vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?

vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?

• Yes, I have this problem
    • No, I have not had this problem

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We thank you for your enquiry. Sales enquiries will be actioned within 24 hours.

For all other enquiries, every endeavour will be made to provide a full reply as soon as possible,

however please allow 3 - 5 days if your enquiry requires investigation.

Thank You.

SkodaAuto Customer Services.

Are their days longer than the ones here?

They seem to be taking a very long time to reply. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Why oh why dont they do leather on a vrs fabia options list I am in a quite dirty job and I dont think the scotchgard will protect my seats for a year. So after a year what do I do, get it retrimed in leather or buy seat covers? Oh and have just seen my car at the dealers but there is some mess up with the tax so there delivering it to my door tomorrow. I have been waiting 12 weeks. I have got every option except sat nav.

I have also E-mailed Skoda: (11 days = fuzz :thumbdwn: )

Dear Skoda,

I have been driving my Skoda Fabia Vrs for exactly 11 days and I am very happy with it.

However, I am very concerned with my drivers seat as it has become covered in a 'fuzzy' fluff through x11 days wear!

I am obviously unhappy about this, can you advise me on what to do.

Regards

John

I asked my dealer about my seats - he said he'd get it through warranty as it was showing excessive wear considering the age. No probs at all. The part new cover is ordered and I just waiting a phone call!

Hi delroy,

Have you reported it directly to Skoda UK? If not, the number is above or at the very start of this thread.

Thanks for taking the time.

I have also E-mailed Skoda: (11 days = fuzz :thumbdwn: )

Dear Skoda' date='

I have been driving my Skoda Fabia Vrs for exactly 11 days and I am very happy with it.

However, I am very concerned with my drivers seat as it has become covered in a 'fuzzy' fluff through x11 days wear!

I am obviously unhappy about this, can you advise me on what to do.

Regards

John[/quote']

Blimey that is awful.

I've had mine for almost a year now and my seats are perfect. My Dad's had his for 2 years and they're perfect too. I wonder if they changed the material part-way and returned back to another? Either that or you wanna bin those sandpaper kecks you're wearing...:D

My driver's seat is only starting to show this very slightly after 9k, no more than I'd expect on any car really. But the car has been treated with Supagard, don't know if that makes a difference. Was quite concerned when I had a fat lad sitting in it after playing football and leaving a big sweat patch on the passenger seat, but thankfully that cleaned off! :D

I have noticed it, but decided not to complain as I assumed it's just wear and tear, from where I get in the car.

I have had my seats Supagard Valeted once as there were little marks on the seats I couldn't get off, and suffice to say they did a good job, but didn't stop the fluff.

But I haven't seen fit to complain, I've already had a shock absorber (front passenger side) replaced, due to a rattle, I have another rattle now, which I am trying to find out what it is.... :rolleyes:

Dan

I have noticed it' date=' but decided not to complain as I assumed it's just wear and tear, from where I get in the car.

I have had my seats Supagard Valeted once as there were little marks on the seats I couldn't get off, and suffice to say they did a good job, but didn't stop the fluff.

But I haven't seen fit to complain, I've already had a shock absorber (front passenger side) replaced, due to a rattle, I have another rattle now, which I am trying to find out what it is.... :rolleyes:

Dan[/quote']

Why ever not? Your car is warranteed for 60,000 miles/3 years like everyone elses isn't it?

If you were to sell it tomorrow and the prospective buyer had seen plenty of non-fuzzy seated vRSs before yours, do you think he/she would go for yours then?

Best of luck, but I think you are making a mistake personally.

I got a voicemail from my dealer saying that they'd been contacted by customer services and for me to call...

The thing is' date=' after spending about 5 hours cleaning my interior yesterday and seeing how clean it is now, I don't think I want them changing!

D'Oh![/quote']

:rofl: But they'll replace them with new ones.

Why ever not? Your car is warranteed for 60' date='000 miles/3 years like everyone elses isn't it?

If you were to sell it tomorrow and the prospective buyer had seen plenty of non-fuzzy seated vRSs before yours, do you think he/she would go for yours then?

Best of luck, but I think you are making a mistake personally.[/quote']

I guess you're right, I just hate going in a whinging about stuff, I have been back a couple of times now! But I guess thats what warranty is there for! Havin an oil change in a bit, I'm gonna mention the fuzz now you've prompted me! :thumbup:

i have also noticed another problem with my drivers seat, i can feel the plastic base of the seat starting to poke through the foam, this is at the edge of the seat on both sides, its staryting to dig into my thigh, my seat is also rocking and i have bobbling, hopefully they will replace the whole seat

I guess you're right, I just hate going in a whinging about stuff, I have been back a couple of times now! But I guess thats what warranty is there for! Havin an oil change in a bit, I'm gonna mention the fuzz now you've prompted me! :thumbup:

You are not whinging. You are getting what you paid for.

Whinging is (in my opinion), complaining about something unjustifiably, like your tyres wearing at a normal rate during normal use. :)

I wish British, weren't so. ;)

iVE BEEN GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH SKODA CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR A WHILE NOW AS I POSTED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD, oops caps off... the garage replaced the rear part of the passenger seat because of a pull in the fabric, but now they wont do the base for the same reason! So i have spoken to customer services and await a reply, also my driver seat is annoyingly squeaky so they are going to look at that in three weeks when the 40K service is due, all booked in.

Also I have two small dent in my bonnet coming up from the inside!! They are at the front near the latch, how could they have happened?

Apart from all that car is still amazing, maybe I should just get completely new seats, instead of just recovering them in leather...

Ill keep you posted. P.s. requested that skoda use a different colour also due to problems with cleaning...

*** UPDATE ***

My representative from Skoda UK called me out of the bue the other day with a strange note about "...we've received your seat covers and our Senior Technician will be taking them over the next time he goes, as you are not the first person to have lodged a complaint about this problem".

Now notwithstanding the fact that the dealer and my rep have told me that these covers had already been sent to Skoda UK and Skoda HQ (which is very confusing to me), this is progress people, albeit slower than we'd prefer. Mint.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...