Who's orderd what and when are you "supposed" to get it?

Exactly.

Someone more knowledgeable than me might explain, but essentially each dealer is given an allocation/quota. If they go over that, it becomes a problem.

Is this bizarre business model standard across the car industry or peculiar to Skoda?

If I'm building cars, I would WANT my network of dealers to be flooding me with orders, wouldn't I?

Why would I say "sorry Mr Dodgy Dealership, you're restricted to 20 new cars a month".

What am I missing?

Is this bizarre business model standard across the car industry or peculiar to Skoda?

If I'm building cars, I would WANT my network of dealers to be flooding me with orders, wouldn't I?

Why would I say "sorry Mr Dodgy Dealership, you're restricted to 20 new cars a month".

What am I missing?

At a guess it's more along this line of stock management. If you order too many parts you end up with a load of extra capacity that is just wasting money.

Ordered 23rd august. Hoping to pickup in a weeks time (dealer reckoned 10 days, 6 days ago) however I'll know better tomorrow after phoning Skoda uk.

Race blue vrs manual tdi estate

Admunsen sat nav

Winter pack (inc heated screen)

Spare wheel

Sunset glass

Mitsumi

Can't wait.

Ordered new leasing 19-10 Combi (sorry estate in UK) vRS TDi DSG, Steel Grey, Black and performance pack, ACC, Gemini antra, electric boot, leather, sunroof, amundsen, Lane assist, Sunset and Maxidot are standard in Belgium, Kessy, heated front seats/windshield, spare wheel, Intell. park assist, double bootfloor, parking heater/ventilation.

Till now nothing heared from lease factory , but think they will contact me as the Belgian importer canceled the lane assist as nomore camera's are available till (date unknown)

Edited by blokart

Ordered a VRS TSI DSG Combi with everything except full leather and heated rear seats on Aug 27th. Contract said 30 weeks (so 7 months!). Was told initially that delivery will be week 48, but I'm getting it next week. So a little bit over 2 months from order to delivery!

Ordered 4th September.

VRs hatch in brilliant silver Tdi manual

Sunset

Amundsen

Canton

Winter pack

Spare wheel

Not heard from dealer for weeks initially was early dec then last I heard out to wk 4......

Lord knows !!!

Not many have gone for brilliant silver so good choice!!  Which wheels and interior did you go for?

Corrida Red Estate TDI vRS Black Pack & Sunset only

Ordered 10 Sep - Dealer stated BW43-45 delivery mid December

Car built Oct 24th (BW43) and now sits at Emden

SUK advise at dealers by week beginning 18th Nov??

Hopefully end of month. which would be 11-12wks so can't complain personally

I see you went for sunroof? Enjoy your 14 plate!

Oh... is there delays on that too... I thought  was on the estate sunroofs..

My last car was brand new model got one in 7 days.. 

6 months is taking the p***

I have Emailed Jim ... hopefully he will reply back soon

To be honest it's tricky keeping up with all the excuses so who knows. Last time we waited 5 months and that was when the FL had already been out for a year so I'm not holding my breath for this brand new one!

I ordered a 1.4TSI Elegance Estate last week of August with ACC,three spoke wheel and electric boot.

Build week 43, 21st October

Due collection around 18th November.

So from order to collection will be 11 to 12 weeks.

Picking mine up tomorrow. It arrived after 71 days from ordering on Aug 27th (2 months, 10 days or 10 weeks). It has ACC, estate sunroof, Kessy and everything else that's supposedly delaying orders.

5th October order. Vrs tdi estate. Told it's been accepted by factory but no build date yet. I've not put any of the rockin horse $h1t options on my order.

I ordered my Candy white, vRS estate, manual box on 20th September. Told order accepted 2nd October, but no idea on when it might get to the UK. Dealer can only confirm the factory have accepted the order. Would love it at Christmas, but know its more likely to be Jan/Feb

Not many have gone for brilliant silver so good choice!! Which wheels and interior did you go for?

Yeah wanted something a bit low key and won't show too many stone chips !!!!

Standard alloys in the matt/grey finish and red stitching. Think lol it'll look quite classy and subtle ?