How old are our vRS owners?

hmmmm

How old are the vRS owners?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

Aged 42 but 19 in the head

Had my White Blackline estate with DSG about 2 months . Ticks all the boxes , fast ,sporty and room for wife kids and crap . Makes me smile a lot ????... Spent 3hrs washing it this weekend inside outside and every other way .... To me it means I love it , because the last car to get this kind of love was my cavalier GSI. 23yrs ago

36. Bought 2011 Vrs tdi DSG two weeks ago. Couple of annoying things such as a wobbly speedo needle and perhaps a DSG that needs resetting? Although behaved today and as it's fully loaded, love all the tots. Would like blue dash backlighting as opposed to green tho !!!!! :)

I'm 30, bought my Vrs last year.

The final straw that made me buy it was a snide comment by a Mazda salesman. I was test driving a Mazda 6 Sport and I mentioned that it was either this or an Octavia Vrs and he said "Don't get the Skoda, you don't want to get a car that's made for someone twice your age."

32, took delivery of my late Blackline DSG Combi a couple of weeks after my birthday in Jan....a late xmas and birthday present I guess!

Great car....still think i should have got a TSi as the diesel has never really done it for me performance wise but was a serious amount of new car for the money, looks great and has been reliable so far.

Edited by pipsyp

21 but I got it when I was 20. Sort of wish that I'd bought the petrol but the added extras on the blackline made the differance when I went in to order it. I just need to feed its insatiable appetite for front tyres now but thats partly my fault since I like to give it a bit of stick now and again - just making sure that the turbo vane's don't stick :notme: Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :blush:

• Like 1

I ticked the 40-49 group but I'm 53.

Not lying about my age, it's SWMBO's car. MkII FL in rallye green.

Which begs another question... How many are owned by the ladies?

If I'm really lucky, and can prise the key out of her handbag, I get to have a play.

We both love it BTW.

Forty something...... love it, although today it went on a tow truck to the dealer, don't know what's wrong with it yet. DSG got stuck in second, couldn't select another gear, pulled over with a burning clutch smell. Only 3600kms on the clock.....oh dear, hope it's going to be okay, fingers crossed xx

Forty something...... love it, although today it went on a tow truck to the dealer, don't know what's wrong with it yet. DSG got stuck in second, couldn't select another gear, pulled over with a burning clutch smell. Only 3600kms on the clock.....oh dear, hope it's going to be okay, fingers crossed xx

You find out what was wrong with it?

70 + but you're only as old as the woman you feel!  Performance cars help to keep one young and this one is just as much fun as the Honda 2000 it replaced but is far more practicable.  For example, I can get my golf clubs in and a whole lot of shopping if my wife tells me to!