Build Week 3 - 13/01/2014

Damo,

How did you find this out? My dealer is quite poor about keeping up to speed. That said i'm not down for build until this week but would be interested in finding out current status.

By the way how long ago did you order? I placed my order the beginning of November for a Candy White VRS with plenty of options so all things considered isn't too bad if it does indeed get built this week.

My dealer phoned for me today, he called the Irish HQ, quoted him my reference number and they were able to tell him it's on the boats that's due to land on Saturday... It then takes 4/5 days to clear customs. So I expect 12th of feb or so

• Like 2

Car picked up today & it's fantastic, well worth the wait. I love it. :love:

I'll get some pics up when I figure out how!! :think:

• Like 1

So, went into the dealer this evening to choose a registration and arrange collection. (The car had been there all day, but they hadn't got round to phoning me...) Collection arranged for Friday afternoon which looks like being the only dry bit of the week.

Had a quick gander at the car in the twilight and even despite the transport wrappings, it looks stunning. I can't wait!

My question to you all is: just how excited is it acceptable for a 40-something year old British male to get?!

I'm in my 40's I was excited to pick my one up, few weeks ago after waiting 20 weeks for it...

I still have a smile on my face driving it..!!

choose a registration No..??? I couldn't do that, I was told that  DVLA just gave you one.. :wonder: 

I'm in my 40's I was excited to pick my one up, few weeks ago after waiting 20 weeks for it...

choose a registration No..??? I couldn't do that, I was told that  DVLA just gave you one.. :wonder: 

Really? My dealer had a notebook with a whole list of reg numbers, with about 25 still available. Ok, they were sequential, but it was still a choice of sorts. Picked one out that would be easier to remember...

choose a registration No..??? I couldn't do that, I was told that  DVLA just gave you one..  :wonder:  

Likewise my dealer just gave me a number, mind I did not bother to ask if there was a choice. Still keep getting the last three letters wrong or in the wrong order if I have to quote them, so another number might have been better :giggle:

TP

Really? My dealer had a notebook with a whole list of reg numbers, with about 25 still available. Ok, they were sequential, but it was still a choice of sorts. Picked one out that would be easier to remember...

My one ended with HFY

Bridge Tony,

Are you using a dealer in the Southampton area?  Mine is and they said I couldn't pick one, its just assigned.

Went to Winchester in the end as the dealer more local to Southampton (not to name names!) didn't give me any sense they wanted my order when I went for a view of the new vRS.

Have been very friendly and customer focused, even if not very good at communicating proactively...