Delivery delays already on FL?

Truthseeker

We were told the FL production doesn't start until January by two dealers.

Wrong or misinformed as FL production started wk 45 as witnessed by loads of photos of finished cars (in CZ). Dealer my have stated that "delivery" of first face lifts not expected until January.

Hope your dad will be pleased.

I placed my order first week in august 2013 and am not expecting delivery of the car till eo Feb.  That's 7 months wait..... 

Should the L&K 4x4 be delayed again then I may start moaning; but not just yet.... 

:rock:  :giggle:  :drunk:

I placed my order first week in august 2013 and am not expecting delivery of the car till eo Feb.  That's 7 months wait..... 

Should the L&K 4x4 be delayed again then I may start moaning; but not just yet.... 

:rock:  :giggle:  :drunk:

That's an early order as dealers were not able to place an official order until October, as no prices/specs had been released until then.

Wrong or misinformed as FL production started wk 45 as witnessed by loads of photos of finished cars (in CZ). Dealer my have stated that "delivery" of first face lifts not expected until January.

LHD versions, perhaps?

LHD versions, perhaps?

Most probably yes, but some members have confirmed build dates for this year, so the idea that FL production (even just RHD) is not correct.

Having said that, nothing now would surprise me in this debacle, and maybe RHD Outdoor build dates are being put back to January.

Most probably yes, but some members have confirmed build dates for this year, so the idea that FL production (even just RHD) is not correct.

Having said that, nothing now would surprise me in this debacle, and maybe RHD Outdoor build dates are being put back to January.

No one has yet confirmed that it is anything other than orders for the 1.2TSI Outdoor that have had the build date put back and do we know how many people on this forum have definately had there build date put back?

At the moment it all appears to be suppositions based on maybe a couple of people's orders. Can we gather some facts before we all go off the deep end please. 

• Like 1

LHD versions, perhaps?

For someone who lives in Manchester  :wonder:,  all the speculation on delayed delivery is going on and on, the build week will keep moving back and forward till it is locked about two weeks before build, I know its been the same for both my yeti's and both took around 6 months. 

Ordered mine beginning of October and as yet have no build week, I will go and see the dealer in  another week or two and see how things stand, as long as its on a 14 plate don,t mind, if its the end of march so be it, but would like it on the 1st. I still have the trade in to drive, value set on it for march delivery with estimated mileage, all on the order form signed and sealed if the new one is delayed that's the dealers loss.

If you are after a new car you like the look of, built to your spec, sit and wait for it. and be  :happy:  :rock:  B)

If you are after a new car and are not prepared to wait for it, look around and take whats available.and be  :happy:  

Don't take my comments the wrong way but that's my view on it and life. 

• Like 3

That's an early order as dealers were not able to place an official order until October, as no prices/specs had been released until then.

The order was for a pre-Fl on 8th august. First date quoted was 1st Nov but that was wishful thinking! Then all our L&Ks got moved out to be FLs. Here is hoping it does not get pushed out again as that would be rather annoying.

not necessary, these cars could be produced only for VIPs and army recipients.

I'm on plan c. :)

Driving a 15 year old V70 2.5. I actually love it. That 5 cylinder sound is utterly glorious.

I was on Plan C as well : 15 year old (from new) Vectra 2.5 V6. When I ordered the Yeti it had 12 months MoT but since then is a reluctant starter. Some days it was first time, others it was never. Now it doesn't go out to avoid leaving me stranded and is not going to reach 100,000 miles.

So Plan D is my wife's 17 year old car - and that's the age of the car, not my wife.

i think the difference between the "be patient" and the "frustrated and moaning" depends on whether you are currently driving a Yeti or waiting for one.  :giggle:

Edited by idh2013
  • Like 1

I was on Plan C as well : 15 year old (from new) Vectra 2.5 V6. When I ordered the Yeti it had 12 months MoT but since then is a reluctant starter. Some days it was first time, others it was never. Now it doesn't go out to avoid leaving me stranded and is not going to reach 100,000 miles.

152,000 on the Volvo. Dash warning lights lit up like a Christmas tree. Wouldn't idle this morning for a while but it was fine after a bit of an Italian tune up. :D I think I've been bitten by the > 4 cylinder engine bug now and might have to buy a series of them as second cars once we get the Yeti. The smoothness and soundtrack is addictive.

Im waiting for a 1.2 dsg Outdoor Elegance. Just been told Build date mid January. Been waiting for a Yeti since ordering in June. Long story but when original arrived in august dealer had ordered manual instead of dsg so had to put new order in which then got cancelled when they finished making pre FL, then put new order in for FL. Nightmare. At least the dealer is giving us a free up grade from SE  to Elegance for us having to wait for nearly 8 months.

I'm waiting patiently for our Yeti Outdoor 1.2 DSG. Just been informed of a build some time in January. Originally ordered back in June but when we went to collect it in August found dealer had ordered manual instead of DSG. They put a new order in for another one but that got moved back to next year due to Face lifts coming out. At least dealer gave us a free upgrade to Elegance from SE spec for messing us about so much.  Just looking at the FL brochure and notice there's no sat nav in the elegance. Am I right in thinking the pre FL Elegance came with sat nav?

I'm waiting patiently for our Yeti Outdoor 1.2 DSG. Just been informed of a build some time in January. Originally ordered back in June but when we went to collect it in August found dealer had ordered manual instead of DSG. They put a new order in for another one but that got moved back to next year due to Face lifts coming out. At least dealer gave us a free upgrade to Elegance from SE spec for messing us about so much.  Just looking at the FL brochure and notice there's no sat nav in the elegance. Am I right in thinking the pre FL Elegance came with sat nav?

My September Pre F/L  SE Plus came with Amunsden Sat Nav , it was a Demo with 150 ml on the clock so I checked and this was a standard fitting, so I should have thought the Elegance would have definitely had this as standard.

My September Pre F/L  SE Plus came with Amunsden Sat Nav , it was a Demo with 150 ml on the clock so I checked and this was a standard fitting, so I should have thought the Elegance would have definitely had this as standard.

I've just picked up my new pre-FL Elegance and I can assure you that it does not come with any form of Sat Nav as standard, just the Bolero radio unit.

Wish it did, I might not have got so lost in East Kent yesterday.