Metal Grey?

A metal grey Fabia past me yesterday as I turned off the M1, looked very nice and had it been available when I ordered our Octy I could have been tempted away from the free paint options. So a shame Skoda were slow in introducing it after they withdrew the previous metallic grey colours.

TP

• 2 weeks later...

Really warming to the colour, I think the colour would suit a VRs Combi really well.

Hmm...

Really warming to the colour, I think the colour would suit a VRs Combi really well.

Hmm...

I think so too.. I chose it over the Race Blue as thought it was less likely to attract unwated attension but I think it suits the car quite well.

It doesn't scream vRS so much like white or blue making it a little more unstated which I like.

A metal grey Fabia past me yesterday as I turned off the M1, looked very nice and had it been available when I ordered our Octy I could have been tempted away from the free paint options. So a shame Skoda were slow in introducing it after they withdrew the previous metallic grey colours.

Yeah, strange isn't it because its not a new colour even to Skoda & dark grey is a pretty common colour for you average family wagon.

I guess the VAG group have to use small details like this to allow some differentiation between products because the cars are so similar now (especially in styling & features).

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296662-post-your-mk3-octavia-photos/?p=3774432

Despite best efforts to capture the Metal Grey colour, I must say and what other members have said is that the colour looks so much better in the flesh. I have been very nervous following previous posts where people have commented about hints of green or blue in the colour, but having now collected the car, all my fears have gone and really loving the colour.

Only done 150 miles since collection (5 days ago) and really enjoying it. My only little issue is that I am sure I am experiencing the boom / resonance that has been well documented on another thread. Clearly sounds like when driving with a rear window open a little and where all the other windows are shut. Still early days with the car and need to put more mileage on before I consider a trip back to the dealers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

WOW!!! My Dealer has just called to say that My Metal grey vRS Combi with black pack is in the country and should be with them by the end of the week. :D  Wish I'd ordered the bigger wheels now though.

• Like 1

10478566_869837949696564_301169401754707

Elegance (norway includes chrome trim as non-optional standard), sport suspension, 18" Alaris, mirror caps from RS black pack.

On such a car, it seems BMW 5-series and alike run chrome rails on chrome trim cars, so that was kept.

Door opening savers in alloy trim, hatch opening saver in gloss black. Seemed and seems the best way.

• Like 2

Great to see the Metal Grey club growing in numbers...
WAUOla, I love the Alaris wheels, they compliment the grey very well.

metal grey Superb due in a few weeks - good to see these pics as its impossible to see any other pics anywhere!

Edited by Bigpikle

Getting my metal grey vrs estate with black pack on tuesday, first of july. I'll try to get some picures.. Been a long wait, ordered in end of January.

• Like 3

Picked up my VRS on Saturday. I had been a bit nervous of ordering metal grey without seeing any pictures and then as they emerged on the net I thought they sometimes looked a bit dull. I am happy to say the car looks fantastic. I don't think photos do it justice, much better in the flesh. Depending on the light there is, to my eyes, a subtle hint of green which adds a bit of interest. Hope this reassures any waiting buyers.

I was also a bit worried about the flat bottomed wheel, thinking this was a bit silly on a road car and would annoy me. It actually slides through the hands fine and feels nice. It's also easier to get in with the recarro style side padding to the seats. So overall I'm a happy bunny.

• Like 2

Picked up my VRS on Saturday. I had been a bit nervous of ordering metal grey without seeing any pictures and then as they emerged on the net I thought they sometimes looked a bit dull. I am happy to say the car looks fantastic. I don't think photos do it justice, much better in the flesh. Depending on the light there is, to my eyes, a subtle hint of green which adds a bit of interest. Hope this reassures any waiting buyers.

I was also a bit worried about the flat bottomed wheel, thinking this was a bit silly on a road car and would annoy me. It actually slides through the hands fine and feels nice. It's also easier to get in with the recarro style side padding to the seats. So overall I'm a happy bunny.

Pics please!

Just delivered - 1.4 TSI SE - metal grey with chrome trim.

(Also Canton, Mitsumi, reversible boot floor, boot nets, spare tyre and front arm-rest)

Really pleased with the metal grey and chrome trim - I may be biased, but to my eyes it's the nicest combination I've seen on an Octavia.

post-93508-0-77417100-1404306281_thumb.jpg

Edited by Calvus
  • Like 1

I didn't realise Chrome was available again. Looks good

Thanks - nor did the dealer, but I noticed that it had appeared on the configurator and got it added to my order.

He actually thanked me for speccing it - as he has had three sales this week that specced the chrome trim on the basis of seeing mine sitting at the dealers.

Should have asked for commission.... :D

So it is. £250 seems quite pricey though.

Interestingly I just spotted you can now get heated rear seats too.

When I ordered the chrome trim in early-May it was only £150.......

Edited by Calvus

• 2 months later...

London Les, have you concidered submitted your Metal Grey pictures for the Briksoda 2015 Calendar?

I think your picutres are the best of the metal grey so far..!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/288343-briskoda-2014-calendar-photo-submission/

• Like 2