Eyebrows for Octavia vrs

Hi guys, I´m new in this forum.

I will get my VRS on tuesday, I have ordered some eyebrows from superskoda.com to my new car. 

Before painting them I went to the local dealer to check that they actually fit.

Well from my point of view it seems like they don´t fit as they should. Seems like the headlight needs to come out, glue the eyebrow on, and then refit the headlight.

The plastic on the "outer-side" sits on the metal and it is not possible to get it under the metal, sorry if this is a bad description, look at the picture and maybe it is understandable.

So I am wundering, does the headlight need to come out? If so, it´s a stupid design, I had eyebrows on my Passat 3C and that was easy.

I have not painted them yet, my car will be race-blue..

Anyone who has tried these from superskoda on the new octavia and secondly does any one know of anyone else supplying these kind of eyebrows for the new Octavia? I haven´t found anyone else yet..

post-109623-0-13637500-1382826632_thumb.jpg

post-109623-0-60062100-1382826636_thumb.jpg

I dunno, I find the idea & concept somewhat bizarre. Still if that's what floats your boat & you want to look daft.

Personally I would rather put wind deflectors on than those.

Agreed. I can't say I like the wind deflectors much either though. I have a few little ideas for my hatch when it comes along but it will be subtle stuff, just to make it mine really. I can't say i'd want to add stuff like this to my car.

And now for something the OP actually asked for! Advice.

I've seen these on the web but don't know how they'd fit on. Maybe look on Octavia Forum.de as things like this are quite popular in Germany.

I think once they're on they'll look quite aggressive.

Each to their own - it won't look daft, just different.

Did they come with instructions? If not you will have to become creative and redesign the fitment so they can be removed if required.

Perhaps visit a bodyshop and see what they suggest.

Edit - I would be looking at using clear silicone as the adhesive (easily removed) and trimming the edge of the eyebrow to avoid removing panels.

Edited by J8mbo
  • Like 3

Yesterday a young lady drove past me in a Clio & it had huge pink eyelashes above the headlights. Might go well with a set of eyebrows. I can see the point of "girlie" eyelashes but not eyebrows, but it wouldn't do for us all to have the same ideas about our motors. If the OP wants to fit them then that's his choice.

• Like 2

Thanks J8mbo, also nice to actually get some advice.

I like the look these eyebrows gives, it gives an aggressive look. It doesn´t bother me that others have a different view on this.  :happy:

The eyebrows didn´t come with any instructions. I´ve sent an e-mail requesting instructions from the supplier of these. 

I´ll check out the german forum, thanks! :sun:

I would be looking at using clear silicone as the adhesive (easily removed) and trimming the edge of the eyebrow to avoid removing panels.

That sounds about right to me. Just make sure you give the lights a good clean with some kind of spirit first and remember to "measure twice, cut once!"

I do like how they look ans i hope you'll find out how to fit them 'cause i'm planning to do the same as soon as i'll get my platin grey hatch ;-)

For those who don't like them, obviously i agree that the pictures in the first post are extremely ugly. .. But that's because our friend DID NOT MANAGED TO FIT THEM YET :-) Just have a look at them fitted on a white hatch at superskoda.com, maybe you'll be more indulgent ;-)

• Like 1

Looking at the fitted pictures on superskoda, the headlights do need to be removed to install them.

o3-eyebr-sp3.jpg

Do you think they'd look better in a constrasting colour instead of body colour? Do they interfere with the lights at all?

Got an e-mail from Superskoda saying that I need to get them under the metal on the outside, that is obvious.. I didn't want to do so much with the car at the local dealer. But I will go and give it another try.

Do you think they'd look better in a constrasting colour instead of body colour? Do they interfere with the lights at all?

No, if I manage to get them to fit they will be painted in the color of the car before mounting them..

@cameraboy: Not "sad", For a VRS I'd say more like "Angry about others being slower" or "Hungry for asphalt" :-)

I think they'll look better if colour matched with the car, i think that's how it's been designed.

@furyfax: maybe you could try to use some lubricant to make the plastic bit going smoothly between the headlight glass and the metal ?