We've started having tinker with the 2.0TDI 184PS

The problem you have is not so much the car, but if your employers were to find out you've done such a thing, as this could get you into trouble.

Personally my advice would be to sound them out, then give it some thought as to wether it's worth the risk, moreso if they have a fleet policy as this may not cover any kind if modifications.

Basically what I said then  :)

As were celebrating our 8th Birthday in december we've created a limited run of 100 Black Edition CRD-T's,  the differences are purely cosmetic so offer no benefits over the normal CRD-T module other than looking a little different.

1470225_10151742576760756_1128574863_n.j

I personally think the black casings look a lot smarter than the usual grey, but again thats just my personal opinion.

These are available to order now, and the usual Briskoda discounts apply.

I did revise the software slightly for dsg equipped cars after hearing from our dsg tester..

I've just received this feedback from him

Some feedback on 1:1.

Its really rather good! Feels just like the old 4:1 but without the spike of power at 3000-4000rpm so its a lot smoother and more manageable. The low down rpm's dont hold onto the higher gears as much as the old 4:1 map did. A vast improvement over standard and the car feels really slow when the box is off now. Ive tested it in all modes and they all work perfectly.

I was thinking of trying out the 226 map 4. I wont be leaving it on there as I'd prefer the less aggressive map for the DSG but would 4:0 be the one to try on that?

thanks

As tempting as it is, I wouldn't spend £24k on a car and then invalidate the warranty by modding the engine......no problems once the 3 years is up because then you're on your own but what if the engine goes belly-up after 3 months?

That's one expensive lump of metal that used to be a car.

How safe are these remaps?

My sentiments exactly Edited by Timoctav

If we all thought the same way and liked the same things, wouldn't life be boring...

Yes it would indeed Andrew - and I wouldn't like to have to get my cheque book out in the event it all went pear shaped, however unlikely that might be.

Edited by Timoctav

I miss my dc5, one of the best handling cars I've owned and with the mugen twin loop exhaust it sounded amazing at full chat. I've ordered a vrs on pcp and am interested in a remap or chipping it. Each to their own.

• Like 1

Andrew any feedback on the newer kits for the tsi Vrs? I recall you saying there were some teething problems with a tuner and camshaft position sensor or similar? I am considering ordering but would really like all the creases ironed out first. Many sold to people in the UK? Ta

Andrew any feedback on the newer kits for the tsi Vrs? I recall you saying there were some teething problems with a tuner and camshaft position sensor or similar? I am considering ordering but would really like all the creases ironed out first. Many sold to people in the UK? Ta

We've sold several kits onto golf gtis, and the guys in Germany have now sold over 200 kits onto this engine.

We've sold several kits onto golf gtis, and the guys in Germany have now sold over 200 kits onto this engine.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Any feedback on these? I know majority of owners seem to be diesel so little feedback etc out there on the petrol boxes.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Any feedback on these? I know majority of owners seem to be diesel so little feedback etc out there on the petrol boxes.

Nothing but positive feedback from the cars we've done recently, and the same from Germany

• Like 2

<snip>

If you don't want to do anything to yours then don't bother commenting.

<snip>

[Andrew is] trying to help those of us that are interested.

Respectfully, and on topic . . . I disagree with your suggestion.

Andrew produces and sells remapping kit; one would like to think that he knows as much and hopefully more than others of the pros and cons of remapping the ECU.  Some people love the idea of tuning their cars, others are less enthusiastic, most are pretty ignorant about the whole business.  People will learn far more from a thread discussing the positives and the negatives of remapping than from one where a salesman says that it is a great idea and people who have done it agree.

Personally, I am genuinely interested in hearing a sometimes heated discussion rather than uncritical acclaim so I am keen to hear why people think that the practice is unwise and Andrew's response to these comments.

The Government is to stamp down on people who remove their DPF, preople who have had this done are now suggesting that the garages who did the work may have done so cynically, knowing that it would eventually cause problems.  Can we be 100% confinedt that the same may not happen with remappiing?  As Lord Gnomw would have it, I think we should be told ;)

If remapping is such a great, risk free idea, I am sure that Andrew's business would only benefit from a full and frank debate - let the debate commence!

• Like 4

Trammell, exactly my point. But those, like you and me that wish to discuss pros and cons,it would appear to be at a disadvantage of not playing on a level field. Whether on not this is because Andrew@DTUK is a Briskoda sponsor I will leave to speculation, but I thought that whilst I am sure Andrew's products are of the highest quality and I have not criticised them per se it was entirely relevant to mention that it might be advisable for individuals to check whether it is permitted to modify cars they don't actually own was pertinent to this thread.

Edited by Timoctav
  • Like 1

I'm sure there are plenty if other threads on here regarding the pros and cons of remapping or tuning in general. The purpose of this thread is to talk about the specific subject of tuning the 2.0 184ps engine.

If you want to talk about remapping or dpf removal (we aren't involved in either) then again I'm sure there are threads on here that cover both subject matters.

If you have a genuine interest I'm tuning your 2.0. 184ps then please feel free to contribute to the thread.

• Like 1

I'm sure there are plenty if other threads on here regarding the pros and cons of remapping or tuning in general. The purpose of this thread is to talk about the specific subject of tuning the 2.0 184ps engine.If you want to talk about remapping or dpf removal (we aren't involved in either) then again I'm sure there are threads on here that cover both subject matters.If you have a genuine interest I'm tuning your 2.0. 184ps then please feel free to contribute to the thread.

Andrew, at some stage I will almost certainly purchase a VRS 184 bhp, as I am so impressed with my Elegance 150 bhp so I am very interested in this thread, hence my participation. In fact only a couple of weeks ago I had an extended test drive in an Audi A3 Sportback fitted with this same engine, and came to the conclusion it is not worth the significantly higher price over the VRS. But before I went down the tuning route I would like to know as much as I can, rather than just read ringing endorsements - I can do that by just reading advertisements, and the purpose of a forum, by definitions, is to discuss.

Edited by Timoctav
  • Like 1

Andrew, at some stage I will almost certainly purchase a VRS 184 bhp, as I am so impressed with my Elegance 150 bhp so I am very interested in this thread, hence my participation. But before I went down the tuning route I would like to know as much as I can, rather than just read ringing endorsements - I can do that by just reading advertisements, and the purpose of a forum, by definitions, is to discuss.

From your own posts you've already said that you wouldn't consider tuning your car as it would invalidate your warranty, and unless your car doesn't belong to VWFS then again from your own posts you're not going to do anything to the car without seeking their prior permissions.

So maybe I'm missing something here, but the way I've read your posts you have no interest in actually tuning your car wether it be your current 150 or yet to be purchased vrs. So why would a thread bout tuning this engine actually be of any interest to you as whatever anyone says to you it won't change your personal opinion.

• Like 2

From your own posts you've already said that you wouldn't consider tuning your car as it would invalidate your warranty, and unless your car doesn't belong to VWFS then again from your own posts you're not going to do anything to the car without seeking their prior permissions.

So maybe I'm missing something here, but the way I've read your posts you have no interest in actually tuning your car wether it be your current 150 or yet to be purchased vrs. So why would a thread bout tuning this engine actually be of any interest to you as whatever anyone says to you it won't change your personal opinion.

Well to start off I own my car and paid for them in full. But would tuning invalidate the warranty? Again this was another point I was trying to find out without success. Currently I have three cars, one of which is high performance and wish to come down to two cars, one of which I would like to have good performance but I need to accept that it won't come near to the 400 bhp car I currently own which costs a small fortune to run and maintain and spends most of its time as a garage queen. I have tried petrol hot hatches - BMW M135i, the latest Audi S3, Mercedes AMG 45, and frankly was not impressed with any of them for various reasons. So I am coming to the conclusion that rather than have an out and out hot hatch, a performance diesel, with the advantage of all that low down torque combined with economy might well be the way for me to go. Maybe a VRS, maybe a BMW 335d (low mileage used).

Of course if you only want these threads to act as an advertisement for your products and evade answering justifiable concerns other than by replies that appear to come close to hostility.....

Edited by Timoctav
  • Like 1

Well to start off I own my car and paid for them in full. But would tuning invalidate the warranty? Again this was another point I was trying to find out without success. Currently I have three cars, one of which is high performance and wish to come down to two cars, one of which I would like to have good performance but I need to accept that it won't come near to the 400 bhp car I currently own which costs a small fortune to run and maintain and spends most of its time as a garage queen. I have tried petrol hot hatches - BMW M135i, the latest Audi S3, Mercedes AMG 45, and frankly was not impressed with any of them for various reasons. So I am coming to the conclusion that rather than have an out and out hot hatch, a performance diesel, with the advantage of all that low down torque combined with economy might well be the way for me to go. Maybe a VRS, maybe a BMW 335d (low mileage used).

Of course if you only want these threads to act as an advertisement for your products and evade answering justifiable concerns other than by replies that appear to come close to hostility.....

Any modification you make to your vehicle will invalidate your warranty on that particular part of the car . Add a set of lowering springs and that will invalidate your suspension warranty but doesn't affect any other part of the car.

So to answer your question, if a Skoda technician were to realise that your car was tuned then they could invalidate your warranty.

But as I've said on numerous occasions the thread title clearly states that this thread is purely about tuning the 184ps engine.

I will say it again? You have said many times on this site that you have no intention of tuning your car and I value you your personal opinion, but please realise that there is a lot of people that don't share the same opinion as you who should find this thread informative

But like the last thread that was locked and closed the word advertisement has been mentioned, how else can I pass on the information to members who actually are interested in tuning their cars, and don't share your personal opinion.

As for hostility I'm clearly saying that this thread is aimed at people who have a genuine interest in the subject matter, of which you clearly have none (I'm sure I'm repeating myself over and over again)

Anyway enjoy your Saturday, I'm off to sort the kids and Xmas decorations :)

Edited by Andrew@DTUK
  • Like 3