Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

I want your drive! An Octavia for every occasion.

Was an easy decision to get the Scout really in addition really, as wife needed new car, loved my Octavia - its got boot space for the kids stuff, drives the B roads around here well and the lease deal was so good.

I considered the L&K and Scout 4x4. The numbers on our lease scheme were excellent. It was the skirts which set me to thinking of the VRS instead. I really wanted 4x4 having driven Audi Quatrros for years but I'll be buying some winter tyres for the VRS.

Interesting having an owner with both models. How does the Scout compare to the VRS In real world terms?

Maybe best if I start a thread away from here I can report back on separately for this... will see about that later.

• Like 1

Was an easy decision to get the Scout really in addition really, as wife needed new car, loved my Octavia - its got boot space for the kids stuff, drives the B roads around here well and the lease deal was so good.

Maybe best if I start a thread away from here I can report back on separately for this... will see about that later.

Yeah I drove one for the Skoda Owners magazine and could really see the appeal. For me it was only the less involved driving experience that would let it down. There again, around here the added practicality would be a real bonus. :) 

So now we have the Scout 150 Tdi, thought i'd upload pics (plus alongside my vrs)...

633D5280-909F-47FF-80AE-77AD70E157DA.jpg

C358ACAA-E1B4-4D3C-97E2-EAEE5D017A34.jpg

F46E5764-B146-4823-A062-32E9104D636C.jpg

034F163D-2271-43EA-AB0D-A0F3790C6F85.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3595_1.jpg

Am more than a little bit jealous this is my ideal his n hers combo! :nerd:  :nerd:  :nerd:

• Like 1

Pics of my new beauty that I picked up last Friday, over the moon with it!

Photo%2019-06-2015%2011%2015%2059_zps2au

Thinking of lowering springs and spacers next, plus just ordered LED's for the interior...

Love the color!

• Like 4

How do you find the engine randomeclipse?

Granted I am not going to be racing people away from the lights (and winning), but I didn't buy the car for that reason - otherwise I'd have bought the vRS.

I test drove the 1.2 and 1.4 Petrol versions before I decided which to get and couldn't spot a difference in performance.

• The 1.2 is £30 a year to tax, over £110 for the 1.4
  • The turbo in the 1.2 makes if feel like a bigger engine
  • It pulls nicely in each gear once you get above 2k rpm
  • It's more economical that the 1.4
  • The 1.2 SE is the recommended model for a family car for WhatCar 2015 and is highly rated amongst other websites/magazines - i.e. autocar etc.
  • It's cheaper than the 1.4, however I fortunately was able to find one from stock, which is quite lucky as they're one of the more popular models (apparently)

There are some other points too, which swayed me but I can't remember them :)

Edited by randomeclipse