FL orders log

Truthseeker

Week 2 looks like it might be the magic week for some of us - not confirmed yet (waiting for a call from Skoda UK) - ordered on 5th September (but then it seems to have gone into limbo with the F/L changeover?)

Well Nick P got the following in an e-mail from Carwow:

"We wanted to let you know that Skoda are making the following changes to their offers from 1st January 2014:

• Price increase across all models.
  • Withdrawal of 3 years free servicing when purchasing on Skoda Finance. 
  • Withdrawal of 0% APR on Octavia vRS and all Yeti models."

Looks like my dealer may be right about the 0% deal! Maybe if you're swithering about making an order on 0% you might want to do it soon.

Well Nick P got the following in an e-mail from Carwow:

"We wanted to let you know that Skoda are making the following changes to their offers from 1st January 2014:

• Price increase across all models.
  • Withdrawal of 3 years free servicing when purchasing on Skoda Finance. 
  • Withdrawal of 0% APR on Octavia vRS and all Yeti models."
Looks like my dealer may be right about the 0% deal! Maybe if you're swithering about making an order on 0% you might want to do it soon.

Ouch ,,,,,,, if true

I have heard from my dealer that Skoda feel they don't need to offer these deals anymore as the brand is a lot stronger.

I am sure they will add other incentives going forward, I think they might offer something but it's not going to be as good as some of the ones we have had in the past.

It might be something to do with the Czech Koruna dropping nearly 10% in the last 2 months, against the pound. The Czech banks have hit a bit of trouble recently. This article was quite good, if slightly off topic.

http://www.radio.cz/en/section/marketplace/benefits-questioned-of-czech-central-banks-move-to-weaken-crown

That's good of Skoda. Wait up to 6 months for a car, and take away one of the incentives to make you want to wait that long in the first place (0%).

I wonder if certain dealers will be able to afford or allowed to give (up to) the 15% discounts offered previously, either direct or through brokers.

Watch this space!

Large discounts would be a retrograde step. The 0% finance is a much smarter incentive, protecting margins, brand image, residuals and helping lock customers into the brand toward the end of their PCP terms. For those reasons, despite any statements you have heard to the contrary, I will be surprised to see it withdrawn or significantly eroded any time soon.

I also don't see how CZ crown weakening (intentionally) against GBP and euro correlates to price increases on exports. A car sold for the same number of pounds here now puts more cz crowns in Skoda's bank account. Yes, imported component and material costs rise by a similar amount but taking into account local labour and locally manufactured parts it should still mean a net effect of higher profits for exported vehicles.

If you get there before the 22nd ask for Colin my salesman and tell him I said it was OK for you to have a look in mine, then if you get one from him I may get £50 out of him  :happy:.  

Kevin

Went to Station Garage today and looked at your Yeti. It was just about to go into the workshop to be finished.

Nice one but, parked alongside it was a newly delivered L&K in Jungle Green which we liked but was too expensive for us.

However, after being told by Colin that there would be a price increase in Jan 2014 and that the 0% finance and 3 year free servicing would also finish at the same time (see similar comments by others on here), we ordered a Jungle Green SE 140BHP DSG! :rock: 

We tried a 140BHP DSG used model they had (9000miles only!) and were converted. :rofl:  I've only ever driven one automatic in my life and there was no comparison to the DSG, so smooth and it was such a pleasure to be able to drive without having to worry about letting the revs drop too low.

Now have to increase the Valium until delivery. :giggle: 

Fred

• Like 2

Further to the details from Carwow re stopping 0%, I got the following e-mail from my dealer when I asked him about SUK policy in 2014:

"Just back today after being in Wales at the end of year conference. Yes price increase and no 0% so you bought at the correct time.

Skoda will price protect and Skoda finance will stand good, so you are all okay."

So NickP, prepare to be surprised. Wish I'd taken you up on that tenner bet!

Mind you Skoda UK will have some other form of incentive to buy. Perhaps along the lines of allowing a better discount?

Wonder if someone could answer my question?.  I've ordered a 1.2 TSi manual in October and I understand you can add and remove extra's fairly close  up to build time.  My question is, do you know if I could change from manual to DSG this late in the day?.  At present I've got a build date of week 2 in January.

Thanks in advance. 

Kevin

Went to Station Garage today and looked at your Yeti. It was just about to go into the workshop to be finished.

Nice one but, parked alongside it was a newly delivered L&K in Jungle Green which we liked but was too expensive for us.

However, after being told by Colin that there would be a price increase in Jan 2014 and that the 0% finance and 3 year free servicing would also finish at the same time (see similar comments by others on here), we ordered a Jungle Green SE 140BHP DSG! :rock: 

We tried a 140BHP DSG used model they had (9000miles only!) and were converted. :rofl:  I've only ever driven one automatic in my life and there was no comparison to the DSG, so smooth and it was such a pleasure to be able to drive without having to worry about letting the revs drop too low.

Now have to increase the Valium until delivery. :giggle: 

Fred

Well done Fred hope the wait is as short as mine :thumbup:,  see if I can get £50 out of Colin now  :giggle:  :giggle:  :giggle:

Wonder if someone could answer my question?.  I've ordered a 1.2 TSi manual in October and I understand you can add and remove extra's fairly close  up to build time.  My question is, do you know if I could change from manual to DSG this late in the day?.  At present I've got a build date of week 2 in January.

Thanks in advance

I'm fairly sure you're out of luck with that one. I asked the salesman over 2 weeks ago If I could change the style of alloy and swap leather interior for Alcantara but after many calls to SUK the answer was a definate NO!. (I have a build date of week 2) Something to do with not as many weeks notice given to factory due to the factory being closed for Xmas break. In other words the number of weeks notice required increases when ordering near Xmas. Won't hurt to ask your dealer as I don't believe a word mine says. Been waiting for this Yeti since May but due to their complete incompetence they keep messing up. Hope you have more luck.

Thanks in advance. 

Week 2 should be locked in the system now so no changes can be made. With regards to changes through the build, engine/gearbox needs to be done ASAP, metallic I think is about 6 weeks prior to build and all other options about 4 weeks.

Admittedly the provisional build weeks will move back and forth and to save any added delays, in an ideal world, the spec that you order really needs to stay the same, as changes can throw the build week out sometimes.

HTH

Thanks in advance. 

If Skoda agree, they might class it as a "new" order which means a back of the queue job (June delivery?).  That's what happened to me when I changed from SE to Elegance (wk 50/13 to wk 9/14 build). Options like Sat Nav etc may be OK to keep same build week, but a different engine/gearbox would probably mean a different build slot.

I know how you feel, as you will always wish that you should have ordered a DSG in the first place, so if you can change, even with a delayed delivery, that may be best in the long run.

Good luck! 

PS: posted before Preston Motors reply which confirms my suspicion.

Week 2 should be locked in the system now so no changes can be made. With regards to changes through the build, engine/gearbox needs to be done ASAP, metallic I think is about 6 weeks prior to build and all other options about 4 weeks.

Admittedly the provisional build weeks will move back and forth and to save any added delays, in an ideal world, the spec that you order really needs to stay the same, as changes can throw the build week out sometimes.

HTH

If the dealerships  were better informed of the options list then people like myself would have ordered their cars with their chosen options when they first ordered the thing. I only found out about alcantara by trailing through the net. my dealer didn't think it was even an option. By the time he found out about it it was too late to change the order as i wasn't prepared to start a new order as i have been waiting since May for this car.I think it's terrible customer service when a customer knows more about the face lift than the salesman. Never again a Skoda.