NEWS FLASH French Terror alert

Stuart_J

Just in from Reuters..............

11.14 Monday July 18th 2005 Reuters - Paris Prime Minister Chirac has officially raised the French terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide " . There are only two higher levels in France - they are " Surrender " and "Collaborate " .

The rise was precipitated by a fire last night which destroyed France's white flag factory - effectively crippling their military capability.

Shamelessly taken off another forum :thumbup:

11.14 Monday July 18th 2005 Reuters - Paris Prime Minister Chirac has officially raised the French terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide " . There are only two higher levels in France - they are " Surrender " and "Collaborate " .

The rise was precipitated by a fire last night which destroyed France's white flag factory - effectively crippling their military capability.

What's happening then!! :confused:

:rofl:

Am i the only one who thinks this thread is in poor taste considering what happened in London!!! :thumbdwn:

JD

Have to agree with JD. This is no joke. :thumbdwn:

There's plenty of things to poke fun at in this world... the threat and act of terrorism should not be one of them.

Have to agree with JD. This is no joke. :thumbdwn:

There's plenty of things to poke fun at in this world... the threat and act of terrorism should not be one of them.

I've got to disagree - nothing should be off limits, and there is always someone who will be offended, but humour (even in poor taste) is a fantastic way of dealing with the stress that events like this cause.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion. ;)

I've got to disagree - nothing should be off limits' date=' and there is always someone who will be offended, but humour (even in poor taste) is a fantastic way of dealing with the stress that events like this cause.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion. ;)[/quote']

There is a time and a place for everything, and i don't think relatives, friends and anyone else who was there would agree with your statement. I am sure they all have a sense of humour, but I'm sure they also know what TACT means.

Just my 2 pence.

JD

I've got to disagree - nothing should be off limits' date=' and there is always someone who will be offended, but humour (even in poor taste) is a fantastic way of dealing with the stress that events like this cause.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion. ;)[/quote']

Hello Si,

I do understand your point. In this case the 'joke' itself is pretty tame; what upset me was seeing the heading for the thread 'NEWS FLASH French Terror Alert' because right now you have to think the worst and I opened the thread expecting more bad news, but instead found a joke... and the feeling of dread does not easily turn to laughter.

(I know it was in the Roadside Cafe forum, which might have given a clue to the authors real intent, but I saw it first in New Posts and only registered the thread title).

I'll leave it at that.

Hear hear.

I feel fo ranyone who was involved in the London bombs, believe me. I work 200yds from Luton station, and even that was scary.

However, the one thing that marks us out as British is our ability to keep a sense of humour and perspective. If we stop joking, smiling and laughing the terrorists have won. My colleague who was caught up in it (he was in the train behind the one at Aldwych) tells me that everyone was still joking, all the way through.

Keep smiling, and stuff the terrorists, is what I say.

Phil

Yeah, just have a go at the French. At least they don't follow the USA like lapdogs. Maybe it's alright for us Welsh to take the **** out of the English after all if that's what you think, or perhaps even more. :finger: