We've started having tinker with the 2.0TDI 184PS

i bet you can't wait, and again it will be good to hear how the MK3 compares to the MK2 in both standard and tuned forms..

Give me a call Paul once the car lands and if you send the box back up well organise the new loom and software for you,

Hello Andrew, did you miss my quiestion or chose to ignore me?

I had a feeling someone would pick up my comment to Steve..

As far as I'm concerned his feedback is unbiased and he's given an honest review of our product. When Steve first contacted me and told me he was running map 4 on plus 3 i was surprised as I've only ever ran our own car on plus 1 or plus 2, and usually if you go too high you'll see an engine management light.

What i haven't mentioned to anyone at all is that i am actually running a tweaked file on our octavia that has increased mid range pull a touch (based on using my bum dyno), I'm very surprised that Steve is actually running plus 3 on his car and not seeing any management lights. it'd giving me something to think about once i get to use our octavia again.

So going back to my comment, what was wrong is saying to a customer publicly that if we do release new updates that he will be informed, and that i would look forward to more unbiased feedback from him??

As for my comments of driving a car like you stole it, its a tongue in cheek comment and its my own personal opinion on how I drive my car from day one.

My personal opinion is that a diesel engine that is driven hard will give less issues with stuff like dpf's and thats how i have chosen to drive my own diesel cars...

i must remember not to be so honest in the future as that seams to be frowned upon by certain members..

Thanks Andrew but I really do not get upset by honesty, quite the opposite, I merely pointed out that your posts could be interpreted as rewarding positive comments with free updates and condoning irresponsible driving.

My post clearly stated that I was interested so long as I could be reassured of the points raised in my first paragraph which sadly were not mentioned in your reply. Looking through the post again,  I do think that many people new to this type of thing have similar concerns which, if addressed may turn many of them in to buyers. Good luck with your business Andrew.

I'm an idiot.  Could I fit the tuning box?  I'm a complete novice under the bonnet. 

If not, what sort of garage would fit it for me?  Presumably my local Skoda dealer might have a bit of a hissy fit if I ask them to fit a tuning box.

I'm fascinated by what I've read on here, and certainly from early reviews it sounds like a great product.

As for the bickering, isn't that forums are for?!  There's a few on here that like to post their opinions as fact, but ultimately we're all consumers and we're all capable of making our own decisions.  I think Skoda drivers are very much divided between the old-school bargain-crazed couldn't-give-a-toss-about-cars and the petrolhead seeing the chance of getting a few extra horses for his budget...

They are very easy to fit and come with comprehensive instructions, you should be fine...

Thanks Andrew but I really do not get upset by honesty, quite the opposite, I merely pointed out that your posts could be interpreted as rewarding positive comments with free updates and condoning irresponsible driving.

My post clearly stated that I was interested so long as I could be reassured of the points raised in my first paragraph which sadly were not mentioned in your reply. Looking through the post again,  I do think that many people new to this type of thing have similar concerns which, if addressed may turn many of them in to buyers. Good luck with your business Andrew.

We send full colour fitting instructions, so as long as you follow those them there should be no reason for any issues with fitment. There is also an out of hours phone number on our website which you can call if you're not 100% certain about any aspect of the kit. I'm sure I've mentioned this earlier at some point somewhere.

As for updates etc, as you have probably read I'm pretty active on this forum so any updates would be communicated to members/customers via this forum or our Facebook page. But I'll be honest and say that we're 99% happy with this application. So for now there are no plans for any major updates, as I think the rolling road figures and feedback have proven how well the kit is doing it's job.

Details if the money back guarantee are on our website.

• Like 1

We send full colour fitting instructions, so as long as you follow those them there should be no reason for any issues with fitment. There is also an out of hours phone number on our website which you can call if you're not 100% certain about any aspect of the kit. I'm sure I've mentioned this earlier at some point somewhere.

As for updates etc, as you have probably read I'm pretty active on this forum so any updates would be communicated to members/customers via this forum or our Facebook page. But I'll be honest and say that we're 99% happy with this application. So for now there are no plans for any major updates, as I think the rolling road figures and feedback have proven how well the kit is doing it's job.

Details if the money back guarantee are on our website.

Much appreciated, thanks.

As soon as I get chance to get the car to Northallerton I'll post details on this thread Steve, and if there any updates I'll drop you a pm and I can always update your box in return for some more unbiased feedback

Thanks Andrew,

I too had concerns about running 4+3, but I worked my way up to it with no problems and so it was the only option left and so I tried it. If there was even any sign of problems I would of reverted back to a lesser setting. This is part of my nature and I like to push a cars capabilities ONLY IF it is a calculated risk. Obviously there becomes a stage where actually the car engine/gearbox becomes less of a concern than brake and tyre capabilities.

As I have mentioned before, I have no connections with Andrew or DTUK, I have never actually met the guy and had not dealt with him prior to me obtaining my vRS (Which is my first Skoda), but I was impressed with his no nonsense and neutral approach to his responses to questions (He certainly does have patience with some of the questions fired at him!!!) Also he took the time to personally contact me with my order, without this I would have received the wrong unit...

If he has kindly offered to update my unit in return for me to give him further feedback, than this is mutually beneficial to both parties and also any body potentially buying one of these. So thank you for the offer Andrew, and yes I shall be interested in 'helping' you with further unbiased development of the unit... Sorry to anybody this upsets, but again this is my concern and to be honest, who is actually getting upset by this?...

I would also like to add that there is a very 'unique' feel to this website, I asked late one evening (Due to not having my manual by my side) how you actually activated the heated mirrors, only to be told, in not so many words, that I was slightly stupid and that there where concerns as to whether I should actually be driving on the road?... Not Very encouraging to new members...

I was, in the past a moderator on one of the largest Vauxhall enthusiast sites in the country - Astrasport UK (Steve W), and I have seen more back biting in the 30 posts I have made here, than in the thousands on that site. I also had close dealings with companies such as Vauxpart and Courtney Tuning, with the aim of introducing members discounts etc and group buys, to actually HELP members.

Also people posting such comments and pictures such as 'Popcorn Anyone?' No wonder these people have post quantities into there tens of thousands... How easy can it be? On other sites this would be classed pure and simply as inflating personal posts up for the sake of it... and the posts would be removed.

I am surprised that moderators don't step in with this.

I am now probably going to meet a barrage of comments telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about, or to get back in my Vauxhall...

But to actually stay on topic, for those who are interested in fitting a tuning box to your vRS - Carry on reading, as I am sure there shall be more interesting news evolving. For those who don't want to see the results, look away now...

Keep up the good work Andrew...

Edited by SteveWCombivRS
  • Like 4

Thanks Andrew,

I too had concerns about running 4+3, but I worked my way up to it with no problems and so it was the only option left and so I tried it. If there was even any sign of problems I would of reverted back to a lesser setting. This is part of my nature and I like to push a cars capabilities ONLY IF it is a calculated risk. Obviously there becomes a stage where actually the car engine/gearbox becomes less of a concern than brake and tyre capabilities.

As I have mentioned before, I have no connections with Andrew or DTUK, I have never actually met the guy and had not dealt with him prior to me obtaining my vRS (Which is my first Skoda), but I was impressed with his no nonsense and neutral approach to his responses to questions (He certainly does have patience with some of the questions fired at him!!!) Also he took the time to personally contact me with my order, without this I would have received the wrong unit...

If he has kindly offered to update my unit in return for me to give him further feedback, than this is mutually beneficial to both parties and also any body potentially buying one of these. So thank you for the offer Andrew, and yes I shall be interested in 'helping' you with further unbiased development of the unit... Sorry to anybody this upsets, but again this is my concern and to be honest, who is actually getting upset by this?...

I would also like to add that there is a very 'unique' feel to this website, I asked late one evening (Due to not having my manual by my side) how you actually activated the heated mirrors, only to be told, in not so many words, that I was slightly stupid and that there where concerns as to whether I should actually be driving on the road?... Not Very encouraging to new members...

I was, in the past a moderator on one of the largest Vauxhall enthusiast sites in the country - Astrasport UK (Steve W), and I have seen more back biting in the 30 posts I have made here, than in the thousands on that site. I also had close dealings with companies such as Vauxpart and Courtney Tuning, with the aim of introducing members discounts etc and group buys, to actually HELP members.

Also people posting such comments and pictures such as 'Popcorn Anyone?' No wonder these people have post quantities into there tens of thousands... How easy can it be? On other sites this would be classed pure and simply as inflating personal posts up for the sake of it... and the posts would be removed.

I am surprised that moderators don't step in with this.

I am now probably going to meet a barrage of comments telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about, or to get back in my Vauxhall...

But to actually stay on topic, for those who are interested in fitting a tuning box to your vRS - Carry on reading, as I am sure there shall be more interesting news evolving. For those who don't want to see the results, look away now...

Keep up the good work Andrew...

Sadly this forum used to be a friendly and very useful place. It has changed due to some members that seem more interested in patronising and demeaning peoples genuine posts. They seem only driven by causing unrest and forcing their views on others.

Keep posting and I only hope the genuine friendly and helpful people shine thru.

Good luck with the tuning, curious to see how the box continues to change and dyno :)

• Like 4

Just for the record, I'm all in favour of tuning.

I have hovered around a lot of VAG based forums and the general consensus is that the DTUK products are top notch.

I don't think it is possible to give a definitive answer to the "worst case scenario" questions about who will pick up the tab if the engine or drive train goes south.

Even factory warranty claims on non tuned vehicles can be a complete cluster f**k. I would like to think that in the case of a complete failure caused by the DTUK product (if it could be proved so) that, on the face of it, Andrew has liability insurance to cover this.

Go forth, tune......... and enjoy.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

• Like 4

for any interested parties I've just found this thread on seatcupra.net

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392680

:rock:

this is my favourite post on another thread discussing tuning boxes..

ive invited him to join Briskoda as he would fit in just fine :)

That guy has really put some time into assessing the settings, good for him, and he actually received some support from his fellow members (other than one!)...

I never actually tried 4+1, I might give this a go and see how it feels.

That guy has really put some time into assessing the settings, good for him, and he actually received some support from his fellow members (other than one!)...

I never actually tried 4+1, I might give this a go and see how it feels.

I tried plus 3 tonight and saw a coil light within a 1/4 of a mike Steve, so back down to plus 2 and it pulls well :) and no lights

• Like 1

I tried plus 3 tonight and saw a coil light within a 1/4 of a mike Steve, so back down to plus 2 and it pulls well :) and no lights

That's interesting, but thanks for the warning Andrew, it has never triggered any lights on mine, but to be safe I shall go back to 4+2 (Or even 4+1) as I don't want to push my luck and have any nasty surprises. Or perhaps I should just stay away from Mike :rofl:

Keep me updated with any further news and your results when you run it on the dyno... I will be very interested in this...

Thanks.

I'm still awaiting delivery of my VRS but have a query on the quoted bhp and torque figures. From reading this thread and your website I gather you can choose different maps on the tuning box.

To get the figure of a near 50bhp increase do you need to set it to the most aggressive map? I noticed above that some maps end up with engine management lights etc so can't be used so is the full 50bhp possible and if not what should it achieve at a minimum/maximum without the car throwing a wobbly?

Edit: just read above that you are planning a dyno run soon so that will probably answer part of my question.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

The dyno runs were conducted months ago James, 226bhp (from 179) was produced on map 4 plus 1. No engine lights at all :) the only time you will see a light is if you go too high and then you'll see one (unless you have a Steve spec vrs) :)

Map 1 produced 210bhp again on plus 1 setting, so as long as you stick with our recommendations you'll be fine

Edited by Andrew@DTUK

That's interesting, but thanks for the warning Andrew, it has never triggered any lights on mine, but to be safe I shall go back to 4+2 (Or even 4+1) as I don't want to push my luck and have any nasty surprises. Or perhaps I should just stay away from Mike :rofl:

Keep me updated with any further news and your results when you run it on the dyno... I will be very interested in this...

Thanks.

The first chance I get I'll be sending the car down to Motoscope in Northallerton as it would be good to compare the figures we've seen from the 170 CR using that dastek dyno

new on this forum I suscribed because I bought the same box for my A3 TDI 184 Quattro Stronic. 

did you try map 4 +2 ? I am using it myself. 

Stil there must be almost no difference between +3 and +2 ? maybe 2-3hp ?

andrew, do you know ? 

Edited by snowfree52

Just as feedback for anybody who is interested, after reducing the optimum setting of 4+3 (Only as a safe guard), I have run the car on 4+2 with no problems at all...

This is maybe irrelevant to anybody who is not following the thread or has not gone one fitted, but it is proving that the software works with the car very successfully...

• Like 1