Metal Grey?

According to the January edition of the Skoda brochure, Metal Grey along with Moon White will be new colour options.

I'm trying to get an idea of what shade of grey Metal Grey actually is as I may be tempted to change from Brilliant Silver/Silver Trim to

Metal Grey/Red trim.  I've found a number of renders but not many real-world images.

Anyone know if Metal Grey is a totally new colour or has it been used previously?

I've found a couple of real images of what I think is Metal Grey and a number of renders from Skoda.  Do you think the real images are Metal Grey?

The hue from the the renders, particularly the configurator are very dark although you can see in the real images that the surfaces not in direct sunlight (roof and side under swage line) are quite dark.

Cheers

Four images, supposedly real but may well have been 'shopped.

uwnr.jpg

ktd9.jpg

tw16.jpg

8w16.jpg

The following two images are from the Czech Skoda site and show a Superb in Metal Grey taken from the interactive page which allows the user to spin the car in 360 degrees.  I've taken two images from the angles that show the lightest and darkest hues:

zsea.jpg

2ijp.jpg

The final two images show the Octavia in Metal Grey from the Czech Skoda configurator with red interior and black pack.

66io.jpg

2wck.jpg

• Like 1

I was think the same has a lot of potential to be a great colour. Would love to see a real 1 in the flesh.

I suspect its a colour already used some place in the range.

Edited by mikeoz
  • Like 2

Seems to be a natural successor to the Anthracite Grey that was available on the Octy II including the 2009 vRS Limited Edition which had the pre-FL exterior with the FL interior.

looks ok but still wouldn't pay £500 for the privilege of any of the metallics

+1 I got crew protect and a bootnet Oh & saved £25 too instead, works for me, not for all though still, I don't mind using a bit of car wax when the sun does finally come out. 

Regards

T

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

Gah! Metal Grey is the colour i want! Ordered a black one because a dark grey was not available.

Hope it is available here in Sweden.

I will check with my dealer and Skoda Sweden first thing on monday morning.

Edited by Janneschaffer

I had a Satin Grey MK2 vRS Hatch with Neptune Black wheels- really looked the bees knees. IMO.

You can achieve great colour combinations both with red or silver trim, also good with anthracite alloys on a MK3.

Good alternative too met Black .

I'm tempted to change my order from white to this... But the price puts me off :(

That's crazy,go with your heart and your eye. money not the issue as a % of purchase price.

Also top colours get better residuals!!/quicker sale

Tried to order the previous grey back in august and was told it was not discontinued. I saw metal grey and tried to order it. Got a big fat NO and ended up with brilliant silver.

Well with all the delays here I am now still waiting. I heard on here that it was now available so tried to make the change and Sod's law I now have a confirmed build for next week so silver it is then.

Tried to order the previous grey back in august and was told it was not discontinued. I saw metal grey and tried to order it. Got a big fat NO and ended up with brilliant silver.

Well with all the delays here I am now still waiting. I heard on here that it was now available so tried to make the change and Sod's law I now have a confirmed build for next week so silver it is then.

Unlucky mate

Have to buy my next one in this colour in 3 years time....!!!

my luck it will be discontinued by then...  :think: 

I rang my dealer yesterday and asked if my build week has moved again, but it's definetly being build next week some time otherwise I would have changed my colour. Happy and sad at the same time!! Lol!

• Like 1

That's crazy,go with your heart and your eye. money not the issue as a % of purchase price.

Also top colours get better residuals!!/quicker sale

bullsh*t

you never ever get back the £500 odd pricetag for paying for metallic paint...costs Skoda pennies for the colour and you are prepared to pay hundreds for it .... get real...more fool you mate

Edited by morty

bullsh*t

you never ever get back the £500 odd pricetag for paying for metallic paint...costs Skoda pennies for the colour and you are prepared to pay hundreds for it .... get real...more fool you mate

Your acid opinion of course.

Hope that you enjoy your monotone coloured pallet.

Buying a Brand New car is apparently financial utter madness, but tens of thousands of People do. If the price of this new colour will be to much for your wallet, swap it for the Amundsen Info system with the Canton speaker Upgrade cos you will never make your money back on that When you come to Sell your Motor After all the Bolero Unit will PLAY your music albiet at a Lesser quality and you can buy a Tom Tom for £100.

It's called personel Choice the World would be boring without it.

• Like 1

Your acid opinion of course.

Hope that you enjoy your monotone coloured pallet.

sorry Keith I was a little acid there ... moral of the story, never post after a few sherberts !!! once again apologies..... I could've put it better :think:

• Like 2