Who's orderd what and when are you "supposed" to get it?

This will really annoy everyone so i won't say which dealer i bought from. Basically i went in on thursday and they had just put my specced car into the show room (only had it for two days) and i explained that the car they had in the show room was the exact car with the exact extras that i wanted. Took my details etc and said it will be march.april for delivery. Thats a long time so i was uming and ahing with what to do so they spoke to the manager and said they don't normally do it (especially because they had only had the showroom car for 2 days) but they said i could have that car.

Not a pre reg and has no miles on the clock so its brand new and i decided to accept the offer as i got all of the upgrades for pretty much free!.

official order went through and i collect it on wednesday  :rofl:

Pure luck that i went in on the day and the car has now been taken out of the showroom to be prepped for the Diamond bright (life shine) to be put on.

Made up that i get my new car in less than a week!.

keith

So what's the car and spec then?

Kerrbryan,

2013 Octavia VRS Estate in Candy Whites.

DSG Auto Diesel.

Black design package.

Canton upgraded sound system.

Bluetooth plus.

Simply clever pack.

Spare wheel.

Life shine.

Got a really good deal too so i was very lucky to have gone in at the right time.

• Like 1

I ordered mine on Wednesday November 13th after going to look at a superb.  The dealer had ordered a demonstrator which was in the system to be built on week 48 (December 2nd). He reckons I should have early January, possibly even Christmas. I was told 16 weeks to be built but I have coming:

• Candy White VRS Diesel estate
  • Sunset glass
  • Black pack
  • Cruise Control
  • Spare wheel

I really wanted leather but I've seen some badly submarined seats so thought it best to avoid.  I only managed a 5 percent discount but I'm really looking forward to picking it up. First new car ever for me, I usually buy ex demo or nearly new so it's a real treat.  :hi:

I must admit, after reading the other posts I wouldn't be surprised if there was a delay

Ordered 2nd September, delivery date who knows.

VRS FSI DSG Estate Candy White

Black pack

Spare wheel

Heated Jet wash nozzels

Leather & heated seats (Grey)

Simply clever

Variable boot floor

Smokers pack (will never use)

Canton sound upgrade

Amundsen nav

Colour maxidot

Intelligent parking assist

• Like 1

Ordered 2nd September, delivery date who knows. VRS FSI DSG Estate Candy White Black pack Spare wheel Heated Jet wash nozzels Leather & heated seats (Grey) Simply clever Variable boot floor Smokers pack (will never use) Canton sound upgrade Amundsen nav Colour maxidot Intelligent parking assist

Where in Cheshire did you order from?

Ordered on July 23rd a petrol vRS in Meteor Grey with Canton. Was given build week 44 & delivery in early December. Got a phone call from the dealers on Monday to say it had arrived & picked it up Thursday. The dealers computer was showing the car as still being in the Czech Republic!

dealer @ ellesmere port

I got my MkII from them a couple of years ago and they were excellent!.

However i Went to them in july with a view to buying the new shape and they were less than helpful which i was really pi**ed off about as they 

acted like they didn't want my order which was really strange.

I might try them again when the Mk IV comes out  :rofl:

I got my MkII from them a couple of years ago and they were excellent!.

However i Went to them in july with a view to buying the new shape and they were less than helpful which i was really pi**ed off about as they 

acted like they didn't want my order which was really strange.

I might try them again when the Mk IV comes out  :rofl:

Topaz Brown 1.4TSI Elegance Estate

Bi-xenon with LED

LED tail lights

Black fogs with cornering

Pano roof

Canton

Columbus

Heated front seats

Color maxi-dot

Chrome surround

Silver roof rails

Ordered 20th October, no provisional build date yet (was told I should expect it end of March)

Guess what! My dealer just called and said I got confirmed build week 49! That's just 2 weeks from now  :rock:

So from original 5 months to only 2 months from order to delivery?! I'm collecting it on 13.December at the latest!

Guess what! My dealer just called and said I got confirmed build week 49! That's just 2 weeks from now  :rock:

So from original 5 months to only 2 months from order to delivery?! I'm collecting it on 13.December at the latest!

Lucky you! I had provisional build 43 (ordered September 4th) but went off the system more than a month ago and no date since. Dealer guesses early January but I am beginning to doubt it.

I sure was a little gobsmacked when I heard him over the phone. Hopefully you'll be surprised this way soon as well  :)

It's true however that these build dates seem very unreliable which is a shame really  :|

I sure was a little gobsmacked when I heard him over the phone. Hopefully you'll be surprised this way soon as well  :)

It's true however that these build dates seem very unreliable which is a shame really  :|

I think it was in another thread I wrote, but I say it here once more.

My dealer said that Skoda factory or what not closes the build week 2 weeks before actual build. Before that time your build week can jump around like a rabbit on a caffeine - forward / backward / side hops here and there. But if you have 2 weeks to build, then you can be pretty sure the car will be built by that time. There have been occasions where this does not hold because of major problems or something, but on black and white 2 weeks is the time where you can be pretty sure. Add up delivery from factory + dealer prep of the car + papers and you should be a new owner.

Ordered on July 23rd a petrol vRS in Meteor Grey with Canton. Was given build week 44 & delivery in early December. Got a phone call from the dealers on Monday to say it had arrived & picked it up Thursday. The dealers computer was showing the car as still being in the Czech Republic!

Any pics???

That sounds great.  I sure hope you're right as mine is also build week 49. 

My dealer has said that I should collect either just before or just after Christmas as week 49 ends on December 8th, then there is transport to UK, transport to your dealer and PDI checks. Please let your dealer be right and mine be wrong :wonder:

Ordered mine on 8th October, 7 weeks from next Tuesday. Phoned this morning STILL no build date, dealer says he still expects January delivery. Anyway- bunged on heated seats to my spec. 200 quid well spent after getting my arse toasted by my present seats in my octy this morning. I would have sorely missed those seats.

Ordered mine on 8th October, 7 weeks from next Tuesday. Phoned this morning STILL no build date, dealer says he still expects January delivery. Anyway- bunged on heated seats to my spec. 200 quid well spent after getting my arse toasted by my present seats in my octy this morning. I would have sorely missed those seats.

Ordered our SE three days later and likewise still not heard anything. Will be at the dealers end of next week getting the lad's car MOT'd as he's working and will try get an update myself.

TP

My first post so hello.

After a day long test drive I have just placed my order today:

VRS Hatchback TDI Manual

Corrida Red

Leather with grey stitching

Temporary spare wheel

Colour Maxidot

As part of the negotiations (having played one dealer against another), have agreed that my order will replace one that they had already ordered and is in the system.  Barring a disaster, I will be picking it up on St David's Day.

That's very cryptic....  Who knew there was a St. David's Day?!  :think:

I just took delivery of number plate surrounds and tax disc holder, some four months before the proposed delivery date.... Whoops.