Metal Grey?

In the metal I think it looks exactly like the the Audi & Golf dark grey you see a lot (this was what I was hoping for when I ordered).

I think its not far from the old Mk2 dark grey colour which wasn't available at the first launch of the Mk3.

Had a few heart flutters when I saw the Superb render of the same colour which looks a strange green/blue combination but I'm really happy with it on the vRS.

Cip, I hope you build date comes forward. Its unbelievable that less than 2 weeks between orders gives such a big difference :(

DZ, the scenery is Saas-Fee in Valais Switzerland & my pictures definately don't do it justice. Its a breathtaking landscape & the skiing wasn't bad either.

The metal grey looks very nice. My dealer is saying that whilst I can still make changes to the order (build week 19), I can't have metal grey (currently race blue) due to the delays on the VRS pushing back the release of this colour. Any experiences of this; anything I can do to overcome? any help would be much appreciated....

Metal Grey is available on all the models (not just the vRS) & it didn't delay my order (was 11 weeks from order to collection) but I don't think anyone really knows exactly what is causing the delays/build week lottery at the moment.

I guess you have to compare how much you prefer it over the racing blue & how much it will delay your order (BW19 isn't so far away now..!).

Thanks, Gabbo. I'm not sure why our dealer seems to see this as a problem then. We are currently 13 weeks from ordering, so with a build date of  19, its going to be 20 weeks before we get our car, which is ridiculous in my mind. Will persevere...... 

Yeah I know, I feel for you and the other people still waiting for orders from last year.

The worst part about it is the lack of information for why its taking so long.

All I can say is stick with it, for me it was definately worth the wait (although mine was shorter than most) & I'm sure you wont be dissapointed.

Hi guys,

We are seriously considering signing papers on a mk3 this week.

Color options are between Moon white and Metal grey.

So, luckily one metal grey sat outside the store, waiting for a new owner...

bilde%201.JPG

bilde%202.JPG

• Like 1

Nice, that is lucky so you don't have to go through the build week lottery..!

Unfortunately your pictures aren't showing. Can you post them again?

Do you also have a picture of the Moon White as in another thread some people were discussing the differences between Candy White & the new white introduced at the same time as Metal Grey.

Good luck with your decision. I'm sure you wont be dissapointed with an Octavia.

No, no.

I need to decide color, then order normally from production (1.4 TSI DSG Elegance, bixenon, part-leather w/memory, XDS/sports suspension, 18" Alaris, ...).

Already have grey metallic Audi urquattro, so could have taken something else... But girlfriend is a little agains moon white.

I never fully get those dropbox images to work. Try from my own domain this time:

metalgrey1.jpg

metalgrey2.jpg

metalgrey3.jpg

If you are still undeided on colour (obviously I think the Metal Grey is a good choice :rock: ) take a look in this thread.

It has most colours (black, blue, white, silver, beige, red, yellow, green, metal grey ;)..)

Also, do you have any pictures of the Moon White as I think this is quite a new colour that people would be interested to see?

It all came down to knowing the metal grey and liking that personally. Not fully knowing the moon white put people on the fence (alike myself).

The palette for Octavia is a little thin/strange nowadays in my eyes (3 white colors, and platin grey was taken out!). So many others will go metal grey, and that is what bothers me a little, to have a quite common color. Then again, my other half was getting more and more ancious about the moon white.

http://skodalive.picarioserver.com/picaris/getimage.ashx?fn=octavia_combi&ft=1&q=100&w=990&c0=82_82_85

At the end of the day, I'll be stuck with a hatchback as daily and a tweaked urquattro for pleasure, so my girls can ride safe in a Czech wagon.

So we ended blowing approx £35 000 on a brand new metal grey car yesterday. :whew:

35000 pounds = Reasonably priced family estate in Norway... What options/engine did you end up with? We´re waiting for a 1.8 TSI DSG metal grey ordered back in 3rd. week of January. Apparently it was born this this week, with an estimated delivery last part of May:-)

£35k ? did you end up ordering a new Mercedes, BMW or Jaguar then ?

No, EU and UK are around 50~60 % of Norwegian prices.

35000 pounds = Reasonably priced family estate in Norway... What options/engine did you end up with? We´re waiting for a 1.8 TSI DSG metal grey ordered back in 3rd. week of January. Apparently it was born this this week, with an estimated delivery last part of May:-)

Well, it's almost hijacking the thread, but with que/small erands or long rides, we did the 1.4 TSI DSG with Elegance and some packages, so black interior with part-leather, 18", sport suspension & XDS, sun-set, paddle shifters, Canton, electrical bootlid, parking heater, and some other bits and pieces.

And having two grey cars... :drunk:

Edited by WAUOla
  • Like 1

Eeek ! that's pricey, but then I suppose its probably relative to average earnings etc.

I ended up with a blue vRS TDi  CC, Nav and spare wheel.

Having seen the Metal Grey in the flesh now, I am happy I switched, there is quite a bit of green in the grey, less of the gunmetal colour I hoped for. Still a nice colour, but not quite what I had expected.

Just got a mail from the dealer: My Metal Grey Estate TSI140 will be built on April 28. Since I ordered March 18, that's just 6 weeks from order. Did my car bump someone else's off the queue? Or has the factory geared up a couple of notches in production speed?

Now I just wish that all the "other stuff" that has to work (transports, registration, delivery service and such) doesn't throw a spanner in the works...

Today I have received a confirmed build week of week 19. That means a potential delivery date at the end of May for my Metal Grey VRS.  6 weeks to go!