Your Favourite Part of the Citigo

NatD

Hello,

My Name is Nathan and my first car will be the Skoda Citigo SE (60) 3 Door  which will arrive at the end of this week!

I'm really excited for it's arrival because I haven't had the liberty of being able to sit in one and get a feel for it but I have watched just about every YouTube video out there on the car it's self.

I hope to get the PID at around Christmas time if I can afford it to do a little exploring of the country along with my girlfriend but I was wondering, What is your favourite part of the Citigo? whether it be the feel of it when driving or a certain feature, I'm captivated to know!

Hard to single out just one thing for me...

Personally its the whole package.

I love the perky engine and the little rasp it makes

I also love the chunky feel to the steering wheel and the slick gearchange...

Also love how the chassis feels solid around you for a little car and the exceptional ride

I love the rear end view of it the most (see pic)

P1000305_zps1611a20f.jpg

but it looks good from all angles as well :)

Love the economy

Love how quickly the engine warms up

Love the low insurance/tax

Love how much fun it is to drive...and all at legal speeds :thumbup:

Basically, its everything

Sorry I cant pin it down to one for you lol

Enjoy it when you get it, and a great first car to own

Cheers

Damo

• Like 3

Can't wait to get a true feel for it, Still have to pass my test first though! If it is anything like the Fabia Monte Carlo that I have been learning in then I will most certainly love it!

And I didn't actually know that FREEDOM, Very nice!

I was wondering, while driving economically, Do you seem to get 60 MPG or close to it or have Skoda over exaggerated it slightly? If so then it will be great for me being a student with very low income! 

I was wondering, while driving economically, Do you seem to get 60 MPG or close to it or have Skoda over exaggerated it slightly? If so then it will be great for me being a student with very low income! 

Hi NatD, wife has one and drives the worst runs possible - school runs, supermarket runs, stop/start traffic etc. We see 50mpg at worst, usually around 53mpg average. Hope this is the worst case example for you :)

• Administrators

The tax disc ;)

After that I am liking the small factor and it's quite easy to maintain momentum in the bends. It's pretty much rained since I got it and it's on ECO bakerlite tyres. 

The rasp of the exhaust is quite nice, although I think it's more inside the cabin than out, handy as thats where I'm sat.

On my short runs, I've in a city built in seven valleys. I have to cross 2 hills to get to any client, I see low 50's from cold < 20 min journeys. Once I break out I'm up to the expected norms, but the hills are killing the long goal. All I know is it's costing me less to run each day than the superb ever did.

I'm going to bulk buy some boot lights though, I didn't spot that till it was erm dark trying to find an wayward apple.

The zeros on the tax disc and the very occasional visits to the filling stations. But most of all it does everything my diesel load lugger did but half the size and half the bhp with the exception of moving a small wardrobe. Strangely I like most, the reassuring solid clunk sound of the rear hatch door closing and also I can talk hands free via the PID.

Would be easier listing the things I dont like

Parcel shelf not on wires so you always forget to close it

No boot light as standard

Sport should have the 75PS engine

DRL's should be led as standard

Thats about it for me

Heated seats is a big like for me. As Damo:-) says easier to say what you don't like.

Rake adjustment on steering, Adjustable instrument back lighting. 

But what if you had to pick one - and ONLY one - thing that you like. Which would you choose?

That's like asking which of my children I like the most

Its the whole package then!

Here goes (if a Mii counts!):

• Excellent economy. 60+mpg over just over 3k miles.
  • Low tax.
  • Low insurance.
  • Reasonable price to buy.
  • Very refined for such a small car - copes with motorways etc no problem.
  • Well built with zero rattles or squeaks.
  • Spacious for outside size plenty of room for 4.
  • Good boot space.
  • Brilliant radio.
  • PID works well as a Satnav and means of linking phone via Bluetooth.
  • Looks good given the slight changes to those of the Citigo.
  • Easy to drive with light steering but a positive and solid feel. 
  • Nice engine sound if you put your foot down.
  • Warms up quickly with virtually instant heat.
  • Great lights - we live in the country with few streetlights.

Well you did ask!  I speak as someone used to driving a top of the range Yeti and I've had more new cars than most have had hot dinners.  The Yeti is pretty darned good but the Citigo (Mii) must be good as I'll often use the little Mii in preference to the Yeti, particularly around town or on my commute to/from work.

The Citigo/Mii/Up! trio are quite amazingly good cars.