving instructor and I was told by him that the training given would be the same as that taught to a police response driver and the same certification.

Quote:

Edexcel / IHCD Ambulance Combined Driver Training Programme (D1+D2)

The D1 is the first five days and qualfies you to drive ambulance vehicles on non-emergency duties, such as patient transport.

The D2 follows on from the D1, which you must achieve first. It focuses on the advanced driving techniques required to drive ambulance vehicles on emergency duties whilst claiming exemptions to road traffic law, so-called "blue light driving". It takes a further 10 days.

Sounds like the same Course that St John does, and the modern equivalent of what I did some years ago.

Exactly that, this is whom I am employed by/volunteer with to carry out said duties.

Don't take it as national flame InkedMuttley day.

I don't take it as that the majority of responses have been quite helpful, but I feel that Zoidberg did treat it as just that, "Flame Muttley day" with him picking fault with my driving which he did so by first picking fault with my speedo, then my defective vehicle, then the fact that I have been stopped by the police and so on and so forth.

The fact of the matter is YES, I realise I'm in the wrong by doing 35mph in a 30mph zone due to defective speedo cable, YES I chose to drive a defective vehicle to get to work because they were understaffed and needed an extra driver. I admit I've made mistakes, as we all do. From day one we are taught and sometimes in the most brutal of ways that driving is probably the hardest lesson to learn and we learn every day...A friend for that matter, had been driving for years and years, was qualified to every known certification you could get with driving. He was still seriously injured in a crash and was paralysed from the waist down...We never fully learn, there is always improvements to be made etc.

So if you're still reading this Zoidberg FYI: I was wrong to drive the car in that state, I admit I was over the speed limit, I have had my license 5 years without any previous hint of a speeding ticket, yes I'm certified to a higher standard than most drivers but it doesn't rule me out from the fact that I have actually made a mistake which we all do.

If you still wish to give me a lecture then from this point I shall treat it as nothing more than an opportunity to insult me.

According to one of your previous posts, You been driving around since 19th September with a vehicle that doesn't have a working speedometer. So that's nearly 4 weeks, but yet you still continue to drive it. A day or 2 maybe, but 4 weeks is seriously extracting the urine. As for your training,doesn't matter if it is a police driving instructor,he will only train to the actual requirements that you need, not to his level of training. If I follow your logic of thinking, during my training in the army,I was trained by several Paras and commando engineers, does that make a commando or a para,because I was trained by one. No it doesn't as they trained me to certain level suitable to my role as a basic soldier/engineer.

If you can't get the right cable for your car,are you still going to continue driving your car on the public highway?

If you can't get the right cable for your car,are you still going to continue driving your car on the public highway?

If you care to read the full post you will find that the cable was replaced a couple of days after the camera flashed me, albeit a slight bodge but it has been checked with a sat nav in the car and my speedo is correct and does actually work.

So for future reference: My car has a working speedo, all 4 tyres have at least 5mm of tread on them, my brakes work both in emergency stop situation and normal braking, my steering works fine, my horn works, my headlights, tail lights, indicators and every other lights work, I have no warning lights on the dashboard that are illuminated, I have a spare tyre with 7mm of tread on it that is correctly inflated and has no cracks in it, I also have good brake lines, my petrol tank and cap is secure, my exhaust is in perfect condition, my shock absorbers are all functioning as they should and I have no broken springs, I also have a valid MOT until August 13th 2014.

Now...Does anybody else want to pick fault with my car?

OK Chaps, how about we give him a bit of slack now? He is a newbie after all and has had quite a lot of stick for basically being (too) honest (with us) when he could have just kept to the basic facts surrounding the issue of the NIP and we'd been none the 'wiser'.

If we step back and take a breath how many of us have gone through the 14 day 'did I, didn't I, will they, won't they' wait? I know I have and it's not pleasant and the sigh of relief on day 15 was quite a big one. Granted it wasn't because of problems with my car but we all come from different walks of life and live under different circumstances which is why the forum is as successful as it is and we can't all drive new cars.  :thumbup:

• Like 4

It's a Skoda, but neither me or anyone on here will hold that against you  :D  :bandit:

Think some people don't like the fact it's not a newer Skoda hence flaming me. I admit I was a **** by trying to guesstimate my speed but it was a must that I drove the car in that state, I've never been in trouble with the law and have never had a speeding ticket so some of their arguments are more of an insult than anything worthwhile!

End of the day I've admitted my mistakes that should be the end of it but no some people like to continually pick fault!

If you care to read the full post you will find that the cable was replaced a couple of days after the camera flashed me, albeit a slight bodge but it has been checked with a sat nav in the car and my speedo is correct and does actually work.

So for future reference: My car has a working speedo, all 4 tyres have at least 5mm of tread on them, my brakes work both in emergency stop situation and normal braking, my steering works fine, my horn works, my headlights, tail lights, indicators and every other lights work, I have no warning lights on the dashboard that are illuminated, I have a spare tyre with 7mm of tread on it that is correctly inflated and has no cracks in it, I also have good brake lines, my petrol tank and cap is secure, my exhaust is in perfect condition, my shock absorbers are all functioning as they should and I have no broken springs, I also have a valid MOT until August 13th 2014.

Now...Does anybody else want to pick fault with my car?

Are the seats bolted down properly?

;)

OK Chaps, how about we give him a bit of slack now? He is a newbie after all and has had quite a lot of stick for basically being (too) honest (with us) when he could have just kept to the basic facts surrounding the issue of the NIP and we'd been none the 'wiser'.

If we step back and take a breath how many of us have gone through the 14 day 'did I, didn't I, will they, won't they' wait? I know I have and it's not pleasant and the sigh of relief on day 15 was quite a big one. Granted it wasn't because of problems with my car but we all come from different walks of life and live under different circumstances which is why the forum is as successful as it is and we can't all drive new cars.  :thumbup:

Thankyou! At least someone has an ounce of understanding!

That depends. ........... what colour is it? ;)

Bright purple! Actually no it's a SilverLine...So silver.

• Like 1

Are the seats bolted down properly?

;)

They are indeed...Admitted i did find a bolt that had worked itself loose on the passenger seat which I have replaced, there's also no rot in the areas prescribed in the MOT and all seatbelt mountings are present, secure & correct :rofl:

As for massive understeer it's on a 60mph road, and is a sweeping bend and it was in the wet...If you'd like to drive said 20-year old vehicle around the same bend, I'll happily pass you my keys and see if you can do any better.

It is called a "speed limit" not a "speed target". You were obviously, in this instance, driving beyond what the conditions of the road would allow.

• Like 2

It is called a "speed limit" not a "speed target". You were obviously, in this instance, driving beyond what the conditions of the road would allow.

Another...Please if you have nothing useful to say - Jog on.

My driving is not under questioning I know how to drive and know how to get myself out of a situation what was the question was my speed. This matter should be resolved but yet again another one picking fault and I'm getting tired of it if you haven't got anything useful to say please do just go and find someone else to annoy or better still go and play in the road.

God damn you'd think none of you have ever driven a ****ter before now.

I know I've driven cars in a bit of state before now. Present bag of crap included.

My car is not a ****ter, it's done 52,000 miles from new (with documentation) has been maintained all its life at proper intervals and has always been repaired with brand new genuine parts (as the receipts in my service pack will prove)

The speedo cable failed due to it being a fragile component because of age and the temperatures under a bonnet and eventually failed because of a ham-fisted mechanic not disconnecting it properly at the gearbox when it came out.

Another...Please if you have nothing useful to say - Jog on.

My driving is not under questioning I know how to drive and know how to get myself out of a situation what was the question was my speed. This matter should be resolved but yet again another one picking fault and I'm getting tired of it if you haven't got anything useful to say please do just go and find someone else to annoy or better still go and play in the road.

Well, you obviously don't understand the difference between "limit" and "target" and in doing so you present yourself as a danger to yourself and to others on the road, and seem quite proud of it as well.

Your speed would have been the major contributory factor in your under-steer too.Something else you obviously fail to understand.

Seems that, despite your claims of "police-level" training, you have a problem with speed and speeding, now complete with an official endorsement to show for it.

Let us hope that the speed awareness course sticks more than what you believe you have been trained in before.

Still, it could affect your insurance next time round too:

http://www.gocompare.com/car-insurance/speed-awareness-courses/

Specifically:

Do I have to inform my insurers?

While the successful completion of a speed awareness course does mean you've side-stepped a physical driving conviction, your insurance company still need to be made aware of this development as you broke the Road Traffic Act.

........something I suspect you'll be reluctant to do

It sounds to me that when you were stopped by the police previously they were referring to the Insurance details being in your name - not the registration details (both these can/are checked at the roadside, hence when the NIP was sent out it would still be addressed to the registered keeper, not the insured driver.

The ROSPA course I went on before that was taught to me to police response standard by an ex-police officer...Question me all you like.

Dare I ask the name of the ex-police officer? There are a few out there locally and not all of the same standards or ability with some using more poetic licence with their history and experience than others.

• Like 1

Actually, driving instructors DO treat the speed limit as a target, and ******* you if you drive too slowly.

I'm *really* sure your driving instructor would be telling you to be doing 60 on a bend in the rain to the point at which the car would loose traction and become a danger to others on the road. If that's the target that driving instructors are aiming to achieve, then there's little wonder that new drivers are such a risk on the roads.

• Like 1