Metal Grey?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had a scan of www.Skoda .co.uk website, looking with a degree of interest in the mk3 Octavia used prices and stumbled on a few in Metal Grey- really like the subtle look of this colour, really classy. 

Mainly Hatches on sale there.

Not sure about the best interior combination - red or grey.Think my preference is grey.

Edited by vrskeith

All I can say to you is that it looks damn good in red. :D

I ordered grey but they messed my order and came in red. I don't regret now!
It goes well with red brake calipers and metal grey paint.

• Like 1

Just had a scan of www.Skoda .co.uk website, looking with a degree of interest in the mk3 Octavia used prices and stumbled on a few in Metal Grey- really like the subtle look of this colour, really classy.

Mainly Hatches on sale there.

Not sure about the best interior combination - red or grey.Think my preference is grey.

Definitely red! Nice contrast and goes with the calipers!

Paul

• Like 1

Another here for the red!

Pick the car up tomorrow, so hopefully it'll still look great then :D

I'm sure it will be great Mort.

Have a great day!

Going metal grey with silver roof rails. Will this look odd with the standard Gemini anthracite wheels, or will their silver detailing even it all out?

I quite like the idea of both silver rails and the anthracite, but just unsure how they look together!

Going metal grey with silver roof rails. Will this look odd with the standard Gemini anthracite wheels, or will their silver detailing even it all out?

I quite like the idea of both silver rails and the anthracite, but just unsure how they look together!

I have black roof rails & standard silver Gemini's & think it would look much better with the Silver roof bars.

As the anthracite wheels have silver details on the flat faces I think it would look fine like this.

This is mine. Chrome with anthracites. Best combo IMO. Chrome breaks up the grey.

Yeah the chrome looks very good with the grey.

One for my next order as it wasnt available at the time... ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies!

I reckon anthracite wheels with silver rails and chrome is indeed the top option. Problem is, that adds £400 as shiny options.

I'll have to see what numbers my dealer comes back with for the overall purchase.

The choice will be:

anthracite & no shiny bits £0

Silver rails and silver wheels £150

Silver rails and chrome and anthracite wheels £400

Kind of fun mulling it all over!

Well picked my Metal Grey hatch, with black pack, up yesterday. Definitely love the black and grey combo.

Not saying the silver doesn't work, but the black goes great with it. And the red detail inside too.

Also - the grey geminis are less shiny than i remember. I think the 19 Extremes are a lot more 'silver' to look at.

Edited by Mort

Well picked my Metal Grey hatch, with black pack, up yesterday. Definitely love the black and grey combo.

Not saying the silver doesn't work, but the black goes great with it. And the red detail inside too.

Also - the grey geminis are less shiny than i remember. I think the 19 Extremes are a lot more 'silver' to look at.

Enjoy!!

Good day for you?!

Loving it! Amazed it was only 12 weeks from order to collecting it! But was definitely worth the wait!

The more I look at it the more I love the colour too. Was between this and the black. Definitely made the best choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of pics of my new VRS in the Metal Grey on its first run out down to Dartmoor :)

_DSC8132_zpsbc95ec9d.jpg

_DSC8127_zpsd14d0797.jpg

Saw one of these yesterday for the first time, what a colour. A proper colour for a proper Q car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is mine all the way from Australia!

That is a very classy look, in my opinion.

If I was buying the vRS MK3 again, then this would be my colour.

Lovely looking motor.